What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardon me for saying that my mum is ill and that I love her:(

It seems that one or two people think that a consumer website should be their own daily personal blog. If people put as much effort into helping others as they do when they occasionally post to say that they are shocked and disgusted then I'm sure that cag could benefit those people that it was originally set up to do. At the moment the posts are like reading about online Grumpy Old Women who seem to want to argue that blacks white through their own rose tinted glasses instead of just quietly poodling along with it like most of us do

But thats just my own opinion of course:roll:

Well just don't read it then...simple. You are contradicting yourself.

I don't think you understand that being the only full time carer for my family and my parents is time consuming. Part of my frustration is NOT being able to help more here but I do what I can and this isn't the only site or consumer source of advice that I assist on.

Not everyone is able to post all day everyday and it wouldn't be fair to start helping someone and not be able to respond regularly.

Reading back as far as I cared to, it seems that all of your posts are not related to ANYTHING consumer based. It's all Bear Garden, fun and games and looking forward to your next meets. How is that serving the purpose of this site? Good grief...you dare to judge me and say how poorly your Mum is but have the luxury of jovial evenings out blatting about the country with your 'friends'. You truly have no idea and are not in a place to cast stones.

I've had to put my life on hold for years, physically and financially without help from anyone. I do it because however much she annoys me, I still care but that's not much consolation for my own children.

Whatever you say, I pride myself in always being there for her and being a good listener and friend to anyone that needs help or just a shoulder to lean on. The whole ethos of this site is not to judge other posters and I support that.

If we were all expected to be 'quietly poodling' along without a grumble, most of CAG wouldn't exist. Ask your friends to scrap this thread if you don't like what people have to say on it. I hope people treat you kindly when life throws a bad hand at you and you need to talk.

You can have the last say as I'm just not interested anymore.

:rolleyes:

The whole helping out on Cag defence is the brainchild of MTM. I know they are not her words, but they might as well be for allowing this on her account. ;) Can't prove it of course, it will be denied, but let's just say people are more than aware of it. ;)

I assume by everyone elses comments that myself **Tilly** and Caro who have respect for our parents and who are respected by them in return are in the minority here and we are now considered fair game for personal attacks on our principles and lifestyle... disagreeing with the majority is obviously not the way to go on CAG as the big bullies will gang up on us and force us to shut up... so much for freedom of speech and expressing opinions..

What made me want to swear today?

Some of the 'Cr*p' posted on this thread... :rolleyes:

Have a good day peeps... oh and BTW... Last Post.. :D

As a good friend of Tilly's who spends alot of time with her and 'him' I can see why you are trying to defend them. I assert it is not what you would have ordinarily thought, but you've been sucked into the blag. You are dead wrong.

Ok, its official....... this thread is making me want to swear!!!!!

We all love our mothers, we are genetically predispositioned to do that. Can we just agree that some have better relationships with their mothers than others and as some who have more complicated emotions surrounding their relationships with their mothers have a place to let off steam from time to time and this is that thread, just take it as red that from time to time someone will come on here and say what a bad day they are having with their mother, or any other family member. If you lack the empathy to understand that not everyone has a perfect relationship with their mother that this offends you then I suggest you dont read them.

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Cheese Rolling has been cancelled this year over safety fears for the 15,000+ spectators!!!!

BBC News - Gloucestershire cheese-rolling off due to safety fears

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

:eek:

I love my mum, even more so when it's Mother's Day this Sunday.

I might not have many brain cells, but I have enough to know not to disrespect the person that brought me into the world on a public internet forum.

You might think it's okay but I think it says a lot about you Crapstone.

My mum is very poorly and I treasure every extra minute I have with her.

IMHO I think that Tina's post is spot on, who in their right mind would even think of writing all the crap they do on here these days, this forum has gone way down in my estimation.

It's OK that you think there is a "club", but what about the "club" on CAG, all you that think your all much better than the rest, NO-ONE is perfect, but what I will say is that, Tina has GOT many more brain cells than most of you put together.

I would never ever slag my parents off on a public forum, I cherish every day that I have with them, I might not agree with them all the time, but I love them both very much........Rant over.........This is also my last post, I've had enough of this!!!!!

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

More brain cells that most of us put together? really? I hardly think so.

Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes first!

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

LOL - get a grip woman. You think it isn't known you only pop up with your trifle when you get told to. You're a puppet and you don't know it. Your claims have been rightfully rubbished, yet on you go with that nonsense. ;)

The clutching at straws is impressive...I can see who has been told to post what, and denial (again) will come in some shape or form. It sure is funny.

Open your eyes and think for yourself. Cor blimey you know nothing of what is going on because you are told otherwise by people you mistakenly think are your friends. Think again hun.

I hate what I know btw, it IS NOT through choice I assure you, but those that don't know how terrible what is going on here (no matter what you are told) please don't comment about 'shutting up' because you simply don't know what is going on (and again, I wish I didn't).

Cheese Rolling has been cancelled this year over safety fears for the 15,000+ spectators!!!!

BBC News - Gloucestershire cheese-rolling off due to safety fears

Just bumping my post whilst the scrapping continues!!!!!!

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

My stupid pooter keeps coming up with an annoying network password message every two minutes!! I have sworn many times today at it. Have turned pc off and on and it's still at it!!! It goes through fazes of doing this but it's outdoing itself today!!!!!!:mad:

Raaaar!!

Edited by Mungypup
rarr added

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Wow ...

Only came on to check the M'cr thread and made the mistake of reading this one.

I stopped posting a month or so ago because the bullying on another thread put me right off CAG. And after reading the above posts realise I did the right thing.

What happened to mutual respect and helping each other?

It seems that if you disagree with site team/ex site team members, then you are automatically accused of being MTM or speaking for him? Why the obsession with him? He hasn't even been on since last year.

I hope whoever is in charge of site team reads the above and considers whether they really want site team members making those type of comments. Surely they should be leading by example?

Just my opinion .... it will no doubt give the bullies someone new to have a go at! Feel free, I won't be reading it again.

Jan

People being accused of flaming when all they have done is show respect for the older generation made me want to swear.

(...)

It's all very well being nice to anonymous people on an internet forum, but surely it's more important to give the same consideration to the people in our real lives.

You have no idea what Tilly has had to put up with either as she has chosen to respect her mother's privacy. You may feel that you were venting your frustrations, but your post caused offence.

It's very sad.

It seems that if you disagree with site team/ex site team members, then you are automatically accused of being MTM or speaking for him? Why the obsession with him? He hasn't even been on since last year.

I hope whoever is in charge of site team reads the above and considers whether they really want site team members making those type of comments. Surely they should be leading by example?

:confused: :confused: :confused: As far as I can see, that's the only team member who's posted on this subject, aren't you being a bit harsh? Caro is after all entitled to her own opinion, calling her a bully is really OTT. Incidentally, team members are just human beings, not saints, and they are here for the housekeeping of the forum and guidance, but they're not judges,and they're perfectly entitled to express themselves on any given subject.

I know Caro well, or I hope so anyway, and even though I don't agree with her viewpoint in this instance, I respect her feelings and emotions in the matter, as I do Crapstone's.

Peace out. :-)

Feel awful :(. BF has just been round with bridesmaid shoes for me to try on as wedding is weeks away and she needs to get them sorted for final dress fitting. I should really have been with her when she was looking as I have very strange feet. I did offer but I think she under-estimated how difficult they are. Shoes did not fit and I feel awfull. They were too long and too thin. My feet length are size 3 but I have quite wide square feet in comparison to length, and can't genrerally do dainty shoes. I'm a midget at a wedding full of giants and so they are all wearing near flats and I'll be wearing high heels (no complaints here, I love high heels) but seems to be a struggle to find reasonably priced nice bridal shoes that would fit on my "Bilbo Baggins" as OH has called them. I know I can't help the shape of my feet but I feel such a trouble maker. It's so annoying as i'll wear whatever she tells me to, do whatever she tells me to, but I can't make my feet fit :(

Edited by Mungypup

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Oh dear, MP, that is not nice... but will anyone really notice? Are you wearing a long dress?

Listen you're going to be on your feet for a long time that day, it's important you are reasonably comfy rather than fitting in with the rest of the shoe ornamental theme. ;-)

It's a very long dress so I was saying same to her, that I doubt anyone will notice anything. I just don't want to be the cause of any problems, she's enough to think about. I feel awfull. I didn't want to be a pain. My shoes will be different from the others anyway, as they are trying to not have the height difference be such a problem. I don't mind heels (love them actually). I really just want to fit into whatever shoes she wants me in. And to think I was worrying about the dress fitting lol. I just want to be as easy going as I can for her. :(

Mungy Pup

Wow ...

Only came on to check the M'cr thread and made the mistake of reading this one.

Sure, LMFAO!!

I stopped posting a month or so ago because the bullying on another thread put me right off CAG. And after reading the above posts realise I did the right thing.

Awwwwwww, shame :-(

What happened to mutual respect and helping each other?

MTM FC Screwed it up. You weren't to know.

It seems people will go to great lenghts to be deluded. Good question though - why - saddddddd people. (except that he totally has been on you understand - nope - you don't know then? pmsl)

YAWN!!! LOLOLOL!!! WOWOW!!! Jesus....

Just my opinion .... it will no doubt give the bullies someone new to have a go at! Feel free, I won't be reading it again.

Yeah bye - back to collecting for JD Williams with you! (I wouldn't have minded really, but you fell in with the wrong crowd. Tough.

Jan

xxxx mwah xxxx

Get over it Jan, you met and believed twisted people - just get over it. Stop listening to them eejits! Deny, deny, deny.

It's a very long dress so I was saying same to her, that I doubt anyone will notice anything. I just don't want to be the cause of any problems, she's enough to think about. I feel awfull. I didn't want to be a pain. My shoes will be different from the others anyway, as they are trying to not have the height difference be such a problem. I don't mind heels (love them actually). I really just want to fit into whatever shoes she wants me in. And to think I was worrying about the dress fitting lol. I just want to be as easy going as I can for her. :(

I'm sure she understands, and you did offer to go shopping with her to make sure you got the right fit.

I also suffer with odd feet - I should have been a hobbit (except theyre not hairy!) lol. I have canal barges for feet although they are getting a little wider now that I am getting older :( Ive always had big long feet and at the age of 10 I was size 7 and now that Im in my twenties (second time round lol) I am a size 9 - 10 depending on the type of shoe! :eek:

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

I'm sure she understands, and you did offer to go shopping with her to make sure you got the right fit.

I also suffer with odd feet - I should have been a hobbit (except theyre not hairy!) lol. I have canal barges for feet although they are getting a little wider now that I am getting older :( Ive always had big long feet and at the age of 10 I was size 7 and now that Im in my twenties (second time round lol) I am a size 9 - 10 depending on the type of shoe! :eek:

I should have mentioned that lol. Mine aren't hairy either lol! That did cheer me up :lol: x

She totally understands bless her, but it doesn't stop me feeling awful for the extra hassle I've caused. She's ordering a size smaller tonight. Hopefully they will just be shorter and not thinner! I think I'm going to just have to put up with whatever will stay on my foot even if they dig in a bit and take extra pair for the night do. These really were falling off at the back though.

I am sooo glad you mentioned about feet getting wider, I have been wondering if that was just me as shoes that used to fit now dig in. They aren't getting any longer though. I'm only 30, well, 30 later on this year anyway so lord knows what they will be like if they continue to widen lol. You may see my paws on strange but true :D

Edited by Mungypup
spelling. I'm sure I've still missed lots

Mungy Pup

Hi Mungypup

was going to suggest that you wear her choice of shoes for the actual wedding/photos etc then change into something more comfortable for the rest of the day but see you've already thought of that! Once you're sitting down no one will look at your feet under the table so you can kick them off and relax! Then its dancing, bare feet are always preferable on those slippy floors! I'm a size 8 and used to wear very slim, high heeled shoes... now with age and the fact that I'm always in flatties or barefeet in the summer, those styles are very uncomfortable:p Feet have gone sideways (a bit like the rest of me):eek:

MP i understand how u mean awkard with shoes. I have a wide fitting on mine so need to be with ppl when they buy my shoes.

Also u think u are awkard with shoes i am very awkard when it comes to clothes. I have a 29 and 3/4 leg size but cant i get that size no. i can tho get a 30 or a 31 but the 30 dont look rite on me and a 31 are to big.

At least your friend understands and is not flapping all over the place.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.