East Riding of Yorkshire Council Overpayments - Part 3

Big Boss Man
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The saga continues, i have now received a third notification that i have been paid a further overpayment of Housing and Council Tax benefit !

This is despite notifying the Local Authority of a change in income, another appeal is now logged and progressing, update to follow shortly.

The retailers worst nightmare !

Is yours a "5 star" council???? If not they deserve to be on apparent incompetence:):):):):):)

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

Is yours a "5 star" council???? If not they deserve to be on apparent incompetence:):):):):):)

Lol, you took the words out of my mouth, by the time i finish with them they will be seeing stars !

• 3 months later...

UPDATE - TRIBUNAL WON..

Sorry for the delay in updating the thread, this whole matter has caused me to suffer from serious health issues.

My appeal has now passed through the Tribunal Service, the judge heard all the evidence and informed me that my appeal had been succedfull, he stated that i had done everything in my control to prevent the opverpayment and i was not aware the overpayment had occured untill notified.

He also critised the LA of not doing anything to stop overpayments as this was the third appeal i had attended.

There was an extremley low amount of tax credit relating to this overpayment, that i would have to pay back apparently, but the main amount has now been written off.

Thanks for all your help with this and other threads.