Sky Nightmare - Please Help / **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been reading some of this thread as I have had very bad experiences with sky. As to whether or not you get a sky 'engineer' or a local contractor is the luck of the draw. I have asked for a sky call out and specified a sky 'engineer' and got a local contractor. I would suggest that if you phoned sky to place the original order then it is with sky that you have the contract and it is their responsibility.

Regards

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

it does actually take sky 28 days to send a cheque not 14 and with the postal strikes could be delayed abit longer.

i would give it another week and stat chasing

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

However the question still remains if Sky are sending one of their own engineers out to fit Sky+ how will they achieve this when you still only have one Sat socket. Have they agreed to install a dish and would your landlord allow this or would a Stacker/DeStacker be used which I have found to be useless unless a very high quality cable is used between the socket and headend also the cable length between the socket and headend plays an important part in reliability issues with Stacker systems as the stacked set of frequencies suffer massive attenuation losses causing problems with freezing pictures, no signal, or failed recordings. How do I know this? Well my job is an IRS engineer who designs/installs & commisions such systems.

• 1 month later...