10 days to clear phone line!!!???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We're in the process of leaving SKY Broadband for Virgin. We received a letter today with our MAC code telling us that the service would end on 28th Aug, but that it would take 10 days to clear the line after that and we can't activate our new isp until then.

I thought all this 10 day malarky had been stopped?:confused:

If what we say helps you, then please tip the scales.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a load of rubbish to me, the normal procedure is for the companies to agree a change over date to avoid any loss of service.

I am a distributor for a well known utilities company and have introduced many customers from BT, AOL etc to our company without any major loss of service. At most, there may be about an hour without service whilst the relevant changes are made at the exchange. I have never had a new customer wait much longer than that.

Speak to Virgin and see what they say, hopefully they will be able to put your mind at rest.

Are you going for Virgin Media over their fibre optic network or over the BT network? If the fibre optic don't worry about when Sky clear the BT line you don't need that.

If you are going for virgin over BT, it does take longer to leave a network such as Sky as they are whats called an LLU, your broadband is essentially plugged into a diferent server than the BT server within the exchange.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 2 weeks later...

How did it go Gary?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar