Me v Barclays - But will Barclays close my other account

BankSamurai
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm looking to claim about £1800 for bank charges applies to a personal account, which Barclays closed down and sent to debt collection agencies.

I will be applying under the hardship exemption.

I also have two Barclays business accounts (sole trader a/c's). If I go for them, are they likely to shut down my business accounts?

Hello and Welcome,

Don't think they should, have a look at this thread, might help........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hardship-applications/199936-hardship-account-closure.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi BS,

If the Ltd Co has been closed down and dissolved, I don't see who could reclaim charges or where they could be paid. One to forget, I think.

CAG is working on a strategy for sole traders and businesses to reclaim their charges - such charges were made difficult to reclaim due to part of the OFT test case findings, handed down by Justice Smith. Read more about this here - Business claims for bank charges - The Consumer Forums

Keep an eye open for updates on the business claims so you can proceed if/when appropriate.

If you think you may qualify for consideration as a Financial Hardship case, you can try reclaiming on your personal bank a/c. Read the relevant sections here - The Consumer Forums - Bank charges templates (consumer)

If you have any Credit Card a/c's which have suffered penalty charges, these can be reclaimed in full and should be repaid with little trouble from the banks.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)