wjms vs First Direct - sort of won?!

wjms
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Following a very drastic change in my circumstances last year I've been trying to claim charges and so on back from my various banks and credit cards.

I've been dealing with First Direct for some time - they cancelled our account and transferred it to MCS, and so on and so forth. Then, when I put in a claim for charges etc, they stated that they were unable to action the claim as a result of the ongoing test case, our overdraft (less than the amount claimed) was conveniently forgotten and MCS (FS's in house collection team I believe) continued to try to collect the alleged debt.

I offered, without prejudice, to write off my claim for unlawful charges against their alleged over draft costs...

To my slight surprise today I got the attached letter.

Would welcome your opinions - should I still try to hammer them for a full and final settlement of all claims from both sides, or should I just wait since they admit that my claim is for more than the amount transferred to MCS...?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Jim

fd letter re charges vs od.pdf