Provident Collecting??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They have been sending agents to our doors begging ppl to take out loans with them. That is deffo not a request for a visit.

Can't wait, I'll have a bucket of "water" waiting in the hallway just in case!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a more serious note - doorstep calls can be embarrassing, intimidating and just plain scary. The proper way to deal with these is availsble via this site on the following link:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/591-dca-home-visit-if-you-receive-or-are-threatened-with-a-doorstep-visit-

Just print off a few copies of the letter and post through the letterbox as adviced. Then time how fast they retreat at the threat of police attendance.

• Haha 1

On a more serious note - doorstep calls can be embarrassing, intimidating and just plain scary. The proper way to deal with these is availsble via this site on the following link:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/591-dca-home-visit-if-you-receive-or-are-threatened-with-a-doorstep-visit-

Just print off a few copies of the letter and post through the letterbox as adviced. Then time how fast they retreat at the threat of police attendance.

Your post sums up just how i felt when the agent called on me,although i stood my ground i got quite nervous and felt terrible,i was shaking as i spoke to him,i was also worried the neighbours would over hear, i'll print some copies off the template,just in case.

Thank you for the link.

Provident and wescott obviously thought people would just pay up when confronted on their doorstep.

And not fight back.

well done,i like the grovelling apology and they closed the file.

Just shows what power we have over them when we stand our ground.

They knew they were overstepping the mark.

Congrats! David slew Goliath once more.

Would recommend reporting this post to a mod and asking they change the title of the thread to 'Provident doorstep collecting - Won'. This would make it easier for other people in the same situation to find out how to get rid of them.

then another doorstop collection bog off letter would be good then.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

sillygirl1,

Is that a hand or a foot in the mouth of your avatar??:rolleyes:

I don't think you are really getting into the signifigance of the thread. Some of us are fairly savvy as to how to deal with **** bag dcas.;):p

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

my daughter left home and the county ,owing provi, they have tried their hardest to get money out of me !!!! :x but after some choice words and a nice bit of law thrown in .... not even the local agent will speak to me now, and i see her nearly every day at our local shops!!:lol:

dont u even get a courtey hello or excuse me.

My last agent is that polite to me i get a move when i am in her way. On well not my fault she refused to turn up countless times.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 1 month later...

a provident agent stated that agents were now required to get payment of old debt from current provi customers, whose details they received from dca's including I believe - moorcroft?? that the debts were in some cases 10 years old but agents were asking customers to pay them along with their own loan from provi.

I think this is outrageous intimidation practices, leading customers to think that they will lose the facility already in place as this could be implied and not advising them that the loans are stature barred etc and they need to show a valid agreement as well. some customers are furious, rightly so, and isnt provident yes loans? so no surprise if the tactics match up.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

doorstep lending weekly collections - if a customer wants to pay by anothe method or monthly??

is it part of the agreement, i.e in the agreement that payments are weekly on doorstep?

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

and they will be marking credit file an unpaid....

yes,they ask if you want to 'renew' when you get into difficulty, pay off the arrears on the previous loan and start all over again, of course, racking up much more lenghty cycle of debt to them

Provident Financial - Annual Report 2008 - Business review - General & specific risks to our business

agents stay up to date with customers circumstances blah blah blah

lets face it tactics such as waiting outside your home in the car and grabbing you and going to the cashpoint with you, asking you to pay in the street, saying I know your car, asking you to leave the money with a friend or relative, does this accurately describe the power position agents use to get payments!!??

£400 loan, tcc £284, is this extortionate, so nearly £300 pound added, so repay almost £700.

that sounds a bit low

Loan example: If you borrow £300, you will pay back £10.50 over 52 weeks, which adds up to £546. Typical 272.2% APR

Compare the price of home collected and other cash loans available in your area at www.lenderscompared.org.uk

Cash loans, unsecured loans, bad credit loans £50 to £500 | Provident Personal Credit

Lenders Compared: Search Results

have a look at these rates

in case not clear - I do not recommend this lot, not in any way!

• 4 weeks later...

Can you refuse a particular agent and ask them to send someone else as our original agent has left and the new one call I told him I could only pay half this week due to a mix up with my bank he refuse said he wouldn't leave till he got at leased an extra £10 I was raging and told him to get to F*** but my wife run up stairs and borrowed it from our son.

Now am not refusing to make my payments I just don't want this git to come and collect it.

not from what i know but u can by pass the agent and send cheque payments to your local office. inform them in writing u will be making monthly cheque payments from know on as u dont like the attitude ur new agent when the bank had made a mistake.

On a side note i recieved a letter today asking if i wanted a loan with a APR of 350%

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks