Fighting for Refund of Deposit / **SUCCESS**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As I understand it CB – a McKenzie Friend (or Lay representative as LP says ) can accompany a claimant if they are not legally represented . Usually it’s a silent support with no right to speak , but under certain circumstances this can be granted if applied for before a hearing. (try googling McKenzie Friend and see what you come up with ... )

I know ........ take more water with it CB ....... LOL!! :D

Yes, I did the googly a while back, JM.. I must have missed the bit about applying before hand though. Thanks, I will tell the person who is the LiP to make the request. :-D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

No problem CB - glad you've got it sorted -------- :)

Now - HALLELUYAH!!!! my neighbour has had a cheque in the post this morning - FULL REFUND of his deposit !!!!!!!!!!!

The LBA must have done the trick - :D - they must have realised we were serious ......

Thanks to everyone who gave advice on this - it is much appreciated - up the CAGGERS!! :D:D:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

No problem CB - glad you've got it sorted -------- :)

Now - HALLELUYAH!!!! my neighbour has had a cheque in the post this morning - FULL REFUND of his deposit !!!!!!!!!!!

The LBA must have done the trick - :D - they must have realised we were serious ......

Thanks to everyone who gave advice on this - it is much appreciated - up the CAGGERS!! :D:D:D

Excellent news, JM.. I will amend the title to reflect the success. I dont think there is a "General Success" forum.. so you will have to stay put, I'm afraid.

:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks alphageek - a lot of it was down to your advice :)

Thanks for the SUCCESS flag CB - it looks good !!! x :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

:D

BCOBS

Well done! Rather a shame you didn't have to issue court proceedings though, in my opinion. Interest could've been nice and I always like issuing proceedings against these types of idiots, so they know I mean business!

As far as the DSR's go, it's not too relevant. From my reading of the OP's original post, the cancellation letter was sent recorded delivery 2 days after signing the contract, and by all standards they'd have to refund in such an event, as they have eventually realized.

And I believe if the appointment is arranged there must be at least 7 days cancellation period.

Onto Lay Representative, as has been asked. I think the law is different in Scotland & Northern Ireland, but in England & Wales I've never heard of there being a difficulty or experienced a difficulty.

One can write into the court requesting the approval for a Lay Representative to speak on their behalf, but in over 30 cases that I have gone to this has been unnecessary.

In accordance with CPR 27 PD 3.2

(PRACTICE DIRECTION – SMALL CLAIMS TRACK - Ministry of Justice)

A Lay Representative can speak for the Claimant or Defendant, providing the party they're speaking for is present at the same hearing. This only applies to final small claims hearing's, but the court can allow it at any other hearing relating to small claims cases, and has been known to.

In fast track & multi track cases, this does not apply, but permission may be granted for a Lay Representative to speak on behalf of a party.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)