TKMaxx civil recovery notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Button stop wasting your time, your pushing at a closed door, innocent until proven guilty has no meaning for some on this board. Next it'll be suggested the security guard must have been telling the truth cos they don't lie do they:rolleyes:

In saying that, Norwich Union sent me 2 cases of wine a couple of years ago for renewing my home insurance early!.........I should only have received one case, but didn't tell them!! :D Dishonest perhaps??.....

Why do I do it?

I am still taking an interest in this thread and as I would have you believe that I am unreasonably honest I must comment on that point.

In those circumstances I would definately keep both cases because they were incompetent and it was not up to you to decide if they had changed their mind about the number of cases.

The effort required by you to correct the matter was worth at least a case of wine so it sort of worked itself out fairly. I think you were very generous not telling them.

Pedross

Edited by pedross

RLP as a company did not begin trading until 1998. Zamara, I am really keen to see what the outcome is from the chat with your good authority is on that one.

Apparently it was late 90s, not 1993 as I previously said. HMV v Plummer, a carerr shoplifter who stole thousands, and two similar cases which are in no way comparable to the kind of thing we see on here.

I in no way support thieves evading their punishment, but these companies can't just take the law into their own hands and invent their own punishments.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

Apparently it was late 90s, not 1993 as I previously said. HMV v Plummer, a carerr shoplifter who stole thousands, and two similar cases which are in no way comparable to the kind of thing we see on here.

I in no way support thieves evading their punishment, but these companies can't just take the law into their own hands and invent their own punishments.

RLP began as the brain child of a Nottingham Professor (whom I won't name here) as an exercise to see if it could work in the civil courts. It was originally designed to make it possible for businesses to recover losses from 'convicted' shoplifters & thieves The idea was then sold to a private concern which has extended it's original concept to include not only those convicted but even those simply accused of dishonesty ........ appalling & an affront to all who believe in justice

• 1 month later...

You haven't got a Criminal Record as the police weren't involved.

However stores who use RLP can check with them if you have been caught by other stores (theft, ticketing switching etc) as this will show if your dishonest! So if you apply for a job with a company who use them after being caught you might as well not even apply if you have been put on their data base.

Also the will keep a copy of the Banning notice so they have proof that they have banned you from the store so if you go back into any of the companies stores then you are trespassing. You got £150 fees from RLP this is to cover staff costs and evidence collection as your taking them away from their job and causing them to do paperwork.

Edited by fairyprincess5

You haven't got a Criminal Record as the police weren't involved.

However stores who use RLP can check with them if you have been caught by other stores (theft, ticketing switching etc) as this will show if your dishonest! So if you apply for a job with a company who use them after being caught you might as well not even apply if you have been put on their data base.

Also the will keep a copy of the Banning notice so they have proof that they have banned you from the store so if you go back into any of the companies stores then you are trespassing. You got £150 fees from RLP this is to cover staff costs and evidence collection as your taking them away from their job and causing them to do paperwork.

Do you think £150 in fees is fair without referal to a court of law.

Are you aware this is completely illegal?

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

• 4 months later...

I am looking for some advice and help and will appreciate your comments.

A few weeks ago we went shopping with my bf and few friends to the TKMaxx store. I bought a few things and tried on quite a few as well.

The last thing I‘ve tried was pair of shoes (£49.99), I showed them to my bf but wasn’t sure if I want to buy them, so just left them by the chair (didn’t put back on the shelf). After that my bf said he would go for a cigarette and will meet me outside and I was calling my friend to see if she is still around to say that we want to go now.

So I called her and she said she is finishing shopping, so I said I’ll meet her outside as well. As I was walking out of the shop I was stopped by the security guard and taken to the security room.

My bf was sitting there and the shoes were in front of him on the desk. I was so shocked and frustrated at that moment. Security guards said that I am stopped as they think that I told him to still these shoes! My bf said that I had nothing to do with that that it was his stupid idea to still. I offered to buy the shoes by security guards refused. They asked me to sign a banning notice and they called the police.

We were taken to the police station (spend about 5 hours there) were interviewed etc. After all that the police let me go with no charges, fines or warnings (as I said I had no idea he is going to do something like that and I am still very upset with him).

My bf was issued a fine and a warning for his wrongful actions.

Anyway, a few days later I received a letter from Civil Recovery Ltd saying that I have to pay £137 or £120 if paid within 21 day.

I had enough embarrassment and stress on that day by being arrested for something I haven’t done! And now I have to deal with this letter as well!

Surely I do not feel that I have to pay, but do not know how to deal with them.

Could you please help me with your advices? Maybe there is a template letter or something to send them in such situations.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi there J

I am looking for some advice and help and will appreciate your comments.

A few weeks ago we went shopping with my bf and few friends to the TKMaxx store. I bought a few things and tried on quite a few as well.

The last thing I‘ve tried was pair of shoes (£49.99), I showed them to my bf but wasn’t sure if I want to buy them, so just left them by the chair (didn’t put back on the shelf). After that my bf said he would go for a cigarette and will meet me outside and I was calling my friend to see if she is still around to say that we want to go now.

So I called her and she said she is finishing shopping, so I said I’ll meet her outside as well. As I was walking out of the shop I was stopped by the security guard and taken to the security room.

My bf was sitting there and the shoes were in front of him on the desk. I was so shocked and frustrated at that moment. Security guards said that I am stopped as they think that I told him to still these shoes! My bf said that I had nothing to do with that that it was his stupid idea to still. I offered to buy the shoes by security guards refused. They asked me to sign a banning notice and they called the police.

We were taken to the police station (spend about 5 hours there) were interviewed etc. After all that the police let me go with no charges, fines or warnings (as I said I had no idea he is going to do something like that and I am still very upset with him).

My bf was issued a fine and a warning for his wrongful actions.

Anyway, a few days later I received a letter from Civil Recovery Ltd saying that I have to pay £137 or £120 if paid within 21 day.

I had enough embarrassment and stress on that day by being arrested for something I haven’t done! And now I have to deal with this letter as well!

Surely I do not feel that I have to pay, but do not know how to deal with them.

Could you please help me with your advices? Maybe there is a template letter or something to send them in such situations.

Many thanks in advance!