style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a letter to equita bailiffs refusing entry etc to my house and made an offer of repayment of £20 which i also enclosed the first payment.they cashed the payment and i recieved a leter from them today refusing my offer of repayment and telling me i have to ring with a reasonable offer.do i keep sending them the £20 a month or do i just put it aside for the council as stated in the leter

i tried doing that they said i had to sort it out with the bailiffs

I would reccomend contacting the Cheif Executive of your council with your concerns, if the council still refuse to take the debt back contact your local MP with this matter.

You can find your local MP here:

www.theyworkforyou.com

Hope you get things sorted.

The retailers worst nightmare !

if your council have an online payment system just start paying to that and write to the DCA telling them you are paying the council direct, the council cannot and will not turn your money away once it's in their bank account

Without knowing the amount of the debt due to the council I would point out that it is almost impossible to have an offer of £20 per month accepted by the bailiffs.

This is because council tax is a PRIORITY DEBT and most local authorities do insist that their relevant bailiff companies collect the debt within 3 months.

You MUST refuse to let the bailiff into your home and ensure that you do not have a car outside that the bailiff can levy upon. If the bailiff cannot levy on goods then he will eventually RETURN the debt back to the council. You MUST continue to make payments.

thankyou to everyone for your advice.i will continue to send the payment to the bailiffs then hopefully they will send the debt back to the council.or is it the council i make the payment to

thankyou to everyone for your advice.i will continue to send the payment to the bailiffs then hopefully they will send the debt back to the council.or is it the council i make the payment to

you make the payment to the COUNCIL! By the way, do not send them any more money than you can afford. You are the best judge of how much you can afford, not some council bureaucrat. The best way to pay is by standing order. If you pay by direct debit, they can arbitrarily change the amount taken, and you don't want them to do that!