Is he eligable?

emmathomas
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband has just been sacked (i have posted about it in the employment section) would he qualify for any type of job seekers or any other benefits as i earn £15000 a year? My income does not cover the bills at all so anything he could get would be a great help. He wants to get a job asap!

Thanks in advance

If is actively seeking employment, available for employment and is capable of working and he has paid enough national insurance contributions, he might be able to claim Contribution Based Jobseekers Allowance for a maximum of six months. However, if he has had his employment terminated due to misconduct then they can apply a sanction. This means they may not pay any benefit from anything up to 26 weeks. Each case is decided upon its own circumstances re the termination of employment.

Once the six months has ended, he would not be able to claim Income Based Jobseekers as your income would be above the threshold. However, if he continues to sign on, the government will pay his national insurance during this time, which means his contributions will be up to date should he find himself needing to claim any other benefit in the future which relies on national insurance contributions.

If you receive Tax Credits, you should advise them of the change of circumstances to prevent any possible overpayment, which will rear it's ugly head at some point. If you do not receive Tax Credit, it may well be worth applying - you don't mention any children?

Try inputting your details here: http://www.entitledto.com

This will give you an idea of what can be claimed. you may even be eligible for benefit or a discount of council tax.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Hi there I am in a similar position that my husband could not get JSA but my wage is lower than yours for us to live on so was stunned to say the least considering we have 2 children too.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/200220-jsa-turned-down-have.html

As ErikaPNP said I got onto taxcredits and they have now sorted us out. My husband still cannot claim JSA though due to having paid class 2 NI contributions having been self employed up to 2 years ago. His last 2yrs with a company class 1 contributions wasnt enough to qualify :!:

CAG NEEDS FUNDS PLEASE DONATE AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE WHERE POSSIBLE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

Hi there I am in a similar position that my husband could not get JSA but my wage is lower than yours for us to live on so was stunned to say the least considering we have 2 children too.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/200220-jsa-turned-down-have.html

As ErikaPNP said I got onto taxcredits and they have now sorted us out. My husband still cannot claim JSA though due to having paid class 2 NI contributions having been self employed up to 2 years ago. His last 2yrs with a company class 1 contributions wasnt enough to qualify :!:

[Emphasis added]

Just a note to point out that DWP does not pay for children any more. The exception would be a few people who were claiming for kids before the rules changed, but these days parents/carers need to claim Child Tax Credit. I know that you know this, but it's something I hear often enough in my job that I feel it should be explicitly pointed out.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.