'Supercover' have not repaired/replaced my phone and ignore all comms. from me.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a new iPhone last year.

I insured it with Supercover Insurance within a week of buying it.

It was replaced under warranty by o2 after only a few weeks as it was faulty.

I got an identical replacement for my iPhone.

I informed Supercover of the updated situation.

Since then, I fell over early this year and managed to drop my phone into a puddle!

The phone stopped working (iPhones don't like water!), so I claimed with Supercover as they cover both liquid and accidental damage.

They wrote back after having the phone a few days, saying that as the phone I now have was not the phone originally insured, that I am not eligible for cover.

This despite updating my details.

Have written to the Claims Manager (16th May) and emailed the claims department several times since, showing scanned confirmation of the transfer by o2 from one phone to another and the altered IMEI number, but they are ignoring me... I've had no reply to my letter nor the emails.

What should my next steps be? I am reluctant to phone them as I've no proof of the conversation content afterwards.

Many thanks.

Helen

how about popping into your local O2 store and get them to phone the insurers?

might work?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Deal with them by letter - providing the SAME information, showing hte handset had been updated, and that they were advised of it. Give them 28 days to rectify their error, and suggest that if they do not you may be forced to 'protect your interests' not only for the phone, but the line rental that is accruing unused do due to their delay in resolving the matter.

Now, some things to remember. You will NOT be supplied with a new replacement, but an 'as new' refurb, which will look and be otherwise 'as new'. You will also have an excess to pay - and you'll need to check your policy to see what this is.

Since the new model is coming out (the 3GS) the price of your model will have collapsed. O2 may offer you a cheaper deal to upgrade to the newer handset as an alternative, keeping you to the top of the tree, for a small additional outlay.

It could well be a better option - oh, and get insurance from a different supplier!

Hello

Thought I'd report back on Supercover!

After emailing every address I could find at Supercover to tell them I was reporting them to OFT, Consumer Direct & Otelo, if they didn't reply by noon that day, surprisingly enough, 20 mins later I received a call from their complaints officer!

I now have in my hot little hand, a shiny new 3G S iPhone, plus return of my £25 excess paid at the time of claim, plus £25 extra.

Hurrah!

Many thanks to Raymond and dx100uk for your advice...

221b

Glad it worked out - but be careful with this one, won't you? :)

I was quite careful with the last one, until I slipped on some wet leaves :|

Thanks for your help again, Raymond...

221b

hey now i can't claim this one...

..buzby deserves it, not me.

dx

well done

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You're being thanked for making the effort to try and help me.:D

I appreciate it!

Take the thanks; they're yours!

Best

221b

• 1 year later...

Hi Im trying to find out how to start a new thread but couldnt so Ive loined you guys in hope that you could help with a similar Super Cover insurane claim for an iphone.

In the report to the Police I said I was unsure whether it was lost or stolen because I just couldn't be sure.

I said it went missingt on the Thursday after realising it on the Friday, I went to the police station but it was packed then found out that I could report it lost on the phone which I did on the Saturday

Super Cover refused on three points I was a day late reporeting it to the police, I reported it as lost but I said I wasnt sure if it had been lost or stolen in the report.

They say they dont cover lost phones.

They also said I was late reportuing it to O2.

I still have over a year to go on my iphone contract gave these people money in good faith uprfront for insurance nearly a year ago and I feel like Ive been robbed...again

Can any one help or advise me?

Kind regards

Richard

Hi Im trying to find out how to start a new thread but couldnt so Ive loined you guys in hope that you could help with a similar Super Cover insurane claim for an iphone.

In the report to the Police I said I was unsure whether it was lost or stolen because I just couldn't be sure.

I said it went missingt on the Thursday after realising it on the Friday, I went to the police station but it was packed then found out that I could report it lost on the phone which I did on the Saturday

Super Cover refused on three points I was a day late reporeting it to the police, I reported it as lost but I said I wasnt sure if it had been lost or stolen in the report.

They say they dont cover lost phones.

They also said I was late reportuing it to O2.

I still have over a year to go on my iphone contract gave these people money in good faith uprfront for insurance nearly a year ago and I feel like Ive been robbed...again

Can any one help or advise me?

Kind regards

Richard

Hi Richard

What does it say in your T&Cs in your contract with Supercover?

It may be that some of tge points you mention are covered there; maybe some are ambiguous and open to interpretation.

Find the clauses that relate to the points you've made and post them [not the whole document!] here.

Helen

As Helen notes, what your covers requirements are will be in the 'Key Facts' leaflet or email provided when the cover was taken out. Many policies do not cover loss, only theft - so your statement that you could not declare if it was stolen would work against you, and may be fatal to any claim.

If you are not in the habit of losing your pisessions, then it would be a reasonable assumption that yoy had been deprived of it by illegal means, and the claim proceed on the basis of theft. Whether you can still do this is debatable, unfortunately.

The profile of a delayed reporting of loss, followed by a similar delay in getting the network to block is seen as suspicious, even though you may have been totally innocent. Your contract will still continue regardless, so O2 should have sent you a replacement SIM card, have you got this yet? Also, wiper there any unauthorised calls made before the block was placed on the old card?

As a side thought, Have you received a bill from o2 since this happened? Is there was any usage since it went missing? A situation we've seen many times on this forum is peoples phones go missing and they don't immediately notice, and then £1000's of calls get racked up and it turns out the phone was stolen not only for the handset, but also to use the SIM as much as they can!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar