style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, that is correct, I am claiming over £2000, overdraft is £2000 asked if any money was to be returned to take it off the overdraft amount. I recieved a cheque for £150, i know it is a small amount but in my present situation everything is most welcome. They stated in their letter that it did not constitute a full and final settlement.

I'd suggest that you go back and ask them for more as although it helps it's not enough to make a difference. They can only say no, at which point I'd suggest court proceedings.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I mentioned about this in the hardship forum and BankFodder has a different suggestion. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hardship-applications/226575-yorkshire-bank-looking-hardship.html

It's your call how you want to play it.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I would only add, can you ask them why they sent you a cheque rather than credit your account?

It seems slightly bizarre to do it that way.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Maybe it was because the OP needed money.;)

Maybe it was because the OP needed money.;)

Why didn't they credit his account then which would have been quicker?

I haven't argued that he doesn't need the money but the method of payment which does mean it will take MORE time for him to use the money since the cheque was not made payable to priority creditors(mortgage/rent, council tax, utilities).

Maybe I'll ask Yorkshire bank directly :)

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Maybe the OD is over the limit it wouldn't have helped. At least this way it can be paid into another account and used in the way the OP considers most important. like food on the table.

Whatever the reason, it's still making a mockery of the waiver.

Here's some links I promised you carp.:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Thank's gang, OD not good over the limit, so the money would have been swept up by them, so maybe they realised this and sent a cheque. (heart of gold, i think not). I will look on the link's and see what to do for the best. Yes i agree it does make a mockery of the waiver, and to send such a poultry sum when owed more than £2000, i havent been bothered to work out the percentage and i ask is it worth doing so. Shame on them.