style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am not a member long about a week so still trying to find my way about.

I started with yb about 17 years ago closed the account 2 months ago mainly because of the charges. I know now that I can claim some if not all of this back with your help, that is exactly what I shall do. Now I realize that my claim will be put on hold so to speak untill the test case is resolved so should I hold off untill then or push ahead now. At this moment in time I owe them £2055 included is my £1900 overdraft which comprises of a lot of charges (dont know exactly how much I will find out when I put in for my statements). I also have a visa card with them and trying to get a copy of it is something of a joke, I have not sent any letters off to them as yet. I phoned card services they told me it is with my local branch, duley went to them they gave me a pamphlet on current T/Cs and said that they dont hold any paperwork there, so phoned card services again, they said it would be sent out within 7/10 days, I think I am going to get my application form that I signed way back. Does anyone have a enforcable CCA from them from 10 years ago or over. watch this space 5 more credit cards to go ( cap1, I.F. Mint, Sky, all from early 70s)

1 barclaycard a lot more recent. So in total do I need your help? YOU BET YOUR BOTTOM DOLLER I DO.

I am right to send my sar to 51 west george st, glasgow, requesting all of my bank stats plus all other info, or is there a better place to send it to, also do I need to incorporate some legal wording to get my bank statements from over 6 years. Ready to send just this info needed. Who do I write the cheque out to Clydesdale or yorkshire bank the sar is concerning YB accounts. Need help please respond ready to go

Edited by carpinjoy
more info reqd

If that is the address of the YB head office send your request for your bank statements there claiming them under the DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998. I would just make the cheque out to Yorkshire bank and perhaps send it all registered post, hope this helps. Good luck. :).........

You could use the letter below if you haven't already sent your SAR.

I would advise that it goes to Clydesdales Registered Head Office which is

Clydesdale Bank PLC. Registered Office: 30 St Vincent Place, Glasgow, G1 2HL

A good SAR letter -

Your Name

Your Address

Your Postcode

The Data Controller

Company Name

Company Address

Company Postcode

Date

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request s7(1)

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER(S): XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please send me the information which I am entitled to under section 7(1) of the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to detailed occurrences relating to the above account number.

The following is by no means an exhaustive list but in the main this is what I require.

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to ALL accounting history with your organisation. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable.

Additionally, all records you hold on me relevant to these accounts, including but not limited to:

1. A transcript of all transactions, including charges, fees, interest, repayments and payments and both the original amount of the loan and any repayments made to the accounts.

2. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company

3. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account. If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response

4. True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notices that you may have sent to me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

5. Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date it was added and deleted.

6. Details of any collection charge added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

7. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of these accounts and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

8. A genuine copy of any deed of assignment, or proof that you have a legal right to this money.

9. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

10. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

11. A copy of all account statements for the duration of the agreement.

12. Please would you also advise me of the logic involved in any automated decisions taken by you about me pursuant to section 7(1) (d) of the Data Protection Act 1998.

13. A True copy of the original consumer credit agreement section 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act of 1974.

14. If it is contended you do not hold such data before such a date, please confirm this by providing the Certificate of Destruction.

15. Any Other information relating to these accounts

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10 by postal order. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them, and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable for the previous XX years.

Furthermore, such a request for specific information to confirm my identity will not deviate or inhibit the 40 days time limit allowed for compliance with my Subject Access Request.

Please note - If I do not receive all the data I have requested within the timescale specified above,

I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so, together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Finally, I would appreciate your Company's due diligence in this matter and look forward to receiving the documentation requested.

Yours Faithfully,

XXXXXXXX

Amend to suit, Do NOT sign, enclose £10.00 postal order and send by Recorded Delivery

Thanks for the help, I have sent SAR to YB, also sent out all my CCA requests to all the others. Quick question should I start to claim unlawfull charges to all the cc cards now or wait for the paperwork to come back and post each up to see if they are enforceable. Any comments welcome guys

Thanks for the help, I have sent SAR to YB, also sent out all my CCA requests to all the others. Quick question should I start to claim unlawfull charges to all the cc cards now or wait for the paperwork to come back and post each up to see if they are enforceable. Any comments welcome guys

It depends what your objectives are.

If the agreement is enforceable then claim your charges back. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update guys, I have just received the first of two parcels from YB containing bank statements, going back to 2005, I started with them 1989 post again when I get the second parcel.

I have now got all of the statements (well I say all, back to 2003) I am not to bothered about before that date as I was never in to the overdraft then so there would be no charges to speak off. I have tallied it all up and surprise surprise they owe me more than I owe them. By my calculations they owe me £3134 I have got my letter ready demanding it all back, I think I am right in the fact that I do not put in the 8% interest at this stage, can someone please confirm this, also to which address should it be sent to. Thank you all for your help so far. BIG OOPS I HAVE POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG THREAD. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE OTHER ONE. (ADDRESS FOR SAR) SORRY GUYS. Does anyone know how to switch it over

Edited by carpinjoy

I have just finished doing the spread sheet for the bank charges, now lets get this right, do I include the 8% interest now or do I leave it out and claim only the charges, I am a bit unsure as when doing the spreadsheet it adds it for you (site provided). I have been told by Y.B to "hand it in to my local branch", it could get lost quite easy that way dont you think.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a phone call this morning stating about charges on hold bla bla, thing is he also said that they were looking for hardship cases and if I was one, he would inform the relevant parties who deal with it, and they would be in touch shortly. Has anyone else had this call

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Any response on the hardship issue?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

They phoned about 2 weeks ago telling me that someone would be phoning and could we set a time and day for that. I got a phone call last monday, he asked a few questions then stated that it would be looked at, I asked how long this would take and got no definate time period, I stated that if any money was forthcoming to deduct it from the overdraft, he confirmed that if there was any money coming then it would be used in that way anyway. He also said that I would not recieve all or anywhere near the amount that I was claiming on my letters to them. I told him if I did not get it all back then I would continue to court. No contact from them since then. Of course I will keep you updated when things happen.

I think that you need to take control of the situation. Unless they provide a timescale that you think is acceptable, I think perhaps that you should send an LBA giving 14 days to sort things or take them to court.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 4 weeks later...

I have recieved a cheque this morning for a fraction of what i have claimed, of course they have stated in the letter that it does not mean that it is a full and final settlement, and if the test case goes in my favour that the difference will be compensated to me. So i guess i will cash their cheque, i thought that they would just use the rebate to reduce my overdraft that i have with them, oops looks like they slipped up there. I did not send the LBA because of ill health, if you have been following my other threads you will know why. So just another 2 grand to claim for, so court route for me now. I will look on other threads and see how to proceed, court a bit daunting, but i suspect i have to go there to follow this through.

Wow this is good news. So let me get this right - they asked you if you were in hardship, looked at your case, and sent you a cheque even though you had asked for your OD to be reduced?

Incredible!!

You are quite right though, carry on to court for the rest deducting the cheque from the total.