Lamps Not In Good Working Or.....fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There,

Just Got A Letter In The Post For A Fine Of 45.00 Pound.

Letter States On Hmcs Essex Paper - 15.04.09 - Use A Motor Vehicle - Lamps Not In Good Working Or.........what Lamps? Front? Back?

This Incident Was On A Motorway At 10.25am

What The Heck Do They Mean? Is This Right That They Can Send This Letter With No Photographic Evidence? And Just Ask For Payment Within 2 Weeks.

You might consider treating this like a type of PCN and beginning an appeal.

I have to say that I do think tht you are entitled to better information about the offence.

You can check which lights are defective by going outside now and checking your car - something we should all do from time to time. At 10.25 in the morning it is likely to be a stop light; alternatively the condition of existing lights may be faulty i.e cracked etc.

In my experience it is unlikely you would be fined for a bulb that has blown, since this could happen at any time during a journey, even if you checked them at the start of a juourney.

You need to show the paperwork here for a more informed advice.

Hi There,

Just Got A Letter In The Post For A Fine Of 45.00 Pound.

Letter States On Hmcs Essex Paper - 15.04.09 - Use A Motor Vehicle - Lamps Not In Good Working Or.........what Lamps? Front? Back?

This Incident Was On A Motorway At 10.25am

What The Heck Do They Mean? Is This Right That They Can Send This Letter With No Photographic Evidence? And Just Ask For Payment Within 2 Weeks.

Scan, wash and post the letter please

The defence to a light out on a motor vehicle is;

' A defect which manifested itself on the journey.'

Before you take a motor vehicle on the road, you should do oil, water, fuel, tyres and a check on your obligitory lights.

I was under the impression that you get a 'defect rectification notice' or 'VDRS' which basically means for a minor defect like this you take it to be repaired, get proof that it has been repaired, and no action is taken. It used to cost £5 for the garage to sign it off as repaired. Thats what happened if you were stopped by the police, so either things have changed or someone is being over zealous. I would write back asking why this option had not been offered.