me & the OH's debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

There was a thread on here in the past listing about 6 or 7 DCAs that had CCJ's against them at that time and banks have had umpteen CCJs. A poster on here sent the Bailiffs into Cabot. They didn't lose their licences then but perhaps the OFt have found some teeth at last. We live in hope.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

just got a letter in from these idiots introducing "Debt Help Team" who want to help me make every effort to clear the account and want to discuss the matter in "a courteous and considerate manner" ROFLMAO

that'll be a first then!!

they've gone from "we're gonna haul your sorry ass through the court" to "we're gonna be Mr Nice Guy"

if no-one has managed to come up with a CCA in over 2 years,going on for 3,then it's a fair bet that this "customer" won't be talking to Debt Help Team after all!!:rolleyes:

From my dealings with them, I CCA-d EquiDebt in March 09, they investigate (EquiDebt), Advantis start threatening then EquiDebt close their file & return to OC, then Advantis just carry on where EquiDebt left off.

Whether the two are linked in some way etc....nothing would surprise me with these two. I will bump up my EquiDebt threat for you.

DC

How long is a piece of string?

It would help if you could say exactly how you think they've messed up LTWFB.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

ime just shooting from the hip on this but i would say yes

you signed a contract

a contract is both parties

both parties would need to agree to change that contract

by terminating the contract and selling it on is recession of contract

Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561)

thats my opinion but i need to confirm it

Alternatively, improperly issuing a default notice (not enough time given to rectify, specific format not followed, wrong amount cited), and subsequently terminating after that would also constitute unlawful recission.

The default notice is an important document, and any mistakes on the client's part can and often does complicate matters for them.

And you got a termination notice, but no default notice? That being the case, it would be a particularly foolish outfit that would instigate court action.

A termination notice issued without a default notice to precede it is a clear cut case of unlawful recission.