Washing machine 2weeks out of warranty

teeach
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just called them, they want the £30 call out and then the labour plus parts etc.

should i go for the basic letter below?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended)

On 28/04/2008, I bought a Haier washing machine from you for £249.99 which is not of satisfactory quality.

The problems are:

• The washing machine starts then displays error 7
  • I am unable to use the washing machine as the unit is not fit for purpose
  • The machine has already had a repair with this fault in november which has occured again

After taking advice from Consumer Direct I wish to claim a replacement or repair at no cost to myself.

S. 14 of the Act (above) requires that goods be of satisfactory quality and, given the make and price, I do not believe that the washing machine meets that description for the above reasons.

The appliance has been used and maintained in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations, and there is no action or inaction on my part that could cause this problem.

For the avoidance of doubt, I do not have an extended warranty, nor do I require one, as this is a claim for breach of statutory rights. Further, the manufacturer is not responsible as my contract is with yourselves. I therefore request that you respond to my complaint within 14 days from receipt of this letter. Should I not hear from you by that time, I shall refer the matter to trading standards and, if necessary, commence legal action, but trust that this will not be necessary.

Yours faithfully

Machine was reapired in november and now has same error code. Will the repair be in warranty? Edited by teeach

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...