Foot Anstey Solicitors Plymouth?? A little concerned now-reassurance please!

jodybuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm afraid I'm in need of a little more advice. We have a loan running from a previously owned business which is paid out of our current business account. The only reason we still have this account is to pay this loan as all of our banking is done elsewhere. Over three weeks ago we had a letter informing us that as we had had the cheek to reclaim what was ours Lloyds TSB would be closing our account.I immediatley spoke to my account mismanager who said that the loan has to paid from a lloyds account so I wouldn't be able to set up a s/o from my main account held with another bank. She said she was going to open another account in My husbands name to pay this loan from. That was over three weeks ago & despite all the forms being signed & sent back we still havn't been given an account number so we can set up s/o to make sure there are funds in the account to make the payments. The account is closing on Friday & the mismanager is now away on holiday until Monday & apparently no one alse can help me with this as she is dealing with it. I'm afraid the loan will fall into arrears as we physically don't have an account from which to make the payments. In addition to the £290.00 per month payment for the last two months we have paid an additional £466.00 in an attempt to get it paid off quicker. Although we are technically over £900 in advance according to Lloyds tsb if the official scheduled payment is missed we will be in arrears & lloyds tsb will be able to recall the balance immediately.

Am I sounding paranoid but would it not be in Lloyds TSB's interests for us to fall into arrears given that we have submitted a sar & they should have a good Idea we are about to claim from these accounts. There is approx £8k left to pay and we will be claiming in the region of £4k.

Can they do this & what can I do about it?

I HAVE ALL THE MONEY I'LL EVER NEED - IF I DIE BY 4 O'CLOCK THIS AFTERNOON!!:-|

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm afraid I'm in need of a little more advice. We have a loan running from a previously owned business which is paid out of our current business account. The only reason we still have this account is to pay this loan as all of our banking is done elsewhere. Over three weeks ago we had a letter informing us that as we had had the cheek to reclaim what was ours Lloyds TSB would be closing our account.I immediatley spoke to my account mismanager who said that the loan has to paid from a lloyds account so I wouldn't be able to set up a s/o from my main account held with another bank. She said she was going to open another account in My husbands name to pay this loan from. That was over three weeks ago & despite all the forms being signed & sent back we still havn't been given an account number so we can set up s/o to make sure there are funds in the account to make the payments. The account is closing on Friday & the mismanager is now away on holiday until Monday & apparently no one alse can help me with this as she is dealing with it. I'm afraid the loan will fall into arrears as we physically don't have an account from which to make the payments. In addition to the £290.00 per month payment for the last two months we have paid an additional £466.00 in an attempt to get it paid off quicker. Although we are technically over £900 in advance according to Lloyds tsb if the official scheduled payment is missed we will be in arrears & lloyds tsb will be able to recall the balance immediately.

Am I sounding paranoid but would it not be in Lloyds TSB's interests for us to fall into arrears given that we have submitted a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) & they should have a good Idea we are about to claim from these accounts. There is approx £8k left to pay and we will be claiming in the region of £4k.

Can they do this & what can I do about it?

Jody as far as them closing your account because you have reclaimed your charges immediatly put a complaint into the financial ombudsman as people have recieved compensation when this has happened .I would not of opened another account with them I would of put it in writing that they are choosing to close your account that you pay your loan from so they are making it difficult for you to repay your loan in the agreed terms .I would not under any circumstances let them put you in a position where you miss a payment so I would set up a S/O with your present bank to pay this loan, if they then refuse the payments they are going to look very stupid in court along with all the other evidence you have.I would also mention the fact they are making it difficult for you to keep to the terms of your loan ie payments can only be made from their bank to the FOS .Send a copy of the letter Lloyds sent you that states why they are closing your account to the FOS also.

Also do not talk to them on the phone over this ( unless you record your calls ) make sure everything is in writing incase you ever need proof of whats been said .

• Haha 1

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Thanks for the advice, I have made an official complaint regarding the closure of my account. I have also made a counter payment for this months payment ( due to be paid on the 15th) but I have been catagorically told that despite incidental payments i've made it is the official scheduled payment that counts. They really have me over a barrell although I would like to see them fight thier case in court. I think it's all a bit childish. I have one account that has only 6 transactions a month, 3 in & 3 out. They are closing this account & making me open a new account which will have only 6 transactions a month, 3 in & 3 out!! . I am not opening another account with them out of choice, they say I must have a lloyds TSB account from which to make my payments - When I pointed out I already had one & they were closing that & opening an identical account they just said that's the way it has to be. My main concern is falling into arrears & the effect a missed payment will have on credit rating/score.

It is all so frustrating- if they don't get you one way they will another.

When I pointed out I already had one & they were closing that & opening an identical account they just said that's the way it has to be.

This really will not look very good for them when the ombudsmna investigates - how stupid do they think people are?

I find the whole thing utterly incredible. What a complete waste of money. Surley they have shareholders & people who they are answerable to about how their money is spent. By making people go to court instead of settling straight away they are accruing all those court costs which will probably run into 10's of thousands of pounds if not more. Is having someone close down one account & open up another to do exactly the same as the closing one a good use of manpower & resources? If I was a shareholder I would be making a lot of noise about how my money is being spent.

when i closed my buisness ac, horrible buisness manger woman said same to me that i had to have a tsb ac to pay the loan,i got to the stage the cow would not speake to me in the end, so i tranfered the loan to hbos with all my personal and buisness and credit cards, cant fault there service tsb are a compleate was off time chek my claim out

So basically I don't have to an Lloyds tsb account to pay this loan, I can do it from any bank? I know what you mean about not getting to talk to anyone Bob- I got so frustrated today at the lack of returned calls at just before 5 tonight I left a meassage for someone in my business team telling them I have just won £7.5 million on the lottery & would appreciate the call. I wonder how many minutes past 9 it will be before I get a call tomorrow morning !!! Also, I have just noticed a further £150.00 worth of charges on the account which I have just filed through mcol- do I have to start again , at which point can I no longer ammend my claim & how do I do that- Anyone?

i cut all ties with ltsb, tranfered the remaing loan to new bank as they would close account with the loan for some stupid reason they cant let you pay buy any other bank, dont forget they will have 7 quid account charge everymonth as well keepinmg a ac with them , best to cut ties and move on ,

Maybe I should look to see If I can transfer the loan. They make me so bloody angry!!! How can they say I must have an account with them & then charge me £7 a month for the priveledge. The charges I have found on our joint account have sent me overdrwan again this week. A £60.00 charge for going £3.00 overdrawn. I was also under the impression that Lloyds TSB had a buffer type system where you can go overdrawn by up £9.99 without being charged. That was certainly the case when I opened my account but apparently they have scrapped this & arn't obliged to tell us!! They really are a law unto themselves. Oh god! I'm turning into Victor ( or Victoria) Meldrew!!!

I have already got accounts elsewhere & have just opened one with Barclays without any trouble & got offered a hefty overdraft which we declined so I'm happy my credit score is ok at the moment but I am worried about it if through no fault of my own I can't make the scheduled payment ( through not having an account rather than not having funds!!) & I fall into arrears. They really do have me everywhich way- Here I am trying to give them money for my payment but they won't acknowledge it as a scheduled payment because it's not set up on the loan account/ agreement. I can't win- I might aswell take the cash & get some retail therapy done!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr!! I can see now why people just flip & do crazy things like superglueing themselves to atms or filling bank foyers with horse manure!! IT SOOOOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm beginning to think I may be a little crazy myself now!

Just a quick update, still no account number - old account closing tomorrow & still no phone call- I do however have another £150.00 worth of charges & a letter from the court telling me lloyds intend to defend my current claim in full. Lucky lucky me!!

Is it too late for mr to add the £150.00 to my current claim now it's gone this far?

Hi

You could amend your claim now, but it will cost £35 (non-reclaimable) and it may delay your claim. Personally I would wait until this one is settled, then start a new one, but it is up to you.

Barty:)

• Haha 1

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Thanks Barty,

As reliable & helpful as ever!! Sometimes I wonder if I should have ever started this as I'm constantly infuriated & stressed out but then I get a few words of advice & kindness ( mainly from yourself!) & I remember why I did start it.

Thank you xx;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

just checked my bank account & last Friday I received a b c refund of £3227.85. So far no letter making an offer. As it's there in my acccount I guess i've won !!yippee!!!!:D :D :D

Blimey Barty, Do you ever sleep!!??!!

Have read the link, I will of course donate again & as soon as I've got the offer in writing I will advise the court. I know I have the monay in my account but until I get the written confirmation I won't believe it's actually mine.

Just one more claim to go now but that is with A & L.

I can't believe how easy this was, two letters & a mcol claim. I had an acknowledgement of my claim & no other correspondance, just the payment. Why do the banks make it so easy for some people ( evidently i'm one of the chosen ones ) & for other people like Pen from another thread they really drag through the wringer & make them suffer, just doesn't make any sense.

Thanks for everything Barty- you have been consistent even if Lloyds haven't!!

cheers xxx