Foot Anstey Solicitors Plymouth?? A little concerned now-reassurance please!

jodybuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

This is my first time on this forum so please be gentle with me.

I am going to attempt to give Lloyds TSB a run for my money but I have a couple of questions first.

Firstly, I am fortunate enough to have my bank statements back as far as July 2002 , I have been through & highlighted & totalled all the charges. With regard to the interset charged, Do I total the authorised interest charges or the unauthorised interest charges, or do I add them all up together & claim for the lot.

Secondly, What happens if my total comes to over the £5000 small claims limit, Can I break it down into two smaller claims because it's two bank accounts?

I would appreciate some help with this as Iam keen to start kicking some Lloyds TSB butt!!!

Thanks

Rachel

I HAVE ALL THE MONEY I'LL EVER NEED - IF I DIE BY 4 O'CLOCK THIS AFTERNOON!!:-|

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi im in the same situation to you i would like to get me charges refunded to me but i dont know how to go about it i have opened up a new bank account in case they close my account

so please advise me on how to go about it and the best wording in a letter

Go to the relevant Bank thread, click on start thread, you have to be registered to do so I think.

Happy kicking & best of luck!!

hi im in the same situation to you i would like to get me charges refunded to me but i dont know how to go about it i have opened up a new bank account in case they close my account

so please advise me on how to go about it and the best wording in a letter

There are templates of letters on this site on other threads. Best sticking to one of these as I think they are clearly tried & tested.

there is also a step by step guide with faqs & laods of hints & help.

Good luck

Rach

Hi Rachel

Welcome to the forum!! It looks as though you have done the sensible thing & read up on the site before jumping in with both feet!!

Although you have your statements it is advisable to send the DPA Subject Access Request letter to check whether or not there have been any manual interventions on your account. When did you open your account as you can claim back 6 years?

Most people leave the interest out of the claim at this stage as it is very difficult to work out the interest relating solely to the interest on the charges. It is the returned direct debit/standing order fees & overdraft fees etc that you should be adding up.

If & when you get to the stage of putting in a claim through the Small Claims Court you can then add on the 8% statutory interest. There is a spreadsheet available in the library to help you work that out when you need it.

When you have a total of charges, if the amount is over £5000 then someone on the site will be able to offer advice on what your options are.

Good Luck!!

FIRST DIRECT: £4751.86 SETTLED IN FULL 5/07/06 :-)

TESCO VISA CARD: £90 SETTLED IN FULL 12/08/06 :)

LLOYDS TSB: £4403.59 SETTLED IN FULL 17/08/06 :)

EGG: £451.52 SETTLED IN FULL 18/01/07 :)

Opinions and advice of kazzaw are independent, offered informally, without prejudice, without liability, and not endorsed by the Bank Action Group. If in any doubt, seek the advice of a qualified, insured professional.

Thanks for that,

The only reason I was asking about the interst is because in the4 standard first letter I found on this forum it says

'I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX '

I know what to put in for the first figure but I don't know what to put in for the second figure.

Any ideas?

I just amended the letter to:

"I calculate that you have taken a total of £XXXXX"

Hope that helps.

Opinions and advice of kazzaw are independent, offered informally, without prejudice, without liability, and not endorsed by the Bank Action Group. If in any doubt, seek the advice of a qualified, insured professional.

Doh!!! I guess I should have worked that out for myself!!!

Sorry to ask stupid questions!!!

Rachel

No probs!!

The only stupid questions are the ones that you don't ask & then wish you had!!

Read as much as you can about other people's experiences in their threads. Everyone on here is still learning, even the moderators.

Keep posting your progress on your thread.

:)

Another Question!!

How long did it take from posting your first letter to recieving a settlement from first direct?

Have a look at my thread: kazzaw v First Direct.

Think I sent the DPA letter on 8th May & got my money on 5th July.

Only wish LTSB were as easy to crack!!

Off out now but will be keeping an eye on your progress.

K :)

hi where abouts are the tread letters

Try this link: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

All the information you need is on the CAG homepage. I also suggest that you read the FAQ which are in RED

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I have just this minute filed may cliam against lloyds with mcol.

I was wondering what I can expect to happen next.

How likely is it that lloyds will close my account?

I have sent the court the printout of my charges & interest, Is there anything else I should be looking out for now & do I have to write to Lloyds & tell them I have filed.

Am feeling v nervous, hope you can help

Thanks

Jody

Hi,

I have just this minute filed may cliam against lloyds with mcol.

I was wondering what I can expect to happen next.

How likely is it that lloyds will close my account?

I have sent the court the printout of my charges & interest, Is there anything else I should be looking out for now & do I have to write to Lloyds & tell them I have filed.

Am feeling v nervous, hope you can help

Thanks

Jody

Ok dont panic, please have another read through the step by step instructions again ;)

Its very unlikely they will close your account, there is no need to inform Lloyds the court will do that for you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/71369-getting-mcol-right.html#post614610

Now I've got my knckers in a twist!!

Just read some of the success stories & one guy settled the day before a court hearing.

Will I have to go to court?

I know what I am doing is the right thing, I have been meticulously following the instuctions & the money is mine but I really don't want to have to actually go to court.

How long do these things usually take from claim to settle ( or court apperance)

Thanks

Jody

Lloyds will drag it out as long as they can and settlements the day before the hearing a fairly common. Just remember that they have never yet defended a case in court so it is extremely unlikely that they will start now. However do remember that you have launched a court claim against a major financial institution so read as much as you can on here and get yourself fully up to speed with everything involved.

As to how long it will take, I expect that the biggest factor in this is how busy your local court currently is - and I think we all know the answer to that!

Really sorry to come onto your thread, I did the MCOL and Lloyds TSB have defended the claim so the claim was sent to my local county court and I filled in an allocation questionairre. Tomorrow the 14 days is up and I am frantically trying to find the OFT report on Bank charges. I printed off the court bundle but am unable to get the OFT summary that needs to be included. I have everything else ready to go except for this. Jody if you go to court don't leave everything till the last day and very good luck with your claim jill

Why are you doing the Court bundle for the AQ?

You don't need that at this stage.

Read this thread, it should help.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/78216-important-info-regarding-stays.html

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

It has suddenly dawned on me that whilst I have been meticulously planning my claim & followed the instuctions to the letter I have been using the templates etc for personal accounts & the charges I'm claiming are for my business account.

I have got as far as submitting my claim with mcol & lloyds tsb have until 2nd May to respond.

Will this put a spanner in the works?

Would appreciate the advice.

Thanks

Jody:confused:

Is the business a/c in your name or a limited Co?

If its in your own name I cant see a difference but Im not sure about a limited co

Good luck

J

You may think that but . . ......

Total repaid to date £1947.58

Lloyds Currrent a/c £745.27

Moneyclaim filed 17th June

Defence and AQ 25th July. Case struck out 11 Aug

reinstated and hearing 15th Jan 2007

Lloyds loan a/c D A request expired 19th June

Proceedings under S7 Data Protection Act issued 29th June defence and counterclaim 27 July

Hearing Jan 3 2007

Listed final hearing April 2007-

Judge declared an interest and disqualified himself

new date to be set

Out of the banks which I have been dealing with Lloyds have been the most difficult and dragged it all out until the very very last minute, and Natwest have been the best. Alliance and Leicester repaid me quickly but then closed my account! But that is another story;)

Hope that helps you!

Red