• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Summer Meet up - Fri 21st Aug: Birmingham: 8pm starting at The Pitcher & Piano (Brindley Place)

tosh1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Which weekend?  

23 Caggers have voted

1. 1. Which weekend?

• 7th/8th August
    • 14th/15th August
    • 21st/22nd August
    • 28th/29th August
    • Comedy Stoke Option

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we have arrived and are in party mode already. Lynda just farted and we are on the second bottle of wine... we are in Jurys Inn so fi anyone else is here we are in Room 507... with even more wine in store. Bob Kingdom is invted, along with Hayley Felton. Lynda and Susan laugh manically.....:mad:

:( wish I could have made it :(

Hope you all have a great time - can't wait to hear all about it :D

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

:( wish I could have made it :(

Hope you all have a great time - can't wait to hear all about it :D

Me Too.:(... Just got in from work...Have a great time guys see you at the xmas meet.. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

A good time was had by all last night - standing outside by the canal = Babybear is not impressed by her headache or MTM.

Pub highly recommended and Jurys Inn breakfast excellent.

Going back to bed for a bit before I have to go home for another party:D

We had a great time... far too many beers! Mr. Crapstone is nursing a hangover that even a full English didn't cure - bless him ;).

I managed to stay somewhat sober but I did finish the wine off at 9am this morning:p.

Gossip? What gossip?:D

It was a lovely meeting which started for some of us about 3 o'clock and just went on from there ...... :)

Thanks to everyone for making my first meet such a success. It was great to put faces to names. Must admit the old head is a bit fuzzy today though ... :rolleyes:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

I can't wait 'til the next meet! It was lovely to put a few faces to names...especially Tilly, Caro, PD..well everyone really.

Can't figure out how Tilly managed to lose part of her handbag:roll:, why Overdone ended up with half a kebab:D or solve the mystery of the 6' banana walking around Jurys:eek:.

And I'm sure MTM fancied my OH seeing as he was so keen to share his gimp mask;).

Had a brill day/night, great to see new faces, Tosh1 consumerdude (the cag crusader) :D crapstone and other half BB and Johnnymitch.

Right whoever has got the other half of my handbag please step forward take a jump to the left a step to your right put your hands on your hips :rolleyes:

The Time Warp dance

Termi tried to phone home but couldn't work out why her landline handset wasn't working and asked if she needed a 60 mile extension lead :eek::rolleyes::-D

Was a great time :D Special thanks to CS and her hubby for meeting me at the station and being great with me helping me over an agrophobia attack. Also special thanks to SG for putting up with me and sharing a room even though I smoke like a chimney. Great meeting you all :D

I can vaguely recall falling over and smacking my head but the number of bruises are excessive even for me :confused:

Looks like I went a round with Mike Tyson PMSL...

Does anyone know how many times I fell over and how many drinks I spilled?

Ooh, awsome breakfast at Jurys :D

I can vaguely recall falling over and smacking my head but the number of bruises are excessive even for me :confused:

Does anyone know how many times I fell over and how many drinks I spilled?

smack downs 1 :( - spillages 0 :D

You did a back flip over the chair :eek: and took the railing with you :eek:

seriously though BB, how is your Head ?

smack downs 1 :( - spillages 0 :D

You did a back flip over the chair :eek: and took the railing with you :eek:

seriously though BB, how is your Head ?

smack downs 1 :( - spillages 0 :D - broken glasses 1 :rolleyes:

It could have been worse. BB..you could have ended up in the canal with only 15" Johnny to save you! :shock:

I'm glad you all had a good time and managed to get home safely :D.

Careful, BB, last time that happened to a CAGger, she turned out to have a hairline fracture and concussion!... She had driven home the next day thinking she just had a bad hangover!!! :shock:

Gossip - what gossip? You should know by now that what happens at a CAG meet stays at a CAG meet!! If you want to know what happens you have to be there. I don't want over 200,000 people knowing what I get up to when I'm on a night out.:eek:

Actually even I don't know all of what happened cos I got a bruise coming up that I have no idea how I got and I'm not telling where it is!!:p

It was great to see so many new faces at the meet, Tosh, Consumerdude, Crapstone and Mr C, Babybear, not forgetting of course Johnny (Mitch that is - I've met the puppet) and I'm sure we'll meet again. There was some real CAG spirit (not all of the liquid variety) with peeps helping each other out with lifts, sharing etc.

I had thought the only superhero was likely to be consumerdude, but I was a bit worried when I saw the 6' bananaman before I'd even had a drink!!:p

Too late for breakfast in Wetherspoons at 12.04 but panini and coffee hit the spot not having eaten for nearly 24 hours, apart from the share of leftover kebab shared with overdone and others which was kindly donated by some nice young men by the lift. :D (Janet where were you?!) pmsl

Don't forget I'm looking forward to getting my socks next time sillygirl, lol.

Special thanks go to Tosh for suggesting the meet - and I won't forget to keep you posted if anything crops up.;)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Gossip - what gossip? You should know by now that what happens at a CAG meet stays at a CAG meet!! If you want to know what happens you have to be there. I don't want over 200,000 people knowing what I get up to when I'm on a night out.:eek:

Totally agree ;)

Actually even I don't know all of what happened cos I got a bruise coming up that I have no idea how I got and I'm not telling where it is!!:p

You mean the one on your !!!!!! :eek::p

It was great to see so many new faces at the meet, Tosh, Consumerdude, Crapstone and Mr C, Babybear, not forgetting of course Johnny (Mitch that is - I've met the puppet) and I'm sure we'll meet again. There was some real CAG spirit (not all of the liquid variety) with peeps helping each other out with lifts, sharing etc.

I had thought the only superhero was likely to be consumerdude, but I was a bit worried when I saw the 6' bananaman before I'd even had a drink!!:p

Sooooo he was real i thought i was just pished and seeing things :rolleyes::D

Special thanks go to Tosh for suggesting the meet - and I won't forget to keep you posted if anything crops up.;)

Have to say it was a really good meet with more nutters :eek::D

Hey All, glad you all had a good time!!!! I was thinking on you all last night & was hoping that you all were having a fabaroony time!!

Tilly hope you found your other half of your handbag..... Brave girl mind, I've given up taking them out as I always loose it:eek:

BB I hope your OK for all your bruises.... But at least I know now it must be something in the water in Birmingham!!! Last time I was in Birmingham I was dancing & fell off & table & then later on fell out of a chair:eek:. I now know it had nothing to do with my friend Gordon:p

Shame you couldn't have joined us LTP. I'm sure you'd have been very welcome. Maybe next time.;)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks Caro.Maybe next time! I didn't want to crash on your party! You have all been about alot longer then me & I didn't want to butt in!! Anyways on-call for work this week-end but I guess I could of swapped it!

Glad to hear you all had a good time:)!!! Oh & thanks about the what made you smile post.... Mum & baby are doing great.:D