Summer Meet up - Fri 21st Aug: Birmingham: 8pm starting at The Pitcher & Piano (Brindley Place)

tosh1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Which weekend?  

23 Caggers have voted

1. 1. Which weekend?

• 7th/8th August
    • 14th/15th August
    • 21st/22nd August
    • 28th/29th August
    • Comedy Stoke Option

Not my party LTP. Everyone's welcome at a CAG meet. That's the point of it - to meet like-minded peeps and have a bit of harmless fun.;)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well apart from the falling down water!!;)

Chin up BB. Next time you'll have to wear padding.:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Harmless, harmless.... :razz:

Indeed. I am still recovering from 5 hours driving home today and 5 hours driving yesterday and I thought Birmingham was only 2 and 1/2 hours away. I can't blame the satnav on both occasions. Must be a quicker way from the northern part of Essex but I just cannot fathom it.

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

Again thanks Caro!! OK ladies your on.... Next meet I'll be there as long as it's not a trillions miles away!

Awwwww BB hope you feel better soon darlin!!!! Maybe if we're at the same meet we can compare bruises the next morning!! I normally ends up with lots as well!!!!

Still nothing to do with my mate Gordons:p IT just happens that when Gordon & I meet I feel like I've gone ten rounds;)Strange eh????:D

Indeed. I am still recovering from 5 hours driving home today and 5 hours driving yesterday and I thought Birmingham was only 2 and 1/2 hours away. I can't blame the satnav on both occasions. Must be a quicker way from the northern part of Essex but I just cannot fathom it.

That's strange..it only takes us about 3 and 1/2 hours to get to Dover and that's further away than you are! Are you sure you didn't stop off for another kebab?:D

If there's another meet in Brum, our offer is always open for a lift from the train station to the hotels if anyone needs it.;)

Indeed. I am still recovering

:rolleyes::p

from 5 hours driving home today and 5 hours driving yesterday and I thought Birmingham was only 2 and 1/2 hours away. I can't blame the satnav on both occasions. Must be a quicker way from the northern part of Essex but I just cannot fathom it.

:eek: :eek:

Glad you got home ok overdone :)

That's strange..it only takes us about 3 and 1/2 hours to get to Dover and that's further away than you are! Are you sure you didn't stop off for another kebab?:D

If there's another meet in Brum, our offer is always open for a lift from the train station to the hotels if anyone needs it.;)

I'll bear that in mind next time. Thanks.:)

A great meet :D although drinking within 3 feet of the edge of the canal with no guard rail was a little worrying at times even with the fairy lights along the foot bridge making it quite a magical setting :).

Great to meet all of the new faces, all of whom were brilliant not least the long awaited meeting of my fellow HSBC adversary Johnny Mitch :D.

August next year? :D

pete

A great meet :D although drinking within 3 feet of the edge of the canal with no guard rail was a little worrying at times even with the fairy lights along the foot bridge making it quite a magical setting :).

It did give it a surreal appearance , really fairytale setting -

I liked it ! Have to agree with you and PD about the 'brinkmanship ' at the canalsude though ..... however, we didn't lose anyone this time ..LOL ! BBwas definitely closest....:rolleyes:

:)

Great to meet all of the new faces, all of whom were brilliant not least the long awaited meeting of my fellow HSBC adversary Johnny Mitch :D.

Aw , thanks pete , the feeling is mutual, great to meet you - and we managed to down a few .... :D

August next year? :D

pete

I'm up for it .... thoroughly enjoyed it , but hope there'll be a couple before that ..... :roll:

Johnny

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

I'm up for it .... thoroughly enjoyed it , but hope there'll be a couple before that ..... :roll:

Johnny

There may be a possibility. All it takes is for people to suggest where and when and start a thread like Tosh did.

I see you lurking charleyfarley. It's about time you showed your face - if you dare.:D

Johnny

Sounds like you caught the cag meet bug Johnny :rolleyes::D

There may be a possibility.

Nah you mean there will be :p watch this space :D

My lefgt shin is suffering a bit, small graze but no bruising - I slept with it propped up on two pillows at the end of the bed coz it was a bit swollen... swelling gone down today though.

I went to another do last night, only stayed for one drink as still feeling a bit woozy...

Now catchying up with emails and washing after two weekends on the trot away.

Until the next time:)

OMG!!! I have bruises on my bruises!!! And the mother of all headaches!!!

Been for a check at casualty and I have mild concussion. Glad you mentioned it Bookie 'cos otherwise I wouldn't have bothered going. Lucky my neighbour didn't mind driving me 'cos I'm seeing double. Sunday morning is the quietest I've ever seen our A&E.

Oh no BB!! Good thing you got it checked, as you say. Hope you feel better soon. You too SG.

I can't think what you girls must have got up to if you're still suffering today. ;)

How did we miss out on all this?

we have arrived and are in party mode already. Lynda just farted and we are on the second bottle of wine... we are in Jurys Inn so fi anyone else is here we are in Room 507... with even more wine in store. Bob Kingdom is invted, along with Hayley Felton. Lynda and Susan laugh manically.....:mad:

The clues are there OD. I think it may be to do with an early start :lol: Not sure when the injuries occurred.

I fell over on the way back to the hotel, went down on one knee. Think I will sleep with my leg on a couple of pillows again tonight 'just in case'.

Going to do some housework once Waynes World 2 has finished and get some lunch on.

I fell over a barrier/railings type thingy...And I think I fell over a chair as well :confused:

BB's step by step replay :rolleyes:

Tills gets up out of chair !! BB sit's in chair leans back and whoooooooosh gawn a cropper chair railing and BB go down like a domino rally :eek:

Glad you got checked out BB :)

Ah, I knew there was a railing and chair involved lol...Must not have been quite as pished as I looked. At least I waited for you to get out of the chair Tilly :p

Nah, I'm cursed with total recall when I've had a drink :| I spend the next few days reliving every horror lol...