Statement from Link

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Received a statement today from Stink Financial, sorry, scanner is out of order so can't post a copy. Never had a statement from them before.

In essence, they claim they were assigned an account in 2002, but don't list the name of the original creditor. I have never ever made any payments to Link, or to anyone on their behalf. The alleged opening and closing balances are the same.

If this account really was assigned, and assigned in the correct and lawful manner (ha!), would this statement, given that the alleged assignment date is listed as 2002, be evidence enough to claim that they can no longer pursue me as more than 6 years have passed without payment or acknowledgement? Following that, could I then order them to cease processing my data?

I'm hopeful that it's a "yes" to both that above- would be great if it is, especially as they will have shot themselves in the foot by sending the statement!

Cheers folks

Any advice or opinion given is done so in the spirit of goodwill and assistance, but please note I'm not legally trained or qualified, only hoping to help. My advice or opinion is based on experience in my life, and research from forums such as this and other useful sites.

Please seek professional legal advice if you are in any doubt about what to do next with your personal case.

There are many threads on this forum to help you and I do recommend searching around to see what steps others have taken. You're in good hands with CAG-

buy a ConsumerActionGroup.co.uk email address, and help to keep this forum going!

If you like what I say, feel free to give those scales a tickle :-)

Any idea who the debt may originally be with reason I'm asking is in case you have been making payments to the OC.

You know Stink Financial often get their dates and years mixed up especially with the little monkeys they have in cage. They did that with me - case got struck out - but I was still paying the original OC.

If you know for certain that you have not been paying this debt to anyone for at least 6 years then it should be SB. You really need to be certain as I say Stink Financial don't half cock up.

I've just given them 14 days to confirm back to me in writing that they agree never to pass my data on to a third party, just have to wait and see what my response is.

DG:)

• Haha 1

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Not sure who the OC was, or is; do kind of remember one of their (in)famous "we own your account" letters but it was many years ago, pre-CAG days. I am 101% certain I have not paid them a penny, and almost as certain that whoever the OC may have been, they wouldn't have had a penny since way before allegedly selling on to Stink Finance.

I'll think about a suitable letter and post it up for checking.

Thanks DG :-)

Any advice or opinion given is done so in the spirit of goodwill and assistance, but please note I'm not legally trained or qualified, only hoping to help. My advice or opinion is based on experience in my life, and research from forums such as this and other useful sites.

Please seek professional legal advice if you are in any doubt about what to do next with your personal case.

There are many threads on this forum to help you and I do recommend searching around to see what steps others have taken. You're in good hands with CAG-

buy a ConsumerActionGroup.co.uk email address, and help to keep this forum going!

If you like what I say, feel free to give those scales a tickle :-)

Your welcome.

Have a look at the statute barred letter in the forum library you can amend to suit.

DG:)

Just had another thought before I go get some food otherwise we'll starve next week. Have a look at the Prove It

Letter as well.

DG

Edited by diamondgirl

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation