What Made You Smile Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having 14 family members round for christmas dinner, not sure my wife was smiling so much, I'm still doing the dishes :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Having 14 family members round for christmas dinner, not sure my wife was smiling so much, I'm still doing the dishes :)

How are you doing dishes and posting on here at the same time? :-o

Don't forget the ironing! :madgrin:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

How are you doing dishes and posting on here at the same time? :-o

Don't forget the ironing! :madgrin:

The dishes are in the dishwasher ( I'm posh ) first time I've had one in my 'puff ' couldn't even put the tablet thingy in properly, catch the ironing tomorrow :)

Also had Miss Edinburgh round :-)

Also had Miss Edinburgh round :-)

No wonder your wife wasn't smiling so much!!!

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

my youngest son when we were at the cemetary and him saying ...."it's dead up here isn't it"....due to not many people visiting there today.....made me really laugh when he begged me NOT to post it on facebook lol

This made me laugh. :lol:

I know Caro he realised what he'd said there and then and my elder son just looked at him and said......trust YOU ....poor Billy.

We'd gone up there xmas eve-day and today due to on the eve the candles didnt light up very well due to the wind and rain so as per normal for us we went back on xmas day to retrieve the candle lanterns due to they can get stolen and we were ok getting my mother and fathers one but my late wife lantern and candle had to be re-lit again and hence the return on boxing day and thats how this all came about.....ok it was'nt too clever of him to say it but even Sue would have laughed and probably was laughing lol

Reminds me of driving to my brothers house ready to go to his funeral, and a gospel choir came on the radio singing Oh Happy Day. I didn't laugh at the time but it was quite ironic!

the youngest brother to a late brother in law of mine passed away and Andy was always the joker out of all of his family and we were all stunned into burst into laughter at his cremation service due to it ended with the song...............duke of earl.....he had the last laugh....

Nice one! I went to a funeral which ended with Monty Python's Always Look on the Bright Side of Life. Couldn't help but smile at that one either. :p

I joined a bereved group just months after Sue passed away to try to lift myself and with lots of their help I can say it was better for me than seeing a counsilor. One of the older friends i made there was a widower who came into the fold a couple of years after me and he then passed away in October 05. None of us knew much of his past and it turned out he had diplomas for all kinds of things and he'd been a scientist and all kinds of other things throughout his life and as his 'humanist'funeral went on and on into what his life had been we were all turning and looking at each other in disbelief as more and moreof his past life was being read out.....we all came out of there with a much newer outlook as to what Richard had done and the places he'd been in his 60 plus years of life....I'm meeting his widow this week to re-join the group she asked me to come back due to lots of new people have joined and still lots of the old members will be chuffed to bits to have my humour and me back in the fold lol

My sister, BIL, niece and nephew...I've laughed so much tonight that I think I might have cracked a couple of ribs , lol.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

my team winning 7-3 ! yeah

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Obviously not a Villa supporter then. :razz:

pmsl, nope but O/H'S future son in law is!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

watching my elder son flipping out a bit with van Gerwin's off on throwing lol....................and he's won lol ....silence woohoo ohhh and he's won over £90.00 in bets on his goalrush and this game of darts today

:whoo:

banks closing early today :)

Happy Hogmanay Scott and everyone. :-)

Happy Hogmanay Scott and everyone. :-)

And a Happy Hogmanay to you and yours too Caro, have a great new year :)