What Made You Smile Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2026 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The sun's just come oot !!!

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

it comes oot between the torrential downpours :)

it's lovely drying weather here ........you wouldnt think I was a 58 year old ex burly builder would you :lol:

Nothing nicer than to see a lovely line full of clean washing blowing in the sun and wind..... although I always say I've put the ironing out on the line cos that's what it is when it comes back in :(

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Nothing nicer than to see a lovely line full of clean washing blowing in the sun and wind..... although I always say I've put the ironing out on the line cos that's what it is when it comes back in :(

What is this ironing of which you speak? Careful folding and hanging and jobs a goodun! :p

I remember as a child visiting a great aunt who did her ironing by putting it under the seat cushions on her sofa and chairs. It's obviously in the genes. :lol:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I just bought a new Ironing Cover (Large) from John Lewis, makes my job so much easier, nice pattern too :p

Mind you had to get my son to attatch the elastic band bit that goes underneath !!!

What is this ironing of which you speak? Careful folding and hanging and jobs a goodun! :p

I remember as a child visiting a great aunt who did her ironing by putting it under the seat cushions on her sofa and chairs. It's obviously in the genes. :lol:

Thanks to your helpful and informative post, I have just discovered that the seat cushions on my sofa are not removable.

Gutted. :lol:

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

Unfortunately my son has white uniform shirts and I have blouses and shirts for work too and much as I hate ironing I like them to look nice - my office suits and his uniform trousers go the the cleaners though....

Leisure wear for weekends is a different kettle of fish - if it looks OK when it comes off the line or out of the tumble drier then it doesn't get ironed :)

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

i'm glad we dont have mangles nowadays.....used to be you'd hear the screams of the old washerwomen up and down the road way way back when they used to catch their boobs in the mangle:lol:.....I was joking dotty lol

Thanks to your helpful and informative post, I have just discovered that the seat cushions on my sofa are not removable.

Gutted. :lol:

Same for me too I'm afraid! That's progress for you. :p

Unfortunately my son has white uniform shirts and I have blouses and shirts for work too and much as I hate ironing I like them to look nice - my office suits and his uniform trousers go the the cleaners though....

Leisure wear for weekends is a different kettle of fish - if it looks OK when it comes off the line or out of the tumble drier then it doesn't get ironed :)

I have a pile of shirts and blouses that get ironed and worn every few months, but on the whole wear things for work that don't need it.

I thought your sons were grown up Ell-enn. Why are you still doing his washing and ironing? :rolleyes::p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Just one son still living at home - I know I shouldn't launder his uniform shirts but I like to see them looking nice, my own fault - I know :)

I just bought a new Ironing Cover (Large) from John Lewis, makes my job so much easier, nice pattern too :p

Mind you had to get my son to attatch the elastic band bit that goes underneath !!!

Can't remove your seat covers either, then? :razz:

Burly, I'm never going to be able to read another one of your posts without thinking about red sequined man thongs. I think I might be emotionally scarred! :razz:

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

Can't remove your seat covers either, then? :razz:

Burly, I'm never going to be able to read another one of your posts without thinking about red sequined man thongs. I think I might be emotionally scarred! :razz:

I wont mention the turquoise one's then or the purple y-fronts with orange piping and matching knee length wollen sox I have:whoo:

I wont mention the turquoise one's then or the purple y-fronts with orange piping and matching knee length wollen sox I have:whoo:

And now I'm never going to be able to use that emoticon without thinking about you pulling up your Y-Fronts, Burls. :rofl:

ok ....my elder son has been applying for a job at an estate agents ...he really wants to get away from the place where he works now and get into something he can get his teeth into so here's hoping for him ...last Sunday my younger son txt me to say he was desperately unhappy at uni and that it really was NOT where he wanted to be so we went and picked him up on monday.......he's got absolutely no prospects now and seems to be in a daze so hopefully now if my elder one gets the estate agents job then my younger son can get back into where he was "same shop" only this time on full hours ....Billy was saying that every night he and his friends were out they had to run the gauntlet of drug dealers and gangs close by the place he rented and also his place was right under 60% of the airliners taking off ....I'm relieved he's home safe and sound and so is he :-D for this but sad too that he felt he let us and himself down

Is it too late for Billy to transfer somewhere nearer home burly? I believe it can be an option sometimes.

hi Caro no he's been and had a taste of uni and he really didnt like it that much and theres more he's not told me as yet but I think it was the pressure he had stacking up against him there due to his illness he seems to fit when he's got too much on his mind or so it seems to be whenever hes had a fit so I'm happier here now knowing he'll be able to hopefully slip back into his old life...he wont budge from his train of thought I know what he's like.

I hope things can get better here for us three and we can turn a nice corner for once

Fair enough Burly. My daughter went to uni and soon decided it wasn't for her too. It's not for everyone and with so many graduates out of work or doing things like bar work or washing up it makes you wonder if it's worth it.

DD quickly got a job and got her NVQ3 6 months later. :-D

6.0 to which side ?