HSBC cca not accepted without signature

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is absolutely no legal requirement for you to send them a copy of your signature. They are merely dragging their heels and hoping that you don't know your rights, as has been repeatedly mentioned, you do not have to provide them with a signature, so don't!:)

Their reluctance to provide any evidence, CCA etc, is to their detriment, because until they do they are unable to take any further legal action against you.

Ignore their irellevant punitive response, they are in the wrong not you, you have acted lawfully in asking for them to provide evidence, they are stalling and have failed to do so in the misguided belief that you now need to provide a signature, forget it, if you have sent them this and they have refused to comply, then it is stale mate, and until such time that they do comply they are unable to enforce diddly squat!

When the time limit expires send them this and do make a complaint to the OFTThe Office of Fair Trading: Debt collection practices

• Haha 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I could royally screw them around,as I can produce two consistently and totally different signatures,depending on what I'm signing....

I could do one,and if they lift it,prove that it wasn't mine by doing the other one

I'd love to see the judge's face if they produced a "forged and clearly untrue" signature on a created agreement

• 4 weeks later...

Just to add to this, I have quickly received (within days) a simlar letter requiring a signature and enclosing the postal order.

Maybe a coincidence but they have also been chasing me for a payment on this card as this months payment has been missed despite the fact that I have a direct debit to pay at least the minimum amount each month and I know I have the funds to cover this in the account. I have refused to resolve this on the phone and am going into the branch to resolve this later this week.

With regards to the letter, do I ignore it and should i cash the PO? Should I worry about the missed payment?

Resend the request and add this to the letter;

Dear Sir,

You have stipulated that you require proof of my identity/signature before you comply with my request, may I bring the following to your attention;

Data Protection Act Good Practice Notes:

2. Do you have enough information to be sure of the requester’s identity?

Often you will have no reason to doubt a person’s identity. For example, if a person with whom you have regular contact sends a letter from their known address it may be safe to assume that they are who they say they are.

Suffice to say that if the Information Commissioners Office are satisfied that if you have previously corresponded with me at this address then it is reasonable that I am the person I say I am, therefore there is no leglislation nor guidelines that you can hide behind in an attempt to avoid fullfilling my legal request,

Yours,

Print name do not sign.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_application/checklist_for_handling_requests_for_personal_information.pdf

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8861&d=1242456802

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Not only do they have no legal right to demand your signature, but it has been alleged that certain less scupulous companies have provided CCAs by nefarious means...namely Photoshop.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Received a letter from dca on behalf of HSBC. They are saying the same as before that they intend to instruct solicitors as we haven't complied with the letter from HSBC to send a signed request for cca. I have sent the relevant letters concerning the signature. Also sent the account in dispute to DCA but they have given me 28 days to comply and then they will start legal action. Any ideas what I should do next?

Report them to TS and the OFT. Get your MP invovled as well.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Received a letter from dca on behalf of HSBC. They are saying the same as before that they intend to instruct solicitors as we haven't complied with the letter from HSBC to send a signed request for cca. I have sent the relevant letters concerning the signature. Also sent the account in dispute to DCA but they have given me 28 days to comply and then they will start legal action. Any ideas what I should do next?

Oh dear me! What sorry, sorry, people!:-x

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

debtcollectionguidance@oft.gsi.gov.uk

Financial Ombudsman Service

Consumer Direct

Information Commissioner's Office - ICO

How to Complain

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Also as they've failed to comply to your legal request send them this; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/571-failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale You might as well let them know from the onset that you are not going to be a push-over for them. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What if they send another letter demanding a signature. If I don't (in law) have to provide them with one is it best to just ignore them and keep sending the in dispute letter to the dca's and then if they take me to court do the cpr request?

Note. I have just had dealing with hsbc on a different matter, car insurance claim. When they dig their heels in they dig deep and refuse to budge. Unfortunately the only way I could 'win' was to pay and organise for an independent engineers and valuation report. Unfortunately I don't have any means to do this. But believe me, if I could have, I would have if only on principle. They will only (personal opinion) bring court action if they are certain of a win and they will know that they are buggaring you around. Listen to the advice on this forum, these guys are very experienced (I am not sadly, but I'm learning fast!)

Edited by brokebutnotbeatn

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

• 2 months later...

I have not heard anything for a while other than from Metropolitan DCA. Yesterday I received a letter from DG solicitors. I didnt send my signature as they requested for the cca. Not sure what to do next as they are saying they will take me to court in 14 days if I do not pay the full amount owing. Is there anything I should do or letter to send? Appreicate your help.

Dear Sirs

I refer to your letter of XXXXX 2009 which was received today.

Frankly, I am surprised of the need to advise a firm of solicitors about the terms and conditions surrounding my Consumer Credit Agreement request (Consumer Credit Act, 1974); dated XXXX 2009 for which I have proof of receipt . I can only assume therefore that they failed to inform you of their non compliance. Your client had until (date - 12+2 working days from date of sending CCA request) to comply with a legal request.

Should your client persist with threats of legal action as stated in your letter, I will welcome the opportunity for a judge to look at several defaults committed by xxxx under The Consumer Credit Act, 1974, as well as your client’s non-compliance with and total disregard for, both the banking code and OFT guidelines.

Also please note that I will ONLY communicate in writing, any calls made to me will be classed as harrassment and treated as such.

Yours faithfully

idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

i had the same problem with a couple but just to get it over with i signed my name in blue and put a black cross through it

didn't haveany problems with that

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)