KAZZAW v Lloyds Asset Card - EVERYONE READ post 15 & post 219 !!!!!!

kazzaw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I like this idea !!??

Could it be incorporated somehow into a draft of proposed directions in your AQ

I don't see why not photoman. would this be suitable to write in the AQ? :-

I wish to ask for an order of the following terms: "the defence be struck out as it is an abuse of process on the basis that the defendant has settled all previous claims of this nature. If the Defendant objects to this course of action it is to file at Court within 14 days, a Schedule setting out a list of all claims it has pursued to trial and all claims it has settled."

Alternatively may the court consider making the attached draft directions into an order to bring this case to a swift conclusion.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kazzaw well done

Looks like SC&M will be called in to see the headmaster Monday morning.:D

LSTB (business) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) received 10th Dec prelim + Contractual interest claim sent 10th Jan07 £5k + change

Received partial reduction mount of £5,563 against loan & overdraft of £18k i.e. 30% reduction. Next step PPI's & managed loans. Jan 07

LSTB (Girlfriend) prelim sent 10th Jan07 1st account £670

Received partial refund into account of £457 9th Feb, sent rejection letter. donated 5% 10th Feb

LSTB (Girlfriend) prelim sent 10th Jan 07 £1,450

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 27th DEC (approx £3000)

Ha! Brilliant!

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

Mindzai's Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Joint Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Spreadsheet for compound contractual interest and statutory (s69) interest:

Download v1.9 [Tested with Excel 97-2007 and OpenOffice 2]

PLEASE NOTE: You should fully research contractual interest before you use that functionality of this spreadsheet. If in any doubt please use it to calculate 8% interest under s69 County Courts Act 1984.

Excellent

If we could have the name of the judge and claim reference it would also be useful for those who have claims ongoing since they could reference the specific claim/court/judge when corresponding with their own court.

I'm not certain courts like to follow suit, but its often the case that once one professional does something, if its good and works, the rest follow on.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Lets hope so.

As the Lloyds logo says "You First" - obviously referring to KAZZAW 'cos its his thread;) - as long as its "Me Second" :)

MC

Just got home to find that not only am I famous, I have also had a sex change!!! :o

I'm a woman!! Well I was when I last looked!!! ;)

My claim is also through Newark County Court & the Clerk informed me yesterday that a lot of the "desk work" is done at Lincoln as Newark doesn't have a Judge there very often. My other cases have been at Mansfield & Nottingham.

Wish I'd had my AQ for my Egg case after receiving this so I could have asked for it to be at Lincoln or Newark instead of Mansfield!!! ;)

Karen :)

FIRST DIRECT: £4751.86 SETTLED IN FULL 5/07/06 :-)

TESCO VISA CARD: £90 SETTLED IN FULL 12/08/06 :)

LLOYDS TSB: £4403.59 SETTLED IN FULL 17/08/06 :)

EGG: £451.52 SETTLED IN FULL 18/01/07 :)

Opinions and advice of kazzaw are independent, offered informally, without prejudice, without liability, and not endorsed by the Bank Action Group. If in any doubt, seek the advice of a qualified, insured professional.

Excellent

If we could have the name of the judge and claim reference it would also be useful for those who have claims ongoing since they could reference the specific claim/court/judge when corresponding with their own court.

I'm not certain courts like to follow suit, but its often the case that once one professional does something, if its good and works, the rest follow on.

Glenn

Anyway that this would be possible? Understandably you would wish to retain anonymity, and ensure posting such would not prejudice your case.

Perhaps PM one of the Moderators for advice on this.

It would be really great, and very powerful info, if we could all get this info.

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Bankfodder has a copy of the Court Order & he is waiting to see the outcome.

Opinions and advice of kazzaw are independent, offered informally, without prejudice, without liability, and not endorsed by the Bank Action Group. If in any doubt, seek the advice of a qualified, insured professional.

Yeah, I second that, P-M. When you've finished signing autographs, Kazz, I reckon BF will be wanting words with you !!

He might even click your scales and propel you to superstardom !! :D

PS - I just noticed - he's on the case. Excellent.

HI

I think there are going to be some sweaty palms at the banks come Monday morning.

I suppose they will be wondering if this is going to devlop into a trend or not. Personally i can't see how it can do otherwise,maybe not straight away but whilst they continue to mess the courts about eventually this is going to happen over and over again.

If i might embark on a bit of amatuer psycollogy amd try and get into their heads what would thier next move be?

Attempt to make an agreement with the OFT to limit there charges to say £3 or something and agree to refund litigants for the differense for the last six years --Costly

Bury their heads in the sand and keep buls---- ng us and hope they can bluff us into letting up. Surely they wouldn't be that naive.

Put alll their effort into defending a high profile case and hoping to create some kind of pressident. IMO I think this the most likely and is the option i would take if I was them.

I think we must now more than ever make sure that we know our onions when we fill in that N1 and be prepared to go into court and put our case, the people who have become a little complacent becaus there has been no history of any defence being pressnted need to pull their socks up ,this includes yours truly.

Hope nobody thinks i am putting a damper on what is a great step forwad.

It is just a thought and i would be happy for someone to shoot me down

Peter

• Haha 1

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I'm inclined to agree Peter if this becomes a trend, and Newark/Licoln seem to have the bit in their teeth now, then the banks are going to have to do something. Not convinced they are ready yet for the do or die attempt a high profile case will become, but they have to find some other way of solving the problem.

Perhaps they will stop the charges altogether and go back to making an income from the high interest rates they charge :D

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

Told my OH this morning that this could be "make or break" time.

Hope I won't be the high profile test case. I ticked the "no publicity box" !!!!!

• Haha 1

L O L..........................damn..............I should have waited for interest rates to go up before putting in a claim at current contractual !!!

On a more serious note, I for one will be making sure my own claim is more watertight than a ducks backside!

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

LOL Kazz !! :D

Tam, I think that's what's happening already. The charges have been going down to £12, and the rates have been going up. Good if you're claiming contractual at the current rate, though !!

Only thing is can we now expect the OFT to take action because they specifically said that £12 level was not an indicator for them all to start charging £12.

There interest rates are already too high in comparison with base rate.

Maybe the entire membership of CAG should apply for an account with each bank in turn and dictate the rate of interest they are prepaired to pay and level of charges.

In any economy something is only worht what somebody is prepaired to pay for it, and I for one am not ready to pay penalty charges or stupidly high interest rates.

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

In keeping with your point tamadus.

Should any of the Banks decide they wish to defend a high profile case, on the grounds that their charges are justified, this would require them to provide evidence to that effect at the highest rate they could somehow justify.

In a highly competitive market, this would instantly put them at a huge dis-advantage compared to all their competitors.........who would then launch campaigns to encourage customers to bank with them for a better deal. Commercial suicide.

As I am sure everyone knows court orders are a matter of public record.

Whilst the absolute last thing a litigant in person should be is bolshie, i do not see any harm in, when filing an AQ at court, enclosing a copy of the Newark CC judgment and 'inviting' the judge at the respective CC to make a similar order.

I guess belt and braces would be to also enclose a copy of the new suggested directions Bankfodder suggested and offer them in the alternative.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Paula

Hell, Tam - Am I being too simplistic, here. Your post just conjured up this image of BF sat down with the big banks, and thrashing out a standard contract that has real balance !!

Next stop for BF - No. 11 !!!

:D

I seem to recall way back in my youth that we actually had branches with a MANAGER. a summons to visit him was considered terrible but we could at least go along and negotiate interest etc on loans. Find a branch manager now that can negotiate a loan at any interest rate other than dictated by head office.

Its very like the price of cars in the UK, the price is higher because we will pay it.

The free market principles mentioned by Upton should in theory give us more input into these matters but have resulted in the banks forcing us to take it or leave it.

Once upon a time a bank was a local institution and respected, now its no different to speed cameras in that its only purpose is to suck money out of the consumers pocket and into some huge vault.

Has anyone seen how the £5 note is slowly vanishing? Cant get one in an ATM anymore and its because the banks dont recirculate them as often to bolster their case to get rid of it for another pathetic little coin to put holes in my pockets.

In keeping with your point tamadus.

Should any of the Banks decide they wish to defend a high profile case, on the grounds that their charges are justified, this would require them to provide evidence to that effect at the highest rate they could somehow justify.

In a highly competitive market, this would instantly put them at a huge dis-advantage compared to all their competitors.........who would then launch campaigns to encourage customers to bank with them for a better deal. Commercial suicide.

The claim that the charges calculation is a business secret is nonsense Photoman, every bank uses virtually the same formulas, guesswork of what the consumer will pay.

If a high profile case does develop then I suspect we will see the banks working very closely together on it.

The real people behind the banks ( and I dont mean those who work on the counters) are actually very few and all know each other, meet regularly and give each other pressies at Christmas. These are buddies with a common purpose and they will always show business as usual outside while they plan where to put the knife.

Is it any wonder the top 5 in this country always post very similar profits?

In my business there are about 5 of us in the country, if a customer upsets any of us or doesnt pay their bills on time the others soon know about it. We even discuss the way we want the industry to move forward from our point of view. Not a cartel as such as we dont discuss our individual pricings but very close to it as we all use very similar pricing structures.

Hi Tamadus

Don't get off your soapbox - the view is great surely?

Paula

PS - with you all the way on speed cameras

you have to excuse me sometimes I get carried away with silly little things like being fair and open when trading :)