Scottish Laws

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6663 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I live in scotland and i am just wondering if there is a big difference between the two laws ( scot/eng) and would i still be able to go ahead with getting my money back from the bank, is there a difference in the aproach?

cheers

john

Yo have found our weakness at the moment. We are trying to brush up and get help on Scottish law.

The situatin sems to be only that Scotish procedure is diffent but the law is not a porblem and that you ca recover yur excessive penalties on exactly the same basis as you can in E/W.

Vheck the library for the court procedure rules.

Also have a look at the Govan website - which is linked in "Helpful Organisations" on this forum. They are a Scottish law centre and very good at this kind of thing with lots of info on their site.

POst your story in the correct forum here because there are others who are suing scottish banks and w sill soon build up a body of knowledge and experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i decided to send the letter, edited from the govan web site, got my reply lol basically sez

unheaded paper

dear MR blah blah

letter of complaint

thank you for your letter dated 11th feb which i have recieved in the branch today, i am glad you have given me the oportunity to explain the charges we have applied to your bank account.

you will appreciate that we have to pass on the costs for paid and unpaid items, should you use an unautherised overdraft. its only "fair" to all our customers that we pass these costs on to the specific account holdersaffected. to avoid incurring charges again in the future, you should ensure that your account remains within the agreed over draft limit. ( dont have an overdraft )

as you have already recieved two refunds for charges incurred ( not refunds they cancelled charges due to hit account as a " good will gesture " ) dated 3rd dec 2005 and also 11th feb 2006 ( days that i called them and they cancelled charges that were going to come of end of the month ) we will not be prepared to provide you with a further refund in this instance as the charges have been incurred legitamatly.

in addition i have enclosed a leaflet wich gives the details of our bank charges and explains alternative ways in which u can manage your account to prevent taking the account into a debit balance.

you will also find enclosed a copy of our leaflet explaining our complaints procedures.

should any of your concernes remain unresolved please let me know what you'd like me to do to put matters right. we are keen to resolve your concerns, if we are unable to do so we'll provide you with details of how you can contact the financial ombudsman service for help. if i dont hear from you within the next eight weeks i will assume you are happy.

if you would like to discuss your concerns, please telephone me on the number provided above.

yours sincearly

stephen hay

assistant manager

this is the reply after giving em seven days hmm dunno what u lot think?

nice bank of scotland leaflets too any one wanna copy?

john

Get your figures, send the letter, send the Good News.

Just remember that the small claims no cost limit in Scotland is much less than here.

• 13 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6663 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks