Acer Laptop 2 months old (well 3 now) where do i stand

m3nf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask your advice on where i stand or if i am asking to much from comet/acer.

I purchased a new laptop (spending £650) on the 7th feb 09.

I had the laptop and its started to make noises from day one. These noises only happened when i shut the laptop down, which is not that often to be honest, i thought it maybe a little issue and as i did not shut it down often thought it was down to a cd being in the drive and tried different things to find the fault.

Well april 1st i decided i could not live with the noise, now knowing it did only happen at shut down only. I phoned comet and told them about this.

The said i need to contact acer direct to get the laptop sent in to be checked. They collected the laptop on the 8th via dhl on next day sending.

The problem is after many calls to acer and comet i still do not have my laptop back, they have confirmed a fault with the fan, and finally this week now said its been repaired and is today on test for 72 hours and then will be shipped back to me beginning of next week.

I like to know if i am entitled to a replacement laptop, i know its sounds silly but the laptop to me is now reconditioned and not new anymore, and where the laptop has spent half of its live so far at acer i feel i should be allowed to have a replacement or even a credit note from comet. I would even be happy with the warrenty being increased to cover me for the month it will end up being stuck at acer repair site.

Any help or advice would be very handy please, i have asked comet and acer for the above and there reply is basic NO!!! :( which is very disapointing.

Many thanks for any advice you can give.

Guest Old_andrew2018

I dont think that you will get either a credit or replacement, the laptop will have been repaired and returned to you (I hope), IMHO Acer will have met their obligation too you.

Regards

andy

Edited by old_andrew2007
typo

inspect and repair outside of 28days is the norm.

unless there are known issues with the model that the manu acknowledge and thus will replace under 'not fit for pupose' re soga, then they have satisfied their side of the warranty by repairing it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

Well the laptop was sent back again to be fixed, but this time it comes back from (after 24 days) acer with marks and scratches all over the unit, needless to say i am very upset my new laptop is worse of now. I contact Comet once again whom say i must again send the laptop back for repair, again i asked for a replacement as this is now the second time its has to go back. Again a big NO was my reply from them.

I thought this time i would contact Consumer Direct to see what they said, they said i am within my right to ask for a replacement unit. So i contact Comet based on this and asked to have the laptop inspected, so i sent that to them now.

The report from acer says that the marks must have been done via transport to them. Comet says they will only repair once again.

I now not been able to use my laptop for more than 2 months now.

I have contact consumer direct again with a complete story of what has happened, and they have told me i am within my rights to a replacement laptop now. And if comet refuse then i should deal with them via a small claims court.

And based on there advice i have done so this week.

Here hoping i not wasted alot of money.

• 1 month later...