Lloyds settled loan PPI reclaim - advice please! ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I believe you are being generally messed around. They should be able to work out the loan account details from any statements showing monthly direct debit (assuming you were paying monthly from a LTSB current or other account)

This is the general pattern now. Use the 40 day period to exasperate the claimant making life extremely onerous. Keep asking the claimant to provide more and more information to save our staff having to search for it and all for £10.00.

Then the Law the Data Protection Act 1998:)

The statutory fee is £10.00

The time limit is 40 days plus days for postage.

Failure to comply is breaking the Law of the land.

The ICO is there to uphold complaints on non compliance.

So are the Courts.

Do not let them wear you down.

They are banging out standard response letters to everyone and failing to check all the details before posting. I have received a letter today saying if we do not get the fee within one month we will consider the case closed.

I responded with a copy of the receipt for the postal order payable to ltsb and proof of posting.

LTSB well you just have to have a certain amount of respect for their total inability to treat customers fairly. (But that's another issue)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe you are being generally messed around. They should be able to work out the loan account details from any statements showing monthly direct debit (assuming you were paying monthly from a LTSB current or other account)

This is the general pattern now. Use the 40 day period to exasperate the claimant making life extremely onerous. Keep asking the claimant to provide more and more information to save our staff having to search for it and all for £10.00.

Then the Law the Data Protection Act 1998:)

The statutory fee is £10.00

The time limit is 40 days plus days for postage.

Failure to comply is breaking the Law of the land.

The ICO is there to uphold complaints on non compliance.

So are the Courts.

Do not let them wear you down.

They are banging out standard response letters to everyone and failing to check all the details before posting. I have received a letter today saying if we do not get the fee within one month we will consider the case closed.

I responded with a copy of the receipt for the postal order payable to ltsb and proof of posting.

LTSB well you just have to have a certain amount of respect for their total inability to treat customers fairly. (But that's another issue)

aa

Hi aa:)

I know what you mean about LTSB trying to wear you down - and they're doing a pretty good job of it, but unfortunately for them I come on here and get support from you guys and feel ready to bounce back at them again!

I think I'm going to give them one last chance by sending copies of the CCAs we have for these loans and remind them if they don't comply this time we'll be heading off to the FOS.

I don't know what to do about the ones they've sent no response to though? Is it possible to go to the FOS if you've had no response at all? Do I still have to wait the 8 weeks? These 2 loans were repaid within the last 5/6 years and we received copies of the CCAs in our SARs for these so they DO have the paperwork - therefore I don't know what their excuse is for not even ackowledging 3 letters which have been signed for:?

Thanks again for all your help,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Hi aa:-)

I know what you mean about LTSB trying to wear you down - and they're doing a pretty good job of it, but unfortunately for them I come on here and get support from you guys and feel ready to bounce back at them again!

I think I'm going to give them one last chance by sending copies of the CCAs we have for these loans and remind them if they don't comply this time we'll be heading off to the FOS.

I don't know what to do about the ones they've sent no response to though? Is it possible to go to the FOS if you've had no response at all? Do I still have to wait the 8 weeks? These 2 loans were repaid within the last 5/6 years and we received copies of the CCAs in our SARs for these so they DO have the paperwork - therefore I don't know what their excuse is for not even ackowledging 3 letters which have been signed for:confused:

Thanks again for all your help,

If they have failed to respond to the Subject Access Request then you will need to respond to the FOS to show that your claims are not being upheld.

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

If they have failed to respond to the Subject Access Request then you will need to respond to the FOS to show that your claims are not being upheld.

No, they did eventually reply to our SARs, which included copies of the CCAs for these two old joint loans - yet we have sent them 3 letters regarding the mis-sold PPI on these loans and they have ignored every letter!

Also included in the SARs were statements for the two even older loans (which they are now denying all knowledge of and have returned our paperwork twice!) - so we know they did exist. We have our original copies of the CCAs for these 2 loans.

What I need to know is whether I can just go straight to the FOS because LTSB haven't even acknowledged our 3 letters referring to the first two loans?

Apologies if this is a bit confusing:eek:

Thanks again.

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Hi landy - can I ask what address you have been corresponding with over this - I inadvertantly complained to 2 seperate addresses and whilst one department flat out ignored me and then when I shook them up a little they kept refusing my claims the other took their sweet time to respond but when they did I got a upheld complaint the first time of asking.

It's stupid as they are the same company so think would be consistant but I think you might have to play them at their own game on this one and try the 'soft' department :)

Hi andie:)

That's interesting - thank you for letting me know!

The address we've been using is -

Customer Care

Lloyds TSB Insurance

Tredegar Park

Newport

South Wales

NP10 8SB

What I can't understand is how they can be responding to the various other PPI issues we have on the go with them (even if it is to return our letters 'cos they say they don't recognise the account numbers), yet completely ignore this particular set of letters:?

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

I think this may be the address to use for LTSB.

I sent SAR to Head office in London and they have obviously forwarded it on as I got a response from this address.

Lloyds TSB Bank Plc

DSAR Team

Customer Service

Recovery Centre

Charlton Place C57

Andover

Hampshire

SP10 1RE

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Thanks for confirming that!

I have now sent back, yet again, the info relating to OH's 2 settled loans with copies of the CCAs - let's see if they still refuse to investigate now!

I don't know what to do about the loans they are blanking completely - maybe I should just contact the FOS about this? The 8 weeks are up next week - but if they haven't had the decency to respond to the letters we have already sent, I can't see them responding now:confused:

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Hi everyone:)

Can someone advise please - when filling out a FOS complaint form, if it is regarding PPI on two loans with the same bank (and which I have complained to the bank in the same letters about), can I do it all on the one form?

Many thanks,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Can someone advise please - when filling out a FOS complaint form, if it is regarding PPI on two loans with the same bank (and which I have complained to the bank in the same letters about), can I do it all on the one form?

Many thanks,

Landy x

YES you can and if they have been refinancing loans ie the later loan paying off the first loan and PPI on both the FOS will accept one complaint form.

I had two complaints 4 loans on one with Direct Line Financial Services (later legally transferred to the RBS) and 3 with RBS. Two complaints did it both upheld.

The only thing about submitting one complaint is that the Bank will only get hit with one £500 fee :rolleyes:

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

YES you can and if they have been refinancing loans ie the later loan paying off the first loan and PPI on both the FOS will accept one complaint form.

I had two complaints 4 loans on one with Direct Line Financial Services (later legally transferred to the RBS) and 3 with RBS. Two complaints did it both upheld.

The only thing about submitting one complaint is that the Bank will only get hit with one £500 fee :rolleyes:

aa

Thank you for your help - I'll get on to that in the next few days as I've realised the 8 weeks isn't actually up till the 6th of July.

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Thanks for confirming that!

I have now sent back, yet again, the info relating to OH's 2 settled loans with copies of the CCAs - let's see if they still refuse to investigate now!

I don't know what to do about the loans they are blanking completely - maybe I should just contact the FOS about this? The 8 weeks are up next week - but if they haven't had the decency to respond to the letters we have already sent, I can't see them responding now:confused:

Regards,

Landy x

Well if LTSB weren't totally peeing me off already they truly are now - for the third time they have returned the paperwork I have sent regarding OH's two old loans, even though this time I sent copies of the original CCAs OH was given at the time he took them out:evil:

They have written on the accompanying letter I sent 'unable to trace customer'!!!

Do you think this warrants going straight to the FOS? The 8 weeks isn't up till the back end of July and they haven't said it is their final response, but 3 times they have returned the paperwork commenting that they cannot investigate because they 'cannot trace any agreements or any accounts for you from the information you have provided' and have asked for us to send in any additional information we have to support our concerns - what more can I blooming well send?:eek::eek::eek:

This is so obviously another fob-off from Lloyds and I am not going to let them win/get away with it, particularly as the amounts involved total at least £5000.

If anyone can advise whether going straight to the FOS is possible or not I would be most grateful thanks!

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Well if LTSB weren't totally peeing me off already they truly are now - for the third time they have returned the paperwork I have sent regarding OH's two old loans, even though this time I sent copies of the original CCAs OH was given at the time he took them out:evil:

They have written on the accompanying letter I sent 'unable to trace customer'!!!

Do you think this warrants going straight to the FOS? The 8 weeks isn't up till the back end of July and they haven't said it is their final response, but 3 times they have returned the paperwork commenting that they cannot investigate because they 'cannot trace any agreements or any accounts for you from the information you have provided' and have asked for us to send in any additional information we have to support our concerns - what more can I blooming well send?:eek::eek::eek:

This is so obviously another fob-off from Lloyds and I am not going to let them win/get away with it, particularly as the amounts involved total at least £5000.

If anyone can advise whether going straight to the FOS is possible or not I would be most grateful thanks!

Regards,

Landy x

`````````````````````

Just gently bumping for some advice on this please;)

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Regards,

Landy x

Hi Guys:)

Many apologies for bumping this again so soon, but I am desperate to get another complaint off about LTSB's shabby treatment of OH and I. I really need to know whether I can go ahead and complain to the FOS about this even though 8 weeks are not up till end of July and their 3 responses have been totally negative, but none say 'final response'?

Many thanks in advance for your help:)

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Hiya Landy,

May suggest before you go filling the FOS complaint form and sending all the data you have, that you give the FOS a ring first and inform them that you have not had a satisfactory response from them despite you sending them three letters.

I sure they will tell you there and then if you can go to next step and submit your complaint to the FOS.

Just my 2 pence worth.

Regards

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Their contact details are as follows

consumer helpline

open 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday

• 0845 080 1800
    Calls cost up to 4p a minute for BT customers – and may be free on some BT plans. But you will probably have to pay more if you use another phone company or call from a mobile phone.
  • 0300 123 9 123 or 020 7964 0500
    These numbers may be cheaper if you use a mobile phone or a phone company other than BT – and will be "free" if you pay a monthly charge for calls to numbers starting 01 or 02.

we'll be happy to phone you back, if you're worried about the cost of calling us

• Haha 1

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hi PF:)

Hope you're well!

Thank you for your advice - it's most appreciated and we will definitely give them a call on Monday before I go launching into my complaint!

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Just updating this thread -

Took PF's advice (thanks again PF!) and called FOS today - well OH did, as the two loans in question were his. These are the two loans for which LTSB have returned our paperwork three times now, saying they can't investigate because they don't have enough info and don't recognise the account numbers.......we sent them copies of the original CCAs and statements relating to both accounts - for god's sake do they think we're going to go away that easily???

FOS guy wasn't surprised to get what appeared to be yet another complaint about LTSB - wait till they get the rest of our complaints about them - next one heading that way tomorrow in fact:D

He said because the 8 weeks are not yet up for LTSB to investigate the PPI on these two particular loans, the FOS will get in touch with them for us and hassle them into giving us a proper response.

He was most helpful and understanding that LTSB are being a bunch of p***ts and said it doesn't matter how old the loans are - mis-selling is mis-selling and that's that!

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Hiya Landy,

Glad you got some recourse from the FOS, it would appear to me that they are striking while the iron is hot to try and avoid another complaint heading there way.

Lets hope it works.

Regards

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

I'm thinking as this thread has become more about the PPI on Mr Landy's two old settled loans I might start another for the two joint loans. As we seem to have so many PPI issues with LTSB I think that will make it less confusing!

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Just updating this thread -

We have received a letter from the FOS letting us know they have contacted LTSB and asking them to investigate our complaint.

We have also received a letter from LTSB informing us that the FOS has asked them to objectively review our complaint. LTSB state that they are starting by obtaining a copy of our file and relevant info - well, they'll have difficulty with that one as they returned all our paperwork relating to this claim 3 times!!!

I suppose we'll just have to resend it all over again:eek:

They are so totally incompetant - they can't even get the simplest thing right - they say if we have any other concerns to return them in the enclosed prepaid envelope, which you've guessed, isn't there!

Will update with further news as and when it occurs........

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Hiya Landy,

You will probably find LloydsTSB photocopies your letters before retuurning them to you, I say this because in my case I've had copies of my letters returned to me I know that's the Co-op but I thing you will find it is pretty standard practise with all banks.

Time will tell and glad your case has progressed at the FOS.

Regards

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Hiya Landy,

You will probably find LloydsTSB photocopies your letters before retuurning them to you, I say this because in my case I've had copies of my letters returned to me I know that's the Co-op but I thing you will find it is pretty standard practise with all banks.

Time will tell and glad your case has progressed at the FOS.

Regards

PF

Hi PF:)

Yes, I would have thought that would be the case too, but I've just double checked their letters and each time they sent our paperwork back they said that they don't keep copies.

Each time it has cost £1.65 to send via recorded delivery and this will be the 4th time the same paperwork has had to be sent to them because of their incompetance!

It would be interesting to work out just how much we Caggers have spent in the course of our attempts to get our money back:eek:

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Hi PF:-)

Yes, I would have thought that would be the case too, but I've just double checked their letters and each time they sent our paperwork back they said that they don't keep copies.

Each time it has cost £1.65 to send via recorded delivery and this will be the 4th time the same paperwork has had to be sent to them because of their incompetance!

It would be interesting to work out just how much we Caggers have spent in the course of our attempts to get our money back:eek:

Regards,

Landy x

You can send special delivery next day, but if it does not get there you can claim compensation. It costs more and I would look into it first to see if PPI claims etc would be covered by Royal Mail compensation or if it is only for cash and valuables:eek:

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from