Argos problem

Medbot_Ratchet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I hope i've posted this in the right section, i'm a bit new to this!

My problem is we ordered a 3 piece suite from Argos in January. We part paid with Argos Gift Vouchers & part paid by my parents credit card.

When we ordered we were told delivery usually within 35 days.

After the 35 days, no contact from Argos, so I phoned them up and was told the item is out of stock and they are waiting for stock to arrive, they will phone me by the 21st March.

On the 21st, Argos phone me telling me its going to be ANOTHER months delay. After pointing out that we had been waiting 2 months, they agreed (after me suggesting), that Argos would deliver what they had in stock - a chair & sofa, with a recliner chair still outstanding.

Chair & sofa arrived on the due date and i was told the recliner chair would be with me on the 19th April. However after phoning Argos today (Tue 21st), I've been told it could be yet another month.

Any advice would be very appreciated.

Do I need to get Legal Advice?

Can I claim compensation and how could I go about it. The Argos assistant on the phone today said they couldn't talk about compensation until I had got all my items.

• 2 months later...

Hi. Many thanks for your reply.

Yes, the recliner did arrive on the 28th May.....and promptly broke after 5 days!

The moving part came away from the runner. We've had an assessor from Arogs look at it & his opinion was that it would have to be taken away & fixed properly or as replacement chair was needed.

Argos are supposed to cantact me by the end of the week (17th July) to arrange delivery of a new chair, but quite frankly I think I've got more chance of winning the Lottery twice in a row!

I can't believe that a household name like Argos can be SO useless when it comes to customer service. I'm beginning to feel that once Argos have got your money, they don't care about the customer. Sorry, rant over!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with Argos currently. I ordered a sofa on 21 June 2009 and the money was swiftly taken from my bank account. I never received a confirmation email of my order so had to phone them to ask if they'd received my order and what my details were so I could track my order on their website. I was told they would contact me before 24th July to arrange delivery. Today I have receive a phone call (and an automated one at that) telling me my items are currently out of stock and that they are waiting on their suppliers for more deliveries. I have now been told I have to wait until AUGUST 21ST!!! Another 30 DAYS!!

I'm furious as I actually do have anything to sit on in my living room and it's now getting increasingly frustrating.

Have they breached their contract? Any help on my rights etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

Hi QtStuff.

Based on my (limited) experience with Argos, if they have told you over 30 days for your order to arrive (in my case it was 35 days), it probably means that Argos haven't got your sofa in stock & probably won't have it in for some time.

Have you checkes Argos's website for your sofa? If it says 'currantly unavailable', you could very well be waiting minimum 2 months!

My personal opinion is to cancel your order, get your money back and go somewhere else if possible, but then i'm biased against Argos at the moment!

Argos eventually delivered a replacement chair for my recliner, but they delivered a standard chair, NOT a recliner.

When I phoned and complained, Argos told me they didn't have any recliner chairs & wouldn't be getting any more in at all.

I wanted them to refund the difference between the normal chair & the recliner which Argos says is about £42, yet I have worked it out to be about £100.

When I complained Argos basically told me they were right & would not be reviewing it.

I am going to Citizens Advice & going to fire off a stinking letter of complaint.

Apologies for the long post, but to be honest QtStuff, RUN AWAY from Argos & go somewhere better!

Many thanks for you post Medbot!

Just to update, yesterday I cancelled my order out of frustration as they told me it would be the further 30 days on the delivery. I admit I was a bit hasty as I really wanted the sofas (it was a really good BOGOF deal). So with my tail between my legs I asked if my order could be re-instated. I was told "No, you will have to re-order". I tod them I couldn't as the item had now become "Currently out of stock" on their website. 10 minutes later I check their website again and lo-and-behold it's back in stock, but funnily enough, only in the colour and size I wanted!?! So I asked if they could confirm a delivery period if I were to re-order. I was told 28 days so I have no re-ordered and will be keeping my fingers crossed!!

This will be the last time I use Argos delivery service!

Hi QtStuff.

I really hope you get your sofa. Just a tiny bit of advice, if your receipt states 'usually delivered in X days' the 'usually' part is their 'Get out of Jail Free' card!

It sorta means they hope to have your item by the due date, but if not, it could be a fair while longer.

If the worst happens & you have to phone Argos, try & keep a log of when you phone & what you were told, it could help if you have big problems.

I REALLY hope all goes OK for you.

Word of warning don't buy furniture from argos hopeless waste of time.

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p

Sage words indeed, Like-im-being-ripped-off.

I've got nothing against Argos as a shop, and I'll still use them provided what i'm after is in stock. If it isn't in the shop & i've gotta order it, i'm outta there!

Argos seem to have this'don't really care' attitude, it seems a case of once the customer has left the shop, thats the end of Argos's 'customer service'

Just to add insult to injury, the promised £35 'goodwill gesture' still hasn't arrived. Maybe i'll be waiting 7+ months for that as well!

agree on not buying sofa from argos, ours lasted less than a year, the cussions sagged, then 4 months later the bottom bar snapped, and this was a £600+ corner sofa, got a new set £50 from salvation army, look never used, checked the bottom bar before buying nearly 4 times thicker than one from argos, that one was chipboard (checked when dumping) and only around cm and a half thick this one must be nearly 6 or 7

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: