M&S CCA request? need signature, Confused with SAR?

Elgrand
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Elgrand

Been reading your thread and I am a bit ahead of you with M&S. On the SAR issue they managed to send me someone elses info!

Received letters today from Collect Direct but don't expect them to be a problem to see off.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Exchange

Got a letter today from Collect Direct as well.

Been reading your thread and I am a bit ahead of you with M&S. On the SAR issue they managed to send me someone elses info!
Unbelievable arn't they!

A SAR will be my next move.

Elg

• 2 weeks later...

Collect Direct are a bunch of T**sers, latest letter I have received from them says that I accepted transfer to from Store Card to Credit Card verbally.

Must be some new kind of agreement!!!!

Edited by ajs444

Don\'t let the B**tards grind you down

Hi Elgrand, I suppose I'll be getting the same letter soon. M&S may well be allowed to send the info on to a third party but shouldn't there be a notice of assignment. How do any of us know that Collect Direct have not illegally obtained our details and it is a [problem]? I have written back to them telling them I don't pay money to companies I have no contract with.

Also, I am not in the UK, yet they send everything to me by UK second class, idiots!

Edited by exchange
Correction

They can pass it on to a third party (if it states as much in the T&C's )and there doesn't have to be a notice of assignment for them to do so. Doesn't mean you have to talk to the third party mind.

Assignment is usually only when the original creditor has sold the debt on to a third party at which point a valid assignment notice should be sent to you etc.

Hi Elgrand, I suppose I'll be getting the same letter soon. M&S may well be allowed to send the info on to a third party but shouldn't there be a notice of assignment. How do any of us know that Collect Direct have not illegally obtained our details and it is a [problem]? I have written back to them telling them I don't pay money to companies I have no contract with.

Also, I am not in the UK, yet they send everything to me by UK second class, idiots!

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

I notice that your letter is dated 22/10/2009 and you are expected to respond within 5 days of that date! Having received it on the 28th, not helped by the postal situation I suppose, they are asking for a miracle. Has anyone told them there are postal problems?

• 3 weeks later...

hiya Elgrand

long time i hope you are okay,,

well that last letter makes me laugh, they are going to put a charging order,,,,,

im guessing you really aint that worried are you,,,,

keep positive laters angel x :cool:

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Just got another letter today from Collect...

Elg...just write back and say...

Before you are able to obtain a Charging Order you will need to successfully obtain a COUNTY COURT JUDGEMENT which means you will be orally examined under oath.

In order to get a COUNTY COURT JUDGEMENT you will need to produce an ENFORCEABLE CREDIT CARD AGREEMENT which, thus far you have failed to produce.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Hiya Angel,

Yes it's been a long time and i'm fine thank you, hope all is well for you too.

You are right, i'm really not that worried about their threats but they do sound like a bunch of bullies though.

Keeping positive Elg x.

Hiya WelshMam,

Great snippet of advice, short and to the point.

Not sure if i'm just going to ignore Collect now, it seems to be a waste of time writing to them. I will just wait and see how far they go with this and if it goes down the road to the courts then so be it.

Elg.

Hiya WelshMam,

Great snippet of advice, short and to the point.

Not sure if i'm just going to ignore Collect now, it seems to be a waste of time writing to them. I will just wait and see how far they go with this and if it goes down the road to the courts then so be it.

Elg.

To be honest Elg, I wrote to Collect a while back and told them to bog off and haven't heard from them since.

I think ignoring them for now is not such a bad idea. I was just making the point that, if and when you do write to them, then perhaps you should emphasise a few words of your own choosing also!! :p

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

• 2 months later...

Ive had my 3rd letter from M&S stating that they need a signature from before they furnish me with my agreement.

Ive pointed out that nowhere in the CCA does it say that they have to have a signature beforehand, so therefore as they are over their alotted timescale, the account is in dispute.

HappyDays

EOS-5D

CAG Toolbar downloaded :D

hiya elgrand

just popped to have a look at your update well it seems you are doing fine

will be updating my hsbc ms thread once i get through to the court tried a few times and constantly engaged

anyway keep positive have a fun day angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hi

I have sent the letter quoted in post 6. Will be interesting to see if I get the exact same response to it.

Good luck with that socleirigh.

Ive had my 3rd letter from M&S stating that they need a signature from before they furnish me with my agreement.

Ive pointed out that nowhere in the CCA does it say that they have to have a signature beforehand, so therefore as they are over their alotted timescale, the account is in dispute.

Hi EOS-5D. Then all of a sudden they find it and they send it without needing a signature after all!

Hi Angel,

Good to hear from you and sounds like you are keeping positive. I will have a look at your thread and see how it's going.

Elg.

• 4 months later...