G24 Ltd Civil Traffic Enforcement Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yep

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update on my own G24/CSSCollect run in (message #44 in this thread).

I have just recieved a letter marked "72 Hour Notice of Home Visit" have told my wife to ignore like the others but she is concerned someone will actually turn up on the doorstep.

Has anyone else had a similar letter and if do did anyone turn up?

I have just recieved a letter marked "72 Hour Notice of Home Visit" have told my wife to ignore like the others but she is concerned someone will actually turn up on the doorstep.

and so she should be. There's nothing more embarrassing than having someone turn up at the door and you haven't prepared for them by buying in biscuits and cake. On the other hand, it's such a waste if you do get the cake and biscuits in then the expected guests don't turn up.

Such a dilema! :p

Has anyone else had a similar letter

Yes

and if do did anyone turn up?

No

Just part of the threats, why would they waste time and petrol when you might not even be at home? Just ignore them.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guy s `N` Gals

I am yet another noobie to the forum and the un-exclusive club of having just received a parking notice from G24 (meadowhell retail park).

My daughter owns and drives the car but it is registered in my name , the photos clearly show i was NOT driving ( not even on insurance ) . Now i say ignore but my wife is a little worried about consequences " for the sake of £25" as some of these posts are a little old can someone please confirm that ignoring is the way to go for the sake of me and my wife . i really do hate these cowboys.

Thanks in advance

Penfold70 (Neal)

• 2 months later...
Just an update on my own G24/CSSCollect run in (message #44 in this thread).

Has anyone else had a similar letter and if do did anyone turn up?

I am assuming that no one did turn up.

Hi, Im another noob with a G24 Parking charge notice. Is it relevant that I am the Registered Keeper and I was the driver and I did arrive and leave as photographed extending my time by 14 mins over the hour? or should I simply await the trail of threatening letters and ignore all?

Thx

They have a picture of the car and not of the driver. Just ignore these clowns

Hi, Im another noob with a G24 Parking charge notice. Is it relevant that I am the Registered Keeper and I was the driver and I did arrive and leave as photographed extending my time by 14 mins over the hour?

No

or should I simply await the trail of threatening letters and ignore all?

Yes

Thx

regards

this sounds like the usual rubbish about the way PPCs read the RTA. And the belief that a Norwich Pharmacal order is possible. As I recall these strange inexplicable and erroneous beliefs were imported to earth from Planet Perky. Along with a belief that CPR pre action protocols apply, which they don't.

Hi. New to this so hope I get it right. Got a PCN, ignored it, got 2nd warning - emailed them to say registered owner but not driver (true) and aware no liability or requirement to disclose who driver was, got email back saying they would advise their client to get a Norwich Pharmacol issued. Note above that you say such order cannot be issued but feel threatened by suggestion of liability for their costs etc. Can you reassure further?

Hi. New to this so hope I get it right. Got a PCN, ignored it, got 2nd warning - emailed them to say registered owner but not driver (true) and aware no liability or requirement to disclose who driver was, got email back saying they would advise their client to get a Norwich Pharmacol issued. Note above that you say such order cannot be issued but feel threatened by suggestion of liability for their costs etc. Can you reassure further?

You should not have emailed or made any contact but never mind, I have spoken to my solicitor and she has advised me to ignore the letters just as mentioned here.

The "law" of private land is fraught with difficulty, a landowner can claim reasonable cost due to your action if he/she is left out of pocket. Asking for £70 - £80 for parking for 10mins is not reasonable and there is no proof of any cost incurred by the landowner. G24 don't own the land, they have been contracted to be the bully boys to hound mostly innocent drivers by firms like Homebase, Asda etc.

You have not committed any offence. Just ignore all letters in the future. Each is sent fishing for info and to intimidate you bit like what the Krays would have done. It is a pity that in a country like the UK such people are allowed to operate.

I am not saying that landowners should have redress to prevent people missing their land but what is going on here is over the top. If you really want to do something write to your MP, some MPs are trying to bring this issue to attention of ministers.

BTW I got my second letter now asking me about the driver, it is not my problem they have to find out who the driver is and then what, you will receive another 3 letters I think and somewhere in the forums there are copies of the letter posted.

Another good thread all - no wonder the owner of G24 drives a £75,000 Jag.........

If we all fight back (thanks to this superb forum) - he won't be able to get his Ferrari.

Exactly it is such a pity that **** like that is allowed to operate freely, swindling vulnerable people.

Hi Guy s `N` Gals

I am yet another noobie to the forum and the un-exclusive club of having just received a parking notice from G24 (meadowhell retail park).

My daughter owns and drives the car but it is registered in my name , the photos clearly show i was NOT driving ( not even on insurance ) . Now i say ignore but my wife is a little worried about consequences " for the sake of £25" as some of these posts are a little old can someone please confirm that ignoring is the way to go for the sake of me and my wife . i really do hate these cowboys.

Thanks in advance

Penfold70 (Neal)

Please, please ignore this not a parking ticket, it is invoice for alleged parking for a few minutes and has no basis in law. Your daughter has not committed a motoring offence like parking on double yellow lines or overstaying in a council car park. So please, please hang in there and come back here for support.

Hi. New to this so hope I get it right. Got a PCN, ignored it, got 2nd warning - emailed them to say registered owner but not driver (true) and aware no liability or requirement to disclose who driver was, got email back saying they would advise their client to get a Norwich Pharmacol issued.

They probably forgot to mention it will take ages and a vast amount of funds and is not related to private parking so one would 'not be issued' as they suggest. It is all bluff and bluster just do what most do and laugh at them.

Note above that you say such order cannot be issued but feel threatened by suggestion of liability for their costs etc. Can you reassure further?

regards

Note - they are trying to get you to pay a invoice for supposed service of allowing you or the alleged driver to park for a laughable amount of time compared to what they are saying it should cost. No traffic offence has been committed and you have no liability what so ever, just ignore the basta***

• 3 weeks later...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks