National Parking Control

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HELP!!! I ve recieved a Parking Charge, on the letter it says civil enforcment Notice, Notice to Owner. It is from National Parking Control, On the letter it states that they are a member of British Parking Association, BPA, which after looking on the internet is a self ticketing service....Im a bit reluctant to hand over money as there is no mention of any council and the ticket was given to me in a private car park with a barrier and key code entry. The money is to be sent to a PO BOX number....any ideas of who they are? Or what I should do?

Thanks!!!

Its a PPC [problem]. As Crem states-ignore whatever is sent to you. It isnt a Council PCN but it is made to look so to get people to pay up.

Be prepared for some threatening letters from NPC and thier DCA however.

They will disappear after approx 6 letters or so :D

Edited by DDWales
spelling

If you believe that this post has helped in any way please click on the star to the left

DDWales Vs Barclaycard-*Won* http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/174860-ddwales-barclaycard.html

DDWales Vs Natwest-*Won*

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/210090-ddwales-natwest.html

-Reclaim the Right-

You should do nothing.

Do not write to them

Do not telephone them

Do not reply to any of their letters

Above all

Do not pay them!

Very good advice here.

You are quite correct, they have nothing to do with the council or the Police and you have been issued with an invoice for breaching the terms and conditions of use for the car park in question. You should know that they have no legal powers; however, this will not stop them from making an untold number of threats to you ranging from balliffs to county court judgements. The good news is that this is all hot air. Expect to receive approximately 3 - 6 letters escalating in threat levels - 1 or 2 will be from the private parking company themselves, you will then get 2 from a debt collection agency (usually just another desk in the PPC's offices. You will then likely get a further 2 from their solicitors threatening court action - after this all communication will cease.

I will add, those who contact them tend to be the ones that get taken to court as they are seen to be the weakest.

A couple of facts that will ease your mind; you will only get a county court judgement if the PPC take you to court, win and then you do not pay within 28days. Likewise, a balliff can only be appointed after a court judgement. This is a very very rare occurence.

One more thing, they might threaten to send someone to visit you - this is more hot air. They have no legal right to visit your home and can be reported to the Police if they refuse to leave when asked. That said they never do visit because the costs are very high in comparison to the amount they want to collect.

Having told you all of this information there should be no reason for you to pay or contact this company. If you do feel nervous at any point, jump straight back on here and one of us will be more than happy to assist you.

All the best,

TFT

I have dealt with these companies myself - I speak from experience.

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Thank you so much, that has put my mind at ease a hell of alot!!!!! I'll keep you updated on the letters to come then....:D

Excellent! :D

If you believe that this post has helped in any way please click on the star to the left

DDWales Vs Barclaycard-*Won* http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/174860-ddwales-barclaycard.html

DDWales Vs Natwest-*Won*

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/210090-ddwales-natwest.html

-Reclaim the Right-

Glad I read this thread, I've just received a PARKING CHARGE letter from National Parking Control (based in Manchester) for a ticket. I had typed up and printed off my 1st response letter (using the templates given on here) but it looks like I should simply ignore it now, is that correct?

Thanks very much, feels strange but good to be back on this website again!!

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim

yes ignore them But keep all their letters. they have put themselves right in the cross hairs to get nailed due to multiple breaches of several statutes. want to get them ? ?

Damn right I do!! Let me at them!!!

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim

Damn right I do!! Let me at them!!!

:)

DDWales Vs Natwest-*Won*

-Reclaim the Right-

• 1 year later...

Yes, just ignore. Of course they turned down your appeal. It's not an independent process and it's in the company's interest to turn down all such "appeals. This is one persons take on the whole "appeal"process (from Pepipoo):-

The only other possibility is that they keep a monkey at their office, who has been trained to open letters and, although it cannot actually read them, to immediately press a designated character on a keyboard (perhaps marked with a banana symbol) which then produces a letter of reply.

Thank you so much, that has put my mind at ease a hell of alot!!!!! I'll keep you updated on the letters to come then....:D

If anyone feels the need to contact them ie: cant take the pressure from the threats, then please add in your letter a reference of law to get them to back off as they have NO legal standing to collect this scammed money....

The Administration of Justice Act 1970.

Section 40 of the act provides that a person commits an offence if, with the object of coercing another person to pay money claimed from the other as a debt due under contract, he or she:

A) harasses the other with demands for payment which by their frequency, or the manner or occasion of their making, or any accompanying threat or publicity are calculated to subject him or his family or household to alarm, distress or humiliation:

B) Falsely represent, in relation to the money claimed, that criminal proceedings lie for failure to pay it:

C) falsely represent themselves to be authorised in some official capacity to claim or enforce payment:

D) utters a document falsley represented by him to have some official character or purporting to have some official character which he knows it has not:

That gets them to leave you alone........ but if you collect the 6 letters from them sell um on e-bay for a fortune ... full set and it cost you nothing, stand firm they cant do a thing and wont. Happy parking :) for free