Holiday Park - Ground Rent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if anyone will be able to help me but its worth a shot.

I own two holiday chalets on a holiday park site, and have done since 2006, they have increased the rent and are refusing to give me a breakdown of the ground rent and service charges. I have been to LVT and they have said because it is a holiday chalet they are unable to help. I was under the impression that all the time a fee was under dispute payments could not be requested further?! yet i have now received further letters demanding ground rent and a threat of County Court.

Does anyone know who has jurisdiction over holiday homes or where i can obtain advice?

Last August my sister decided to buy a holiday caravan home, before she did I checked out this site and others.

I tried in vain to warn her not to bother but she did. She paid a total of £14000 for a 6 birth caravan. However in January she decided she did not want to keep it and asked the site management if he would buy it back (as he sold it to her).

He advised her that due to the recession he could offer her £1400.

I fail to understand how the recession is far worse now than in August?

So in 5 months she lost about 90%!

When she sought advice from legal sources she was told that all the information is in the small print and totally legal although unfair!

Please do not buy these holiday homes without having the documents SCRUTENISED by a solicitor and having all the small print explained to you.

My sister has learnt her lesson though expensive and rather than give the pleasure to the site management of a cheap bargain (which I am sure they would re-sell at £14000 again), she has sold it at great reduced cost but far higher than what was offered!

• 1 month later...

Whats actually in it for the buyer of these holiday carvans/chalets? You pay ground rent, pay for the upkeep of the caravan, the gas ect ect. The holiday park takes all money for bookings ect and all the buyer gets is to occasionally get a free stay, (in a holiday park in the uk which prob only cost a few hundred a week tops anyway) and to eventually own the caravan, which by then will be old and rotting anyway. I dont understand what attracted people to do this in the first place????