Shakespeare62 - v - a NastyBank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4721 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Right folks - here's the excuse we've been waiting for :

see attached Witness Statement from Respondent AND my proposed reply (also a Witness Statement).

All comments welcomed.

Pishcon Witness Statement Feb 2010.pdf

Witness Statement Feb 2010 ID REMOVED.doc

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law and litigation privilege

Please see the following copyright statement

LJ Rix in Expandable, a very good judgment, i use it often when parties resist providing copies

Cheers PT - thanks for looking in :)

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law and litigation privilege

I can't open the pdf of their witness statement. Saying it's damaged. I don't know if anyone else is having problems?

DD

It opens fine for me with Adobe Acrobat Reader....

14/ so they are saying the the CLAIMANTS policy of not providing the original agreement overrules the COURTS policy that the original agreement should be produced!!

* are they going to provide the registered delivery slip from the OC to show the document was delivered to them on 4th feb if they had it all the time that might catch them out!

Edited by diddydicky

* are they going to provide the registered delivery slip from the OC to show the document was delivered to them on 4th feb

Hey - thats a good point. Wonder if I should stick it in to my Witness Statement ...suggestions welcomed please.

Mind you I didn't know they did registered post anymore ...lol. Hmm ...could this be a case of spot the deliberate 'porky pie' (check out para 12 of their WS folks)

How about something like this

"With reference to paragraph 12 of their Witness Statment, the Respondent's solicitor claims that the purported original was sent to her by Registered Post.

As far as the Appellant is aware Registered Post is no longer a service offered by Royal Mail."

Any offers to improve this ?

(The only caveat is that I may need to be careful not to come across as a smart a**)

Edited by shakespeare62

How about something like this

"With reference to paragraph 12 of their Witness Statment, the Respondent's solicitor claims that the purported original was sent to her by Registered Post.

As far as the Appellant is aware Registered Post is no longer a service offered by Royal Mail."

Any offers to improve this ?

(The only caveat is that I may need to be careful to come across as a smart a**)

I believe you will find that recorded delivery is offered in addition to registered still being available.

G

For all the siht that they are trying to avoid that's a psis poor statement that they have come up with.

Did you actually use the word 'forgery' at the last hearing as they have stated 'forgery' rather than 'suspicious' in their w/s

Any guesses as to their costings to produce such drivel?

Ok I believe under the Postal Services Act 2000 Schedule 8 any reference to registered post is to be construed as meaning a registered postal service (eg Royal Mail recorded delivery or special delivery).

It would just be down then, to demanding a copy of the delivery slip. Not sure if this is a strong point - they may say they've thrown it away ...

Sorry IMHO they will simply claim it's "a clerical error' & the court will accept it. Better to point out their mistake by stating that you 'assume' they mean etc. It shows that unlike them your not being petty & it doesn't diminish the non-delivery argument

For all the siht that they are trying to avoid that's a psis poor statement that they have come up with.

Did you actually use the word 'forgery' at the last hearing as they have stated 'forgery' rather than 'suspicious' in their w/s

No but if a forensic examination determines the document is not authentic then it could be a very serious matter

Any guesses as to their costings to produce such drivel?

I guess they can add another couple of million to my account :)

Edited by shakespeare62

Sorry IMHO they will simply claim it's "a clerical error' & the court will accept it. Better to point out their mistake by stating that you 'assume' they mean etc. It shows that unlike them your not being petty & it doesn't diminish the non-delivery argument

You mean I should still request evidence of a delivery slip in the Witness Statment ?

Hello S62!

Their Witless Statement is a prime example of a Lawyer trying ever so hard not to say anything, whilst trying to appear forthright and authoritative in the process. He/she/it seems to be ducking the central issues for all their expensive education is worth.

I think Amex has been very busy reverse engineering their Document Archives, to try and give the impression they were a lot better than they really were. Slight problem being a recent knock-up escaped and made it to Court with them claiming it was an original. Oops.

Now they are back pedalling like beggary.

In any event, the sudden appearance of these records seems to depend wholly upon everyone suspending their disbelief that Amex employed nothing but nameless and unaccountable employees, who somehow ran their archives like clockwork without signatures or document logs until 2010...when Amex suddenly stumbled upon the archives they felt they deserved. Except they do not seem to know who ran them, or who is accountable. How handy for them.

Cheers,

BRW

Ok I believe under the Postal Services Act 2000 Schedule 8 any reference to registered post is to be construed as meaning a registered postal service (eg Royal Mail recorded delivery or special delivery).

It would just be down then, to demanding a copy of the delivery slip. Not sure if this is a strong point - they may say they've thrown it away ...

They probably receive a number of Special and Recorded delivery items every day so they could produce a number of screenshots from the RM site showing their signature for items received.

I think you have better ammunition than that in your armoury.

Although......can you remember if the ''original'' agreement shown to you at court, was folded or likely to fit into an ordinary-Length: 240mm max/Width: 165mm max envelope because if sent 1st Class Recorded it would be £1.14

If a single unfolded sheet larger than above it would be an additional 22p.

This would be shown on the receipt obtained by the sender of the letter.

They probably receive a number of Special and Recorded delivery items every day so they could produce a number of screenshots from the RM site showing their signature for items received.

Good point. I don't think recorded / Special Delivery slips show the senders details.