B&Q Kitchen & Bathroom Nightmare

HAMILTONS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you are considering a B&Q Kitchen or Bathroom - don't bother - they have ZERO customer service!!!

Here is a copy of a letter I have sent to anyone and everyone in B&Q in the hope of getting resolution.....

I have been informed that you are the head of Installations at B&Q, Livingston, so I am writing to you to let you know how extremely unhappy I am with the service that I’m experiencing from you.

I have spent in the region of £20,000 (in the Christmas 50% off sale!) in total on a kitchen, bathroom and en-suite shower room purchased from & fitted by yourselves. The fit started on Monday 2 March and as of Friday 13 March is still incomplete.

It has been a catalogue of errors, mis-communication, and delays and an unacceptable “blame” attitude from fitters and B&Q staff i.e. NO customer service!

I have had to make numerous phone calls each day myself to gain information and pass information on to various members of the fitting teams. There is a complete lack of project management and no communication between your teams and the customer. I refer you back to point 6 of your “Customer Information Pack”.

On Monday this week I was told that they tillers and kitchen fitters would be here first thing to complete all the outstanding work. It is now past 10:30am and despite several phone calls to your office and to the fitters themselves, no-one is here yet.

I have since had a call from the kitchen fitter to say they are not coming at all today because they are still waiting for items to finish the job. So for a second weekend, I am left with an incomplete kitchen and bathroom, which has been left in an unacceptable filthy state and unusable.

The rest of my flat and the common entrance hall have also been left in an unacceptable state, despite promising to clean up every time I raised it with them. I enclose a copy of a letter sent by our residents committee regarding the cleaning of the common areas. I will be arranging cleaning of my flat today and will be expecting B&Q to pay the costs.

I have included a list of some of the problems in the hope that I will get an apology and an immediate resolution of the outstanding work.

Outstanding work:

Kitchen

- fit correct length lights under wall units (B&Q to supply correct lights)

- wiring for under wall unit lights to be corrected

- fit door handles (B&Q to supply handles)

- fit pelmets

- fit plinths

- fit up-stands

- box in boiler (B&Q to supply unit & panel)

- fit window ledge (B&Q to supply)

- fit stainless steel sockets (supplied by customer)

- blank off un-used switches (x1 in kitchen x2 in bathrooms)

- secure washing machine

- re-fit kitchen door (joiner needs to take some off bottom so that they close over new tiles)

- remove all rubbish

- CLEAN inside all units, worktops, floor

Bathroom/ En-suite

- check both sink & bath plugs as they don’t seal properly

- change bath panel

- complete tiling

- finish silicone

- re-fit bathroom doors (joiner needs to take some off bottom so that they close over new tiles)

- CLEAN everywhere!

Although the priority is to complete the outstanding work, I would also like to make you aware of some of the other problems we have experienced:

- edging strip missing

- handles missing

- wrong size lights sent (4 x 623mm ordered - should be 3x 524mm 1x 396mm)

- completely wrong diagram given to fitters for en-suite

- bath cracked

- bath waste missing

- extra tiles required (30% extra tiles used above B&Q estimate!)

- kitchen window left open one evening (ground floor flat)

- lights left on each night

- large coffee stain on bedroom carpet

- mis-quoted for tiling costs (B&Q quote £4000+ for a job that a tradesman with over 30 years experience said should cost no more than £2000, also received a second quote of £1200) I will be writing to you separately about this matter.

I would appreciate immediate communication from yourself and resolution of these outstanding works.

Yours sincerely,

• 5 years later...

I just wanted to say I want to offer my sympathies, me and me wife had a bathroom disaster with Homebase, cost us a fortune and when I called them they just did not care at all! To be honest it was really heartless and although this all happened over 3 years ago I am still very bitter. I have posted the full story online, I will post it once I have a 10 or greater post count :-(

These companies should not be allowed to get away with treating people like this, when will the consumer have the rights and power to challenge these massive companies My wife worked three jobs to get out new bathroom and I took every single shift available to me, we are not a rich couple and do not deserve to be treated this way.

Please let me know how BNQ responded to you ??