Goods Purchased from Ebay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i purchased some goods from eBay, a VOIP ATa Adaptor at cost of £38 using Ebay (Buy it now) feature.

Goods arrived, but are of no use, not compatible with the service. on the eBay advert, it did not disclose any makes or models.

Ebay Advert URL below

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350101993446

Emailed the seller saying the goods where no good, he sent me by return email that the goods can’t be returned, unless the goods where not opened

I sent back an email saying I am not happy that the goods are not fit for purpose and he is now ignoring my emails

Made a dispute with PayPal they now ask me to return the goods to the seller at my own costs

Yet from the below url from Ebay re: Distance selling regulations

The seller is responsible for collection due to the fact at the start of the contract the seller did not say the buyer was responsible for the return costs.

Ebay URL

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/consumer-rights/consumer-rights.html

Just amend the bit on DSR - where the return is due to a breach of contract, the 7 days bit and the postage are rescinded. You have the right of return as though you bought it instore, so you need not worry about the 7 days.

Rest reads good. Good luck.

ok thanks.

i have opened a dispute with PayPal but thay insist i pay the return postage.

mad ant it. even Ebay says i dont need to its the seller who has to arrange collection