!st cud have now passed to connoughts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They are very closely linked....one always acts on the behalf of the other.

From my personal experience, I expect they will just keep batting it back and forth everytime you CCA them. I wouldnt be unduly worried about it unless they ever (rarely) come up with the goods.

Just keep disputing the alleged debt and make them prove you owe it...the balance of probabilities is that they dont have the paperwork and they are just chancing their arm.

Should they come up with the documents, post them on here (omitting any personal info) for the folks on here to scrutinise and they can tell you if they are legit and enforceable.

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

They passed me to Connaughts. I sent bemused letter, had an apology from them and they returned it to 1stC who haven't contacted me back.

Connaught sent me an SD on behalf of 1st Credit,I CCA'd them and they returned the debt back to 1st Credit.

That was way back in November 2008 - I haven't heard anything since.

Connaught sent me an SD on behalf of 1st Credit,I CCA'd them and they returned the debt back to 1st Credit.

That was way back in November 2008 - I haven't heard anything since.

This mirrored my experience exactly except that I can beat yours :D Haven't heard anything since August 2008 :cool:

Hi all just a quick update.

I sent the bemused letter on 10th march by recorded delivery. this morning I have recieved a letter from Judge and priestly solicitors saying that connaughts have appointed them to collect the balance owing. It also says on the letter that they will reduce the balance by £900 as a f&f settlement. This letter was sent on the 12th march. Any advice on what to do next?

thanks

Hi all just a quick update.

I sent the bemused letter on 10th march by recorded delivery. this morning I have recieved a letter from Judge and priestly solicitors saying that connaughts have appointed them to collect the balance owing. It also says on the letter that they will reduce the balance by £900 as a f&f settlement. This letter was sent on the 12th march. Any advice on what to do next?

thanks

Ask them to reduce it to £0.00 & then you'll accept ;)

as others have said on varrious threads,they are offering a f/f settlement out of weakness because they prob know theyve nothing against you,people at this juncture can does one of two things,either do nothing and let the stew hoping theres nothing or if want off your back once and for all offer a really low settlement back ,stating that is your final offer,and get all in writing,its purly the individualls choice,

good luck which ever way you choice,

Everyone who has a problem with the way they are being treated by Worst Credit and its incestuous love child Connaught should report them immedaitly to the OFT. They have already had their knuckles wrapped for their behaviour. So if they pass on a disputed debt or threaten legal action whilst in default of your CCA request then REPORT THEM

Everyone who has a problem with the way they are being treated by Worst Credit and its incestuous love child Connaught should report them immedaitly to the OFT. They have already had their knuckles wrapped for their behaviour. So if they pass on a disputed debt or threaten legal action whilst in default of your CCA request then REPORT THEM

Well said ODC:D

Hi all

just a quick update. This morning I have recieved a letter from connaughts basically saying that 1st credit nor the halifax are aware of any dipute on this account! I cca'd wescot last year about this account and it went into default Jan 2008. They are asking for details of the alleged dispute to be forwarded to them. Now 1st crud sent me a dispute/query letter last month and said that it would take 4 weeks but now they are saying the know nothing of a dispute! Something afoot me thinks. Should I forward all the info when I cca'd wescot including the £1 postal order I photocopied (just in case)! they have now confirmed the account has been put on hold and any enforcement activity will be considered. Oh by the way I have reported 1st cud and connaughts to FOS, Ts and OFT.

cheers guys

x

Hi all

just an update on my previous threads about these DCAs. They were still attempting enforcement despite this account being disputed. Their last tactics was to send a letter via judge and Priestly solicitors about payment on the account and offering a discount of £900. this arrived 2 days after a bemused letter was sent to connaughts. Anyway this week a letter arrived from CoNNS stating that neither 1st crud or the OC halifax were aware of any dispute. I CCad wescot last year who sent me all the usual jargon about contacting their client but no CCa ever arrived . It was then passed to several other collectors before 1st crud. All of whom recieved an account in dispute letter. Now they are asking for all evidence of this account being in dispute to be forwarded to them. Should I sent copies of everything to them even the postal order I originally sent(which I copied just in case!).

Any advice appreciated as usual guys and girls,

x

Two threads merged.

mrsmoggy, please stick to the one thread, regarding this situation :)

Thank you.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

sorry

No need to be :) just makes it easier for people to follow and help.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert