Problems with local firm

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Basically my car went into a garage last year as I stupidly ran it so low on oil I managed to completely balls the engine.

A local firm told me it's best to rebuild it etc and that they would give me a 12 month warranty. It hasn't been right since, and after a few months it was still using oil AND starting mis-firing!

It went back and took a ridiculous 2 weeks to get the valves changed, this was after a week of them denying the warranty, telling me that the guy who gave it out had been fired and that even that they had changed trading names so the warranty wasn't valid! I luckily checked on companies house and got their annual return to confront them but they denied saying it and honoured the warranty.

Anyway, I got it back, took it straight for an MOT, and it failed on emissions!! (It's a 3 year old car by the way).

It failed on Hydrocarbon, Carbon monoxide and lambda.

Anyway it went back in, they first wanted to swap the engine but they conveniently couldn't give me any paperwork for the new engine... so they said they'd rebuild again, after another two weeks of phoning and chasing them up and the guy telling me numerous times it's in pieces and bits are in his hands and they are waiting on parts etc, we drive up there to find it locked out the back in a lock up, UNTOUCHED, and the boss on holiday!! F*cking ridiculous!

Anyway, after a grand total of 4 1/2 weeks I got the car back, straight to MOT centre, and AGAIN failed on Carbon Monoxide emissions!!!!!

Surely I can't be expected to return the car to these monkeys again? Since day 1 they have had my car for a total of 10 weeks, and if I give it back again, they will just string me along giving me bull**** stories and it will back and probably still not be fixed!

Can I get it fixed elsewhere now under the circumstances and bill them, or how do I proceed?

Thanks!

Phil

UPDATE -

Claim submitted, HSBC have until May 13th to Acknowledge.

what is the make model and year of the vehicle, what is the symptoms you are seeing, what exact work has been carried out, What HC and CO and λ values did you get? also where abouts are you? and why did my font change suddenly? doesn`t sound like you are having much luck with these cowboys so do the basics yourself if possible, buy a haynes manual and borrow some tools check the cam timing if the engine has been apart( its easy to put it back on one or 2 teeth out and get poor emissions/performance), borrow a compression tester and check you are getting adequate compression on all cylinders, change and gap the the plugs and change the leads and dizzy cap as applicable, make sure there isnt too much oil in it and take it for an italian tunup (rag the arse out it through the gears, drive it like a boy racer to get the catalytic converter red hot do burn the contamination off the substrate) and take it into a garage and get the emissions checked and see if they are any better. another possibility is the thermostat or the coolant temerature sensor failing making the car think the engine is always cold so the "choke" (warmup enrichment)is always on. does your temp gauge ever rise off cold?