Cattles suspends lending through Welcome finance

PGH7447
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst never a customer, after reading stories on here, Id like to say -

ROFLMAO

Live by the sword, die by the sword, may you and all your kind have a miserable year

(with the possible exception of some of their lower level employees, of course)

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

What is it with Nottingham?

We have Capital One (plah!) Experian (PLAHPLAH!) and Welcome Finance, which I didn't even know!:

Welcome Finance firm suspends more directors

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Credit Today online

Cattles suspends more directors - 10/03/2009

Cattles has suspended three more directors as an inquiry into its impairment provisions deepens.

The lender has issued suspensions to finance director James Corr and chief operating officer Ian Cummine, who is also chairman of Welcome Financial Services, along with Adrian Cummings, compliance and risk director for Welcome Financial Services, pending the outcome of the review.

The move follows the suspensions of Welcome Financial Services’ managing director John Blake, finance director Peter Miller and operations director Mick Belcher last week as part of the impairment review.

etcetc

way to go peeps:D

Cattles, the consumer loans group, admitted today that it had breached its banking covenants, prompting another profit warning, and suspended three more key directors from its credit business after uncovering a "breakdown" in its internal controls

Cattles suspends three more directors in probe - Times Online

What is it with Nottingham?

I think the reason Nottingham has (or had because they are falling like dominos now) so many of these call centres is because they deemed the midlands accent the most accessible to the entire country, also local government incentives.

On the streets Nottingham has always been a fairly radical area; the castle was burnt down by the locals once...

Nothing wrong with Nottingham , other than the crap that seems to have congregated here ie Crapone-Experian and Welcome Finance, forget burning the castle down !

Revolt I say :D

Notts

As a great man once said " All Men Can Fly But Some Only in One Direction"

Notts

Nothing wrong with Nottingham , other than the crap that seems to have congregated here ie Crapone-Experian and Welcome Finance, forget burning the castle down !

Revolt I say :D

Notts

Wot! You mean if we concentrate ALL of the ordnance in 1 place we'd be doing us all a favour:shock:............. how absolutely spiffing .........chocks away then:-D

Wot! You mean if we concentrate ALL of the ordnance in 1 place we'd be doing us all a favour:shock:............. how absolutely spiffing .........chocks away then:-D

1734: Nottingham cheese riot, bowled the Mayor over with a 100lb cheese.

http://britishpages.org/britblog/#nabble-td2410361

Cheese would be better... :D

Edited by sosumi
spling n' grmr! :D

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

There's a good article in today's Times

Here's part of it:-

Cattles, led by David Postings, its chief executive, said it would have to seek covenant waivers from its debt providers — a 22-bank consortium led by Royal Bank of Scotland. Barclays, Lloyds Banking Group and HSBC are also among lenders to Cattles, which has been struggling to refinance a £500 million loan due in July.

Yesterday's suspensions meant that Cattles has removed six directors from their daily duties within the past seven days. Five of these have been at Welcome Financial Services, its principal lending business, which has more than 500,000 customers. Ian Cummine, Welcome's founding chairman and Cattles chief operating officer, was among those suspended yesterday. James Corr, group finance director, also had his duties put on hold, along with Adrian Cummings, Welcome's compliance and risk director.

Last week Cattles said that John Blake, Welcome's managing director, Peter Miller, its finance director, and Mick Belcher, operations director, had been suspended pending the outcome of the inquiry. Cattles said yesterday that “significant progress” had been made with the review. A conclusion is expected in the next couple of weeks.

It is understood that Cattles has breached covenants that necessitated interest payments on its debt being covered 1.75 times by earnings. Mr Postings has previously expressed hope that at least some of its loans could be rolled over. Although Cattles has admitted that internal controls and accounting practices have been breached, details of what took place are unlikely to emerge until the review has ended.

Cattles has been targeting borrowers who want to renew loans and collects about £80 million a month in payments. The shares, which have collapsed from highs of 400p, fell a further 13 per cent to 2.13p as the company said that it would incur “significant losses” for the financial year 2008.

The full article is at http://tinyurl.com/c2ru38

My posts are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. You should seek the advice of a qualified insured professional.

OH and I are interested in buying it...for £1 from the receiver and with no responsibility for repayment of existing debts.

We'll give a repayment holiday to everyone who needs one and reduce the interest rates to everyone.

My posts are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. You should seek the advice of a qualified insured professional.

OH and I are interested in buying it...for £1 from the receiver and with no responsibility for repayment of existing debts.

We'll give a repayment holiday to everyone who needs one and reduce the interest rates to everyone.

My mam will be pleased :D lol

Be good to yourself, when nobody else will

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I forgot to say we'd also get rid off the nasty call centre staff who harass people on the telephone.

Im putting in a bid of £1.01 for Welcome:D

Huh! That's not nice! I expressed my interest first! :)

Do you mean to say you've worked out what PWC couldn't get to grips with? That must mean you aren't an accountant! You can't be a banker either! (I'm neither) :)

Will you come in as the Finance Director - you obviously have a better grasp of the numbers than "the professionals".

I was just doing my morning ritual and reading some of the boards/discussions on Cattles on some investor sites.

The day traders (bottom feeders) are even scared to buy at 1p/2p a share. They claim its over valued at the moment and should be trading at 0.02 per share as a punt ONLY :D

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.