Zoot v Halifax Mortgages ***SETTLED IN FULL*** *

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Excellent news, well done to you! What an inspiration you are to everyone in the same boat!

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh Thanks for all you heart warming comments... I'm filling up!

A donation will be on its way as soon as I actually get my hands on the money! If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't have even considered reclaiming it. I'm well chuffed because its my first claim and I knew it wasn't as straight forward as the bank charges. I was sceptical at first but the more I looked ino the more I was convinced that ERCs are unlawful penalties. So LTWFB I'm sure I won't be the last!

I'll be watching the rest of your claims with interest, I think I've subscribed to most of the threads in this section! I'm sure Halifax are pussy cats in comparison to others lenders people are taking on particularly Kensington and GMAC so I'll be supporting you all the way.

I'm currently with GMAC and am already thinking about taking them on... once I've cleaned up my credit history and remortgaged...

I hope I've given you all a little more confidence to carry on your claims and wish you all every success!

All the best

Zoot

Hi Gina,

It was the LBA template with appropriate changes for ERC. I didn't add any legal bits simply referred 'to as outlined in previous letter' after the bit about being contrary to common law and statutes.

There's not really a great deal to add at this stage other than outline the fact that they could save themselves the cost and inconvenience of a court claim if they pay up now. But its unlikely they will payout before court in any event.

Hope this helps

Zoot

Congrats Zoot,

Well chuffed for you. Before I started reading the forums on this site I was, I expect, like so many; just accepting that because I had signed an agreement I was tied into unfair terms and conditions. Now I know.

Great stuff.

We haven't got the money, so we've got to think!

Ernest Rutherford

A & L

Data Protection Act Letter sent 11/08/06

Data rec'd 14/09/06, Prelim letter sent 16/09/06

LBA sent 22/09/06, MCOL 6QZ68670 issued 2/10/06 - chq for £6,375.34 rec'd 04/11/06.

sweet.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but rather the size of the fight in the dog..:D

MBNA SETTLED IN FULL £216.00

Preffered Mortgages Ltd MCOL going in for £3.5K

Nationwide £702.00, SETTLED IN FULL.

excellent news Zoot, my MCOL is due to be done very soon. Just as soon as i have the court fees.

Could you pls post the wording you used on your claim.

Many thanks

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Hi Martin,

This is what I used. It just about fits when you add the standard bit about interest

I am claiming the return of money taken by the defendant in the way of a redemption penalty charge on xx/xx/xxxx from account no xxxx. This charge relates to my breach of contract in that I terminated the contract before the agreed period. The defendant's charge for my breach is a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as it is contrary to common law as established in Dunlop Pneumatic Tyre Co Ltd v New Garage and Motor Co Ltd [1915] AC 79. Further, as a disproportionate penalty it is invalid under the Unfair (Contracts) Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. Para.8 and sch.2(1)(e). I have repeatedly asked the defendant to justify their charges but they have declined to do so.

Hope this helps

Zoot

Thanks Zoot thats an enormous help

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

allo just a kwik hello to everyone, just want to say how informative this thread is and congrats to zoot for his success ive just enjoyed success with capital one and have a claim ongoing with halifax. but after reading this business involving ercs iam going after birmingham midshires and the chelsea biulding society. keep you all updated cheers biffa

can someone please help me here:(.

I have received my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) back and caculate as follows.

unpaid direct debit fee £30 x 4 = £120

Arrears fee £45 x 7 = £315

Deeds fee £40 x 1 = £40

ERC = £488.70

Total so far of £963.17

Thing is i have more charges for things on this statement and was wondering what i could claim for.

Redemtion statement fee £15 x 6 = £90

Statement fee £25 x 1 = £25

Final reminder default notice fee £25 x 1 = £25

Higher lending charge £528

Completion fee £495

1st solicitors letter £25

solicitors fees £481.23

solicitors fees again £229.78

Redemtion admin fee £210

can i claim for any of these, please help.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but rather the size of the fight in the dog..:D

MBNA SETTLED IN FULL £216.00

Preffered Mortgages Ltd MCOL going in for £3.5K

Nationwide £702.00, SETTLED IN FULL.

Well done Zoot - and What a great thread.

Beserka - I'm on the trail of Igroup now - what happened to you? The ***** tried to repossess my £300k house for being £600 in arrears. By the time I got tp court, it was over £1200 inc the charges.

Just won V Lloyds so will turn my attention to ERP and Igroup.

Cheers

WoooHoooo I have spent all morning searching for the redemption statement from Abbey when I remortgaged my house in 2004. ERC of £2119.00 was charged so time to write a nice letter to Abbey asking for that back :)

Hope you don't mind if I borrow your letters for it zootscoot. I promise you can have them back afterwards :p

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

Zoot,

This thread has really fired me up. Our house has changed hands between my wife and I a few times in recent years, always with a hefty redemption fee. Last one was about 12k. That time the property was repossessed and we got back in within a month after my wife's new mortgage completed. Does the repossession affect a claim in any way, do you think? (I will have to check the paperwork but I imagine they'll be a few penalty charges accrued as well).

Wolf,

I'm concentrating on A&L at the moment.

Yup, IGroup are horrors, I fell in arrears with them but avoided (just) the repossesion process by arranging another mortgage with (don't laugh) Kensington, who seem to have either morphed into Devonshires (or more likely, sold the portfolio on), but that was before I found this site. Now I am trying to clean up my credit history so's I can get back to the "High St" lenders and get away from these bandits. I think IGroup might just go all the way because the ERC, or whatever it's called on a secured loan, was quite large.

We haven't got the money, so we've got to think!

Ernest Rutherford

A & L

Data Protection Act Letter sent 11/08/06

Data rec'd 14/09/06, Prelim letter sent 16/09/06

LBA sent 22/09/06, MCOL 6QZ68670 issued 2/10/06 - chq for £6,375.34 rec'd 04/11/06.