First National Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i took out a loan with first national several years ago, and in the process of claiming back charges they applied to my account with them,

what i am not sure about is i settled the loan off before its end date, and going over the statements have come across a section where they have added on future charges, after speaking to them it turns out to be because i had settled the loan off early they added the interest onto the settlement figure if it had run its course, after taking the rebate of left a balance of £546.36 intrest to pay on top of the loan, this been the interest they would of made from me if i had not settled early, and have informed me that this is the type of loan i took out with them, does anyone know if i can claim this back, after all they still got their money back, plus the interest they made of me while i had the loan, and also redemtion fees because i settled early, and also another charge of £59.23 further settlement interest charge,

has anyone got any adice on this and if i can claim this back, many thanks

i took out a loan with first national several years ago, and in the process of claiming back charges they applied to my account with them,

what i am not sure about is i settled the loan off before its end date, and going over the statements have come across a section where they have added on future charges, after speaking to them it turns out to be because i had settled the loan off early they added the interest onto the settlement figure if it had run its course, after taking the rebate of left a balance of £546.36 intrest to pay on top of the loan, this been the interest they would of made from me if i had not settled early, and have informed me that this is the type of loan i took out with them, does anyone know if i can claim this back, after all they still got their money back, plus the interest they made of me while i had the loan, and also redemtion fees because i settled early, and also another charge of £59.23 further settlement interest charge,

Hi Stevvieboi,

When you settle a loan early they can use differnet ways to calculate the settlement figure. It depends on what date the loan was taken out to as to which method they will use to Calculate the settlement.

I had charges of around £750 added onto my settlement figure when I settled a loan early, I fought it and did get it refunded , as a gesture of Goodwill of course..

If you can let us know what date the loan was taken out then I will be able to look into what method they would have used to calculate the settlement figure.

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

• 1 year later...

looking for some advice, i settled a loan i ad with first national, but am now going about claiming charges applied to the account, on one form which was my settlement figure i have noticed it hhas got £1902.84 in the settlement figure, for future charges, which has been paid.

Does anyone know what they mean by future charges, and if i can claim this back

thanks for any advice folks

Edited by stevvieboi

looking for some advice, i settled a loan i ad with first national, but am now going about claiming charges applied to the account, on one form which was my settlement figure i have noticed it hhas got £1902.84 in the settlement figure, for future charges, which has been paid.

Does anyone know what they mean by future charges, and if i can claim this back

thanks for any advice folks

• 2 years later...

what i am not sure about is i settled the loan off before its end date, and going over the statements have come across a section where they have added on future charges, a charge of 1902.84 after speaking to them it turns out to be because i had settled the loan off early they added the interest onto the settlement figure if it had run its course, after taking the rebate of left a balance of £546.36 intrest to pay on top of the loan, this been the interest they would of made from me if i had not settled early, and have informed me that this is the type of loan i took out with them, does anyone know if i can claim this back, after all they still got their money back, plus the interest they made of me while i had the loan, and also redemtion fees because i settled early, and also another charge of £59.23 further settlement interest charge,

also the misselling of ppi, was informed i would not get the loan if i did not take out the ppi, which was paid by them upfront, but added to my account, the ppi running the course of the loan, even when i paid it of early, i did make a claim on the ppi, which was paid, but can i still claim on this for the misselling?

Hi

You can claim back the PPI and the interest relevant to that plus 8% statutory interest on the amounts paid. Have a read of No.1 in my signature

As regards the interest bit and the type of loan you had, you will need to look at the T&Cs

Do you have all the paperwor for the loan and the statements?

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

• 9 months later...

hi does anyone know who now deals with first national, i took a loan out with them several years ago, and now cant find any trace of them, to claim back the mis sold ppi, i thought it might have being ge capitol/money that may now have the details, any ideas anyone

cheers

type in

first national

in our search top right

there have been some successes.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi folks,

i am trying to pursue a missold ppi by first national bank,

i found an old credit report which shows fnb on my credit history and the address they were trading under,

i have googled the address and got the phone number which i have called, and it has given me a new number to call with ge money,

so i now know to pursue them,

i also have had copies of my statements sent out, with various charges on it.

My ppi at the time of sale was applied for in full and the cost was applied to my loan,

however i am not quite sure how much i paid for the ppi policy,

i think it was around £1500-£2000 which was to run the length of the course of the loan,

even though i settled early, also by settling early they applied future charges to the settlement of £1902.84 can this be claimed back

and what would be my next step with regards to the ppi

any help would be appreciated thanks

several successes with first national

see our search top right.

yes you can reclaim.

see no.1. below

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 years later...

hi folks,

looking for some advice if anyone can help,

i took out a loan which was done through first national bank,

i have a old statement of account,

not the main application,

but not sure if it was first national or a broker going through first national,

but i do remember ppi being added to the loan for the full amount,

loan and full charge for ppi added on top of loan,

does anyone know who has taken over first national,

see posts saying its GE and others saying Santander,

and if i have a valid claim

any help will be much appreciated thank you

and they