OOH no speeding fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got stopped a few weeks back in the Highlands, 44mph in a 30. Small village less than 1/4 stretch of 30 zone. Own fault and accept the blame.

when charged the officer said I would be reported for the offence as he had no fixed penalty tickets left....buzy mr plod

However, today a neighbour handed me a letter she thought may have been for me. My house is No13 the letter was No73. When I opened it it has all my details and the offence, including mg dvla driver number. Its giving me the option of the 3 points and £60.

My question is do I forget about the letter as technicaly I havent received it and let the work out where they went wrong.

Clean licence for longer !!

did i read somewhere they must charge within 6months or was that for gatso offences

any help would be GREAT

However, the summons also has to be served and presumably that would also go to the wrong address.

Clean licence for longer !!

did i read somewhere they must charge within 6months or was that for gatso offences

For speeding, points on the licence run from date of offence, not date of conviction.

In Scotland, the 6 month limit is to get to the first court hearing (pleading diet); in England/Wales it is to lay information for the issue of the summons. This applies to summary offences generally.

they would just convict in absence. cheaper to pay the CoFP (unless there is a totting up issue at the back and overlap means something to the poster).

Any conviction where the summons was not served would be set aside on application. It may then be too late to issue a new summons.

Even if the Court allows the new summons as a 'continuation', the OP can argue that he is being unfairly penalised by the failure of both the PC concerned to have FPNs and the failure of the system to serve an FPN - which he would argue he would have paid at that time. The Court should then revert to the FPN penalty. As this is Scotland, I am pretty sure that there are no costs awards involved.

IOW, it may be worth the risk to ignore at this stage.

Well, if I didn't know about the letterto start with I would be in the dark of its excistence. Then non the wiser I would have assumed the pf didnt procced with the case? I think its a 50/50 gamble tho. Clean licence never been charged before.

HGV driver so clean ticket is amust in todays climate