Posted all reqyuest for charges

carl _wall
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just finally got down to sending all my letters to banks ref charges, i sent one letter to Halifax requesting on 10 diff accounts. one to marbels, one to barclaycard which is my wifes along with one for her Halifax Acc.

I will keep you informed on response times

:)

Barclays £180-LBA Sent after response from Prelims letter (Response offered £72 as goodwill)

Marbles £385-Respnse from LBA Letter (Response offered £200 as goodwill)

Halifax Morgage £430-LBA Sent after response from Prelims letter (No Response)

Halifax C/C - £275-LBA Sent after response from Prelim Letter (Response No Offer)

Halifax B/A - £1004-LBA Sent after response from Prelims letter (No Response)

Halifax B/A - £746-LBA Sent after response from Prelims letter (No Response)

Halifax B/A - £210-LBA Sent after response from Prelim Letter (Response Offered £80 F&F)Halifax B/A - £961-LBA Sent after response from Prelims letter (No Response)

Halifax C/C - £120-LBA Sent after response from Prelim Letter (Response No Offer)

Halifax C/C - £325-LBA Sent after response from Prelim Letter (Response No Offer)

I only sent £10 for each letter, i know i had ten accounts in total over last 6 yrs, should i sent £10 for each acc

Carl

Barclays £180-LBA Sent after response from Prelims letter (Response offered £72 as goodwill)

Halifax C/C - £275-LBA Sent after response from Prelim Letter (Response No Offer)

Halifax B/A - £210-LBA Sent after response from Prelim Letter (Response Offered £80 F&F)Halifax B/A - £961-LBA Sent after response from Prelims letter (No Response)

Halifax C/C - £120-LBA Sent after response from Prelim Letter (Response No Offer)

Halifax C/C - £325-LBA Sent after response from Prelim Letter (Response No Offer)

Thanks for your help so far

http://www.bankactiongroup.helpwithmypc.com/resources/BankCharges.xls

Is this the correct link i would use when writing the next letter to them (Preliminary approach). Is that my schedule of charges

The £10 is what i am asking for back, cause the charges normally range from £25 to £35

• 2 weeks later...

So far the four letters with the four chqs i sent requestung bank charges have all been taken and cashed so lets hope the are working hard on all 14 different accounts.

They have responded to my letter reference my 10 Halifax accounts.

This is the letter I received from HBOS I guess they will send me statements and I will have to work out the charges my self but what does the bit with manual intervention mean.

Dear Sir/Madam

Completion of Request for a list of Transactions and charges – D/********-*, D/********-*, D/********-*, D/********-*, 7?*******-*,5401 **** **** ****, 4556**** **** ****, 4049 **** **** ****, 4049 **** **** ****.

Thanks for your letter requesting information on your accounts with us. I can confirm that copies of duplicate statements have been ordered and will be sent unser separate cover.

With regard to your request for information relating to manual intervention on yor account HBOS plc is under no statutory obligation to record this information and therefore, I am unable to assist further on your request.

Should you have any general account queries, please contact 24 hour banking on 08457 20 30 40

Details of how we use your data can be found on the internet under the security and privacy section at www.halifax.co.uk or www.bakofscotland.co.uk. If you would like a copy of the registered Data Protection Notification details, this can be found at www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk. Alternatively, please let me know if you would like me to forwardd a copy of either to you

Yours Faithfully

Nicola Inett

Data Protection Consultant

Business Risk - Retail

With regard to your request for information relating to manual intervention on yor account HBOS plc is under no statutory obligation to record this information and therefore, I am unable to assist further on your request.

Hmmm, that's a cop-out. Just because they aren't under any obligation to record it dosen't mean they haven't done. If they have you should get it. If they don't hold the information then they should tell you they don't hold it.

P.

Northern Rock; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered. Recieved details of 6 yrs charges on 8th. Wrote back asking whether or not they hold information going back further than that.

MBNA; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06

Barclays; S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent 11/8/06 - Del 14/8/06

Diners Club; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06. Recieved form to fill and return with fee on 17/8/06. Sent form back, delivered 4/9/06.

Intelligent Finance; Prelim letter emailed 16/08/06, claiming £318. Email recieved from "Anne-Marie" 17/8/06 saying my email has been passed to Customer Relations dept. Fob-off letter received 23/8/06, letter sent in return same day - Delivered 24/8/6 Recieved letter offer 25% settelement - refused - LBA sent. MCOL on 10th revcieved notification that they intend to defend on 13th. 06/9/2006 WON!!!!!!

So where do you think i stand, i am guessing i will have to go through all my statements and find all charges

If there is anythign they haven't provided that you have requested write back and tell them you want it or you want them to tell you they don't hold it. Tell their 40 days is still running and if you don't get a satisfactory answer within that time you will report them to the information comissioner. Send it recorded and put the charge for the letter on your claim.

P.

Northern Rock; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered. Recieved details of 6 yrs charges on 8th. Wrote back asking whether or not they hold information going back further than that.

MBNA; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06

Barclays; S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent 11/8/06 - Del 14/8/06

Diners Club; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06. Recieved form to fill and return with fee on 17/8/06. Sent form back, delivered 4/9/06.

Intelligent Finance; Prelim letter emailed 16/08/06, claiming £318. Email recieved from "Anne-Marie" 17/8/06 saying my email has been passed to Customer Relations dept. Fob-off letter received 23/8/06, letter sent in return same day - Delivered 24/8/6 Recieved letter offer 25% settelement - refused - LBA sent. MCOL on 10th revcieved notification that they intend to defend on 13th. 06/9/2006 WON!!!!!!

When they do a manual intervention what would this be. also i have recieved a letter back from Barclays ref to my wifes account. there is only a total of 10 charges 1 charge was refunded, my next move is to do the letter with

http://www.bankactiongroup.helpwithmypc.com/resources/BankCharges.xls

Will i ask for £10 for each charge and interest

Thanks at least the are getting back slowly

Carl

Hi Carl,

The fact that they have not provided any info on manual intervention is exactly what you want to hear.

This means that they are basically admitting they can not prove that their charges are a true reflection of costs. So there is no point in pursuing this further and they are not obliged to supply the info under a SAR, but should it get to court (unlikely) you can ask them to disclose this info and their failure to do so will not be looked upon favourably by the court and will certainly go in your favour in assessing whether the charges amount to penalties.

I'm not sure what you mean about 10.00 for each charge?

The Statements i recieved from Barclaycard for my wife had 10 charges and 1 was refunded, The charges were all for £20. Is this correct below with the bank template along with the letter or do i put £20. The template says £10 Preliminary approach for repayment

Letter - Preliminary approach for repayment.

****** Wall

Barclaycard4929************

SCHEDULE OF CLAIM FOR CHARGESPERIOD: 23/5/05 - 21/07/2006

In Respect of: Amount Date Incurred Days since offence Interest 8% APR

EXCEED LIMIT CHARGE £10.00 21/06/2005 420 £0.92

LATE PAYMENT CHARGE £10.00 21/11/2005 267 £0.59

EXCEED LIMIT CHARGE £10.00 21/11/2005 267 £0.59

LATE PAYMENT CHARGE £10.00 21/12/2005 237 £0.52

EXCEED LIMIT CHARGE £10.00 21/12/2005 237 £0.52

LATE PAYMENT CHARGE £10.00 23/01/2006 204 £0.45

EXCEED LIMIT CHARGE £10.00 23/01/2006 204 £0.45

LATE PAYMENT CHARGE £10.00 21/02/2006 175 £0.39

EXCEED LIMIT CHARGE £10.00 21/02/2006 175 £0.39

£90.00 £4.81 £94.81

Sorry to keep asking, is there a template for charges with contractual rate instead.I have changed all to £20.

Also i had two MBNA accounts and my wife had 1, They are both closed now. Over the full running of the accounts we had a few charges. The thing is the short settled on all three accounts in total the balances were approx £11000 we only paid 52% back. £6000 approx so we saved a fair wack, is it worth us pushing these for the charges too. or just be happy they short settled. They could n't ask for any money back

Thanks for all your help so far. I did spend a week or so reading the full website but just worried about ballsing up.

Carl

There is no template as different banks charge different rates you just change the 8% to whatever yur bank charges.

As to whether you should claim your charges when they've let you off nearly half- that is entirely up to your own good conscience!

The charges are unlawful irrespective of whether they let you off some of the debt - they no doubt set this loss off somewhere. The two issues are separate.

Part payment of a debt is not a binding settlement unless made by deed, or at the creditor's request the part payment is made either before the due date, with a chattel (a thing), or to a different destination. Also if the part payment was made as part of a composite agreement including other creditors then the part payment will be enforceable. Otherwise they can theoretically chase you for the money, although in practice most settlements are adhered to by the banks... however, if you disturb the bees nest.... who knows?

The decision ultimately is yours

Zoot

I think i will leave MBNA, A Debt paid off saving a lot of money.

I am sending my prelim letter to Barclays with no interest on spreadsheet as expalined in step by steb guide.

Marbles have replied today, they have produced all statemente and i have gone through them all in total there are 25 different charges. They have refunded about 6. Should i minus the ones off, (The date corresponds with certain ones they hav refunded)

Thanks

Carl

Hi guys!

This might sound like a stupid question but who do i address my preliminary letter to (my local branch?) and who should i make the £10 cheque payable to? I'm trying to get my charges back from HSBC but don't know how much they have robbed me of in the last 6 years...

Help please!

Send the letter to your local branch and make the cheque payable to the bank.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Good on your mate Hope it goes well, People on this site are so helpful to. I have so far requestd on three Accounts still waiting for statements on my closed accounts

Carl

Hi,

I have finally gone through all my Account statements from Halifax. 9 Accs. After working out all the charges (there is alot) shall i send individual letters. or can i send one envolpe by recorded delivery, and seperate each account with prelim letter in a sperate envolope with acc no on front, will save on money one recored del. instead of 9

Will let you know with figures after doing all on chart off consumer website. Thanks

Carl

Just gone through just wondering where i stand with Halifax Acc, on my statement a few charges say "Charges as Notified" some are multiple in one charge some are £90 some are £28 some are £56. how do i write on proof of charge sheet.

Carl

Hi Carl,

It will be OK to stick them all in one envelope.

Halifax are notorious for not giving reasons for their charges. In my spreadsheet I just put the date and amount of charge and just wrote charge for all of them. In the unlikely event that it goes to court you can request further info at the allocation questionnaire stage.

Zoot

• Confused 1