Another claim - **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well now, what can I say. Guess what came in the post this morning......100% offer in settlement from DLA Piper!!!!! I danced a merry jig I can tell you. Just going out to the BAG BBQ so will post in more detail for you in the next couple of days.

Judging from this comicmankev, nnelson, karnevil and anyone else the same will be on the way to you.

I cannot tell you how happy I am. I feel an oscar winner's speech coming on!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations!!

Fantastic news.

Please complete our bank charges survey.

And a donation would be greatly appreciated... if you don't spend it all on beer at the BBQ of course! :)

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Congratulations. Have a drink for me.

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

By the by; can you had the details to the litigation concluded, so I can add your case to my list when we have the set aside hearing; whenever that will be.

Thanks and enjoy the BBQ

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

sorry to but in so late in your thread, but have dla piper got to reveal the details of their alloation questionnaire on request? i've got a pre-lim hearing in a month, and that information would certainly help.

steter from dover, successfully reclaimed £2700 from Abbey thanks to THIS website

Congratulations, fantastic news!!!

Ive been following your thread. A long wait but worth it!!!

Hoooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!

LIP:D :D :D :D :D

ABBEY

DPALetter received by bank on 100406.

£10 Cheque cashed by shABBEY on 200406.

14 statements received between 8-10 0506.

40 day limit reached on 19/5/06.

LBA sent special delivery on 20/5/06

7 days up on the 270506 for the LBA

Prelim approach for repayment for an estimated amt sent. 14 days up on the 200606.

DPAorder for NON-Compliance served 220606. Expires 060706

Final LBA sent, 14 days will be up on the 060706.

Defence from shABBEY received for DPANon compliance 050706

Financial claim deemed served to shABBEY on the 220706

AQ for DPANon Compliance handed in to court on 24706

Defence and 50% offer for Financial claim received 140806

AQ for Financial Claim received 170806

AQ for finacial claim handed in 010906

Hearing 4 amended claim 270906

Fast track Allocation 270906

Disclosure ordered 191006

shabbey failed to disclose 191006

She arrived at the BAG party with a massive grin on her face!

Congrats again joneshousehold!

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

I seem to be slightly behind you. My AQ is due on the 15th July. I e-mailed DLA on the 4th to tell them I was putting in my AQ in the 12th and got the automated reply that David Cook was out of the office. Also my previous e-mail rejecting their offer on 24th June hasn't been acknowledged. Don't know whether to e-mail again saying they have 5days left to refund 100% and save us another £100. What does anyone think?

Hiya Eileen, I'm Angela. Dave ( your son) was telling me about you claiming too. Good luck. I'm haven't come as far as you, i've only sent my LBA's last week, but I am determined to get my cash back as it is rather a lot. Hope you get a 100% offer before you have to go anywhere near court. Once Again good luck! ;)

RBOS: Fob off letter recieved 28th June.

LBA for £2,690 & LBA for £3,240 sent 1st July. Replt to LBA'S recieved 14/7/06......fob off again!!! watch this space

:lol: MCOL submitted 19/07/06 :cool:

Hello there

Have just read the whole of your file what a success well done you for not giving in to the b........s. We are just setting off on the journey myself and my hubby. We are claiming back charges of £11,000 plus interest!! I think Abbey will probably have a seizure when they receive our letter which should be tomorrow morning. Luckily, we have got all of the 6 years statements from them and have opened a bank account somewhere else in case. I think in view of what you say (we have an overdraft on our account) I will arrange for monies paid in and monies going out to be moved to the new account in case Abbey get a bit nasty and decide to try and take the overdraft facility away.

Since I requested the statements we have had a letter from Abbey saying that they have noticed a changed in our account and the way it is being run (namely there have been no bank charges!!! and they may have to consider withdrawing the overdraft facility in view of the changes) oh what a surprise!!!

Any useful tips you may have along the way would be very gratefully received. Once again congratulations.

Catherine

:D :D :DMoney in account £13216.66!!!!

GMAC - stmnts rec'vd letter requesting £1662 refund of chrges MCOL on line being issued for ERC

SPML - issued MCOL on 21.11.06!

Kensington - statements received letter requesting £2455.55 refund of charges issuing MCOL for ERC

MBNA - refund £341 offered-sent letter requesting refund of £3846.59 charges!!!!!!

Capital One-going to issue MCOL for £1243!

Thanks everyone for your congrats - although we haven't got the money yet and I am always cautious where the bank is concerned.

Blueskies is spot on, I had an enormous grin when we got to the party. We really did dance a jig in the hall when we read the letter and we had a whale of a time at the BAG party too!

Catherine - that's an awful lot of money you are claiming. Firstly can I say, you must have suffered terribly during the last 6 years. I hope those dark days are past. Have you started your own thread? If not, get one going. If you have a thread and you've not had much response you will need to get a moderator to help you as this will be beyond the small claims court and you are vulnerable to costs in court. You need to plan this carefully. I will have a look later (a lot to catch up on with being away this weekend) to see how you are getting on. I sincerely wish you very good luck with this, I think after those 6 years you need it.

Well done JonesHH - that's fantastic news :D :D

All your hard work has paid off !! Literally !!

Janey

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk

The Consumer Action Group

Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.

Well well done great news!!!!!!!! Congrats to JonesHH I bet this morning was a bit delicate after the weekend but who cares with that to celebrate. Lets hope that the rest of us who are at the AQ stage have the same result.

I was getting quite down 2day thinking about it all and is it really all worth it, canI really afford another£100 etc etc but reading your news has really put me back on track, determined as ever And I've got a smile again!!!!!!! Congratulations again.

DLA Piper's letter said they had instructed Abbey to pay into our account and asked us to acknowledge when received. It wasn't in today so I shall just have to keep checking. DLA Piper have assumed we will accept, they didn't even wait for us to say we would accept or anything.

Today's development. As instructed I went to the cash machine to check if the money had gone into the account and hey presto - it swallowed my card saying I wasn't authorised to use it! Now to say I am angry is an understatement.

About a week ago we had a letter from someone at the bank saying the cards etc were to be returned because we took all our money out up to the level of the overdraft and told them the refund would cover it. A couple of charges added caused the usual problems. (They haven't cancelled a standing order as we instructed - it's only £5 but we all know about the bank's zero tolerance) We have spoken a couple of times to someone at the bank and they have seemed generally disinterested but I did make them put a note on the records about what was happening. I had also sent an email yesterday to tell them to get this stopped as we need to check the account AND to complain about the fact that they have clearly not checked their records properly.

I can feel a compensation claim coming on. Also I am inclined to tell DLA Piper that as we cannot check the balance now, we shall have to continue with the action in court. I need to regain my composure however to make sure I don't say something stupid!

• Confused 1

I understand the legal position to be that until you withdraw the claim, it continues. I would write to DLA telling them what happened and stating in words of one syllable that unless their client stops playing games, you will see them in court.

I imagine that they will move to sort this out pretty quickly but it does go to show just how poor this bank can be.

Congratulations Jones:grin:

Im following in your footsteps. Great thread - love the anger!

Sign the Phil Whitmore petition: http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/ :)

Abbey Current Account claim for charges £1307.11

26/01/07 Awaiting court date

25/01/07 Courts lost my file!! Said it will be sorted soon

23/11/06 Defence recieved from Abbey

20/11/06 Statements a full 6 years received

16/11/06 AQ completed & submitted

30/11/06 Claim number 6SQ06250 recieved from courts

24/10/06 Claim submitted to courts x3 copies

21/08/06 Prelim letter asking for it back, sent to Pam Speed. 14 days up 05/09/06.

21/08/06 Data Protection Act non compliance letter sent. 7 days up 29/08/06

11/07/06 Reply to Pam Speed Data Protection Act fob off letter.

10/07/06 Data Protection Act fob off letter received from Abbey. dated 06/07/06.

29/06/06 Data Protection Act statement request sent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks