£200 so far on going 19p over my limit...

dobbing
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was within my overdraft limit, but they took a £5 charge which took me 19p over the limit, I phoned them a while ago, they keep sending me letters saying they are looking at it, but so far I have racked up ~£200 charges. Friday they sent me an Income and expenditure booklet, that they want to fill in, because I said I couldn't afford the charges. Not that I would pay if I could afford them....

Is this the only route I can take?

Ta

Garry

Go into a branch and kick up a fuss if necessary. Quietly ask to see the manager, if told he isn't available ask to make an appointment.

Writing to them is useless, as is phoning them. You need to get the manager to reverse these charges - the other alternative is to send a 7 day notice of legal action letter to them

It really is disgusting that they insist on obtaining additional personal information from you because of charges which they have levied againt you which they know are unlawful and which they know they soon will have to hand back to you.

Do you have a parachute account? A&L have a reputation for closing accounts. The continue to act unfairly towards their customers.

I would simply refuse to supply them with the information.

Point out to them that they are fully aware that their charges are unfair. There has already been a High Court decision against them. This wll be confirmed on appeal, that you will be seeking the return of your money and that you have no intention of supplying them with further information.

All charges paid to them are paid under protest.

In the meantime, I would begin the clais process immediately. This puts the money formally in dispute and makes it slghtly harder for them to take retaliatory action against you.

warn them that if they take any retaliatory action against you that you will take actin in respect of thst too.

Don't make any threats to them that you aren't prepared to carry out

• 1 month later...
"But people do need money if they have bills to pay," I said."Sure they do," smiled rich dad. "All I'm saying is that it's fear that is all too often doing the thinking.""I don't understand," said Mike."For example," said rich dad. "If the fear of not having enough money arises, instead of immediately running out to get a job so they can earn a few bucks to kill the fear, they instead might ask themselves this question. `Will a job be the best solution to this fear over the long run?' In my opinion, the answer is `no.' Especially when you look over a person's lifetime. A job is really a short-term solution to a long-term problem.""But my dad is always saying, `Stay in school, get good grades, so you can find a safe, secure job.' I spoke out, somewhat confused."So is there an answer?" asked Mike.dog clothing, "Yes," said rich dad. dog clothes wholesale "Learn to use your emotions to think, not think with your emotions. When you boys mastered your emotions, first by agreeing to work for free,dog apparel, I knew there was hope. When you again resisted your emotions when I tempted you with more money, pet clothes, you were again learning to think in spite of being emotionally charged. pet clothing, That's the first step.""Why is that step so important" I asked."Yes, I understand he says that," said rich dad, smiling. "Most people recommend that, and it's a good idea for most people. But people make that recommendation primarily out of fear.""You mean my dad says that because he's afraid?""Yes," said rich dad. "He's terrified that you won't be able to earn money and won't fit into society. Don't get me wrong. He loves you and wants the best for you. And I think his fear is justified. An education and a job are important. But it won't handle the fear. You see, that same fear that makes him get up in the morning to earn a few bucks is the fear that is causing him to be so fanatical about you going to school.""So what do you recommend?" I asked."I want to teach you to master the power of money. Not be afraid of it. And they don't teach that in school. If you don't learn it, you become a slave to money."

???????

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html