Help Kwikfit car insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i need some advice please as quick as as kwik fit arent willing to answer

we payed our car insurance outright for 12months in september usin my dads credit card we bought a new car a few days ago and yesterday my hubby changed over the insurance they said it would be £25 change over and £40 extra but would send a paper bill out to pay as we have no means to pay for it anyway this morning i get a phone call from a very unhappy dad the insuranse have takin £100 off his card

now i am :eek: as its 2 diff names 2 diff addresses they had no rights to take payment from that visa card with out authorisation ??

where do i stand please help

OMG here we go again:eek:

RBOS round 2 prem letter sent 23/10/2008 14days and counting:rolleyes: no reply.....

RBOS LBA sent 11/11/2008

court papers finally issued 27th march they have to 27th april

Ambrose wilson/reliable collections account in dispute letter sent 22/10/2008 finally replied to letter 1 today but too late:p no news or replies to anythin now:mad:

Carpark management letter sent 22/10/2008

not heard anything-7th april 2009

You'll find this isn't clear cut. Many insurance companies will now not provide ANY cover unless you pay with plastic. This means they can lever you into rolling the cover over for another year, and they also say should they need to refund, they keep the details on file.

People normally use their own plastic, not that of others, so it'll be up to your father to state he did not authorise the debit, but this could cause you problems later if they cancel the policy immediately.

The best rule of thumb is to NOT use plastic but a cheque - and read your policy carefully regarding renewal of covver in case they assert the right to renew automatically on expiry.

No when we payed for the insurance at the bottom they wont accept payment without talking to my dad now they have just takin it regardless and still wont refund it.. they told us £40 diff not £100

RBOS round 2 prem letter sent 23/10/2008 14days and counting:rolleyes: no reply.....

RBOS LBA sent 11/11/2008

Ambrose wilson/reliable collections account in dispute letter sent 22/10/2008 finally replied to letter 1 today but too late:p no news or replies to anythin now:mad:

Sorry, I don't understand. Bottom of what? DID he authorise the original payment that was taken? If not, he should tell his bank that he wants the money refunded as he didn't authorise the transaction.

sorry yeh wen we took out the original policy they had to talk to him aswell as us or it wouldnt be authorised ive just rang them told them they have till tomorrow or my dad will take it further

RBOS LBA sent 11/11/2008

ok they just rang and said my hubby said this n this ect so its his word against the company they told me the calls had been recorded for proof

can i request this do you know?

RBOS LBA sent 11/11/2008

Whatever your husband said makes no difference. If your father did not authorise a charge coming off his card, then it is unlawful for them to take it, simple as that.

Unless your husband has impersonated your father, then they had no reason to do so.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Aren't you overlooking the most obvious solution? DON'T give them a DD. (Or indeed anyone). I have no real complaint about their services in the last 6 years of use, but I certainly wouldn't give them access to my bank account - that would be just plain silly.