Harrassing phone calls of a different nature!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We get calls from 01282 863611 at all hours of the night. It is a fax machine. It is highly unlikely to be a creditor as no arrears.

It is quite stressful as we have elderly relatives with one of them in and out of hospital all the time so when you get a call at 03:45 in the morning you think the worst.

Even more annoying is that my wife has to get up for work at 04:30 in the morning and after the phone call cannot get back to sleep.

How can we stop this and also claim compensation for stress or if not compensation, a big fine by a regulatory body to stop them once and for all?

Looks like you aren't the only one

01282863611 - who calls me?

Several other reference to this number on the internet

It may be this company:-

XLCR Vehicle Management

phone number - 08000 833711

Call them - but also call OFFCOM Home page | Ofcom

and complain

Cmplaint raised. Also just found out that our number obtained in May 2008 which is supposed to be unlisted is in the telephone directory and that really p*sses me off. Registered for TPR and FPR anyway.

We get calls from 01282 863611 at all hours of the night. It is a fax machine.

It is quite stressful as we have elderly relatives with one of them in and out of hospital all the time so when you get a call at 03:45 in the morning you think the worst.

Even more annoying is that my wife has to get up for work at 04:30 in the morning and after the phone call cannot get back to sleep.

How can we stop this ?

I used to be in-undated with mis-dialed numbers at all hours of day and night, from people trying to get through to Royal Mail of all things!!! Changing my number wasn't an option so I bought the "True call" recorder system, and now I find myself picking up the phone just to check there is a dialing tone and it's working! Admittedly you probably won't need to be able to record all of your phone conversations therefore avoiding the £125 price tab, but you can buy it for under one hundred pounds now, for just the "true call" device on it's own, check the reviews it has on this site. I am a big fan of it, you can allow or deny any number from calling you, you can also deny any caller between the hours of 11pm and 6am unless they know the code you give them, should it be an emergency. Any withheld numbers or inter national numbers, and you can tell the phone not to ring, just take a message. It can all be controlled from your computer, it will even tell you what number rang, when and in which part of the country it rang from!

Alternatively, give the hospital a mobile number, and unpkug the land line every night??:confused:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

i used to get calls all the time from a big resturant placing a milk order happened every week so one week the left a message we wont 50 cream 80 milk and a load of other things so i left it till the morning to ring back they had a wedding hello have you ordered cream for the wedding YES well i guess it wont be coming cause you called the wrong number again and i just laffed guy went mad i just said well check the number you ring next time

peace since then

Regards dk

Please Tip My Scales if Info was Use full

i used to get calls all the time from a big resturant placing a milk order happened every week so one week the left a message we wont 50 cream 80 milk and a load of other things so i left it till the morning to ring back they had a wedding hello have you ordered cream for the wedding YES well i guess it wont be coming cause you called the wrong number again and i just laffed guy went mad i just said well check the number you ring next time

peace since then

Regards dk

Ha, ha good one DCA-KING!!!

Whenever I get a phone call like that I usually say can you just wait a minute - then either carry on as normal with them racking up a large bill or even take the phone into the toliet and flush the chain!!! Trumping down the line usually stops them.:D