Capital One PPI claim refused!! *Need Help!*

bizzib
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Happy New Year to one and all!!

I really need some advice regarding my claim I sent to Capital One back in November 08, they say they sent a response on the 4th December which, surprisingly did not reach my home address??

I sent them a follow up letter as suggested by Pompeii Faith and I received a letter apologising that I had not received the correspondence sent on the 4th,but they had enclosed it. This letter is dated the 30th December is posted 1st class and only arrived today?... Is that strange or is it just me?... Plus it arrived opened?!?!?

...Anyway, back to the important bit...

Capital one basically came back to me with the following:-

We sold the PPI to you when you requested it on your application form.

Capital One is authorised and regulated by the FSA for the sale of Insurance. We are therefore required to ensure that our marketing material is clear,fair and not misleading. PPI is optional and this is made clear to you within our marketing material.

You have received the full policy document, which included full terms and conditions and policy summary prior to the conclusion of the contract.

This contains full list of exclusions and outlines the cost of this policy.

You have received a 30day cooling off period in which you could cancel the policy free of charge. You can cancel your PPI policy at anytime by calling the number at the top of the letter.

As we have sold you the PPI correctly and in accordance with your request we will not be refunding any of the premium charged to date.

If you have any further questions, please write back to me within four weeks.

My address is in the leaflet I have included, (Not received with today's letter!) which also explains our complaints procedure. If I do not hear from you, I'll consider that you're happy with my response and that your complaint is closed.

Yours Sincerely

Ellie Renshaw

Executive Office Manager

Could really do with some advice here, I don't believe I requested for the PPI, I don't normally ask for those things. I'm almost positive I applied over the phone for this card so if I had been asked would definetly have said no... Plus I already had another credit card so would not have taken out protection for that reason alone. can't find my paperwork though.

Any help is much appreciated, really need to know how to proceed?:confused:

Thanks

Kind Regards

Bizzi

typical response from cap1

almost the same as sent to everyone else that asks for a refund.

time for LBA me thinks

do a bit of reading on cap1 ppi threads

dx

ps look and post in the PPI forum not here

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi reading your thread with interest.

you will need to get copies of all you information from cap 1 before you proceed .

have you done a data protection request including copies of your application form.

if cap 1 wont supply take them to court for non compliance and claim damages for about £150.00.

they will fob you off as much as possible but keep on at them and dont forget all correspondence in writing and send recorded delivery.

Thanks all, for coming back to me I will go through the threads and send off the data protection request as I have not done this yet.

Can I ask one quick question?... This post has been un-approved can anyone shed some light as to why?

Thanks

Kind Regards

Bizzi

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I'm back again with an update from Crapital One.

Bearing in mind all the banks I had written to were given 14days to come back to me (14th Feb deadline) and the letter is dated the 17th, I think it was better than previous correspondence?..

I received a letter with an offer... Crap1offerletter.jpg">

Crap1offerletterreverse-1.jpg

Last night I sat down and I calculated what I am actually owed and this is no where near what they have offered me, in reality the sum is more like just over £200 and I had asked them to make the payment to me and not to my account as they have stated.

Can anyone advise a suitable response letter to this bank please?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Bizzib

just reply that they did nto comply with the law regards the ppi and give a clear specific date tha tif you have not had cleared funds by you will commenct court action.....

inbetween get your court paperwork ready..... it is your claim and your time frame not theirs.....

rockin all over the world