Natwest OD CCJ , now trying for CO **WON,** - what do i now pay?

sleepingdog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have you been receiving statements at least once a year ? If not, then you want them to provide these - it might be another way of seeing what is going on.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No and No ...simply keep paying the amounts until the judgment debt is paid...ignore what they state /request.

Here you go, the answer to both questions :) I have edited your first post to show the answers in the correct place :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks again got all of your replies, they have never given me a statement in the 8 years they have been collecting, I shall now write a formal complaint letter and ask for a full statement. The funny thing is that their attempt to get the judgement changed to forthwith gives me plenty of evidence that at that time they fully knew the correct original judgement amount and are trying it on.

Sleepingdog

for sake of history

I've merged several threads on this 'debt'

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks again got all of your replies, they have never given me a statement in the 8 years they have been collecting, I shall now write a formal complaint letter and ask for a full statement. The funny thing is that their attempt to get the judgement changed to forthwith gives me plenty of evidence that at that time they fully knew the correct original judgement amount and are trying it on.

Sleepingdog

And I bet the statements will have interest added when received and balance will be different to judgement amount.

I will be subbing with interest as I have a similar issue with same bank / solicitors.

Hi Baz1994 ,

I do not think that interest is being added as it would have far exceeded payments

and the balance has gone down by the amounts I have paid,

also when I recently spoke to nat west collections they told me that they stopped interest

at the time of the court papers being issued.

i will be interested on what their reply is to my recent letter regarding this matter

which has been addressed to nat west as they are the claimants.

Sleepingdog

Hi Baz1994 ,I do not think that interest is being added as it would have far exceeded payments and the balance has gone down by the amounts I have paid, also when I recently spoke to nat west collections they told me that they stopped interest at the time of the court papers being issued. i will be interested on what their reply is to my recent letter regarding this matter which has been addressed to nat west as they are the claimants.

Sleepingdog

I hope you are right sleepingdog but let me know when you get statements from bank.

Also did you get a statement from Solicitors ? Maybe an idea to request one if you didn't.

I done the same and Solicitors was as I thought but bank balance outstanding amount was much more as still added interest.

Good Luck :wink:

And I bet the statements will have interest added when received and balance will be different to judgement amount.

I will be subbing with interest as I have a similar issue with same bank / solicitors.

Hello Sleepingdog and Baz1994!

I am also subbing with interest, as I too have almost similar situation, but without a CCJ as yet!

Here is a link to my thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?266247-natwest-summons-for-joined-overdraft-and-loan

I hope you are right sleepingdog but let me know when you get statements from bank.

Also did you get a statement from Solicitors ? Maybe an idea to request one if you didn't.

I done the same and Solicitors was as I thought but bank balance outstanding amount was much more as still added interest.

Good Luck :wink:

From my own experience, solicitor merely repeats account balances provided to them by the bank. Unless perhaps they are reactivating a case off their own bat, in which case they may have used "out of date" information in error.

From my own experience, solicitor merely repeats account balances provided to them by the bank. Unless perhaps they are reactivating a case off their own bat, in which case they may have used "out of date" information in error.

Hi tedney,

Solicitor balance was that for judgement and in which I have an agreed monthly payment plan and has been decreasing appropriately with no interest.

Submitted SAR to bank a while back as never received any statements for current / OD account for many years. Not only did they not tell me about account being downgraded but on checking copies of statements once received they were still adding quarterly interest and therefore balance had increased.

The bank were very quick in turning an unsecured loan / OD into a secured loan, even though I was making what monthly payments I could afford at the time. I even requested that interest to be frozen but they declined, even though they were aware of my financial hardship.

Eventually a monthly payment plan with bank was agreed but after about 6 months they demanded a ridiculous amount per month in which was more than my original monthly payments, hence application of eventual CCJ.

Hi Baz ,

my bank accounts with nat west were terminated by them before court action

so I can not see them adding interest.

Hi tedney,

I have read some of your post and can not believe your issues are still going on.

Having gone over the paperwork that I have it seems their solicitors had the correct figure for the CCJ

when issuing new proceedings to try for change of judgement to forthwith but had the balance owing incorrect .

I have also noticed that within the letters they have sent me the balance owing increases / decreases

by many hundreds of pounds within days.

More evidence to show the judge if I am forced to take this back to court.

Sleepingdog

• 2 weeks later...

As promised a cheerful update.

After a 1 hour call to the bank and after going through many departments

they understood what I was saying and the fact that I would take it back to court

for a judge to give his opinion on the matter they started a official complaint.

Next thing I knew their solicitors wrote to me with a full statement showing the original amount they claimed ,

all my payments towards the CCJ and then a reduction this week of

the difference between the amount they claimed and the actual amount on the CCJ

bringing the total amount now owed to the figure I agree with.

It's taken 8 years but finally I can rest .

And yes I was joking you never know what their next move is ,

possibly a claim for the difference,

like I care been through too many court cases in the past to worry lol.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me in this matter.

Sleepingdog